Weapon Durability/Repair/salvage

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
If there is no Repair/salvage mechanic for weapons then whats the point of them losing damage after 50% dura?
Give us repair or salvage or let us use them til 0 dura

Randomness about salvaging and smelting already used steel.
The coal used (heat source) would also add carbon and if you didn't balance the fuel to oxygen then you could end up with cast iron. Nice pretty garden fence but scrap sword XD lol

Sound like a fun mini-game if ... Oh shit, this is SV...

How-ever I do feel that mechanic is in the game to encourage players to dispose of the weapon and as such remove that content from the game. More mats removed then more mats are needed and in theory more gathering needed... So more people outside.

Simplistic thinking by SV but hey... It is what it is currently (=.=')

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
the mechanic is there for 'realism' for damage decrease lack of 'repair' option is to increase the amount of farming in the game and increase more 'time and gold' sinks xd balance of gaming and realism I guess xD doenst make sense in a way but hey its the game lol

Vaith

May 28, 2020
What if you repair it but the max dura goes down 25%?

It just feels bad to craft a a good weapon and when its 65% you already start doubting if you should bring it out because it will soon do less damage.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
If there is no Repair/salvage mechanic for weapons then whats the point of them losing damage after 50% dura?
Give us repair or salvage or let us use them til 0 dura

If you could repair there would be no need for crafting really or the crafters play style and making lots of gold.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
If you could repair there would be no need for crafting really or the crafters play style and making lots of gold.
Because as of now half of every weapon is deletable, better to either let us repair at a percentage loss every repair or have a useful weapon until it breaks.
Repair skill should be secondary under crafting so crafters get the extra business.
Salvage is also a good option if weapons are only half useful, again give us a percentage of materials invested, again salvage to be a secondary under the respective crafting branch.

Reactions: Valoran

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The dura system is very annoying. I would wish for harder to get the materials for metals like steel but increase the dura so its seems like it last more then just a fight or two.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Because as of now half of every weapon is deletable, better to either let us repair at a percentage loss every repair or have a useful weapon until it breaks.
Repair skill should be secondary under crafting so crafters get the extra business.
Salvage is also a good option if weapons are only half useful, again give us a percentage of materials invested, again salvage to be a secondary under the respective crafting branch.

Yeah I agree that's how other games work to. but the way this system is setup is a mess it seems the dev's are clueless.
The crafter play style likes crafting and selling and they can make and sell more on broker as the system is now.
I also think all the time the crafter play style can be killed mindlessly while out mining/collecting resources etc the devs want to keep them happy with gold making.
The crafting system wants you to choose to change durability on armour and bows when you craft higher durability over damage or other way round ect and they think this is an in-depth crafting system :)
And salvage isn't worth it because the resources are easy to get and it encourages pve which is what the back bone of the player driven economy is and what pvp players hate the most because they think its purely a pvp game.

D

Deleted member 44

The entire 50% system just needs to be removed. A 50% weapon is already next to worthless in a fight. If I notice a weapon is less than 50% I will either delete it or save it to farm mobs.

On another note this is par for the course with SV. They have a system implemented that any new player wouldn't have a clue that it exists. Additionally, they give the player no indication that it is happening unless they do the math to see what the 50% point is. The game is already doing the calculation but SV is to ignorant to print that next to the durability ratio. Shit, we have icons for status conditions but a status condition for low weapon durability would just be too complicated apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
the mechanic is there for 'realism' for damage decrease lack of 'repair' option is to increase the amount of farming in the game and increase more 'time and gold' sinks xd balance of gaming and realism I guess xD doenst make sense in a way but hey its the game lol

Just a warning make any post with "realism" in it and you will anger the pvpers and there gods lol They don't believe in realism elements being in the game they think that is crazy talk ;)

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Just a warning make any post with "realism" in it and you will anger the pvpers and there gods lol They don't believe in realism elements being in the game they think that is crazy talk ;)
man you are so upset, half of you kids are just larpers that dont even know what is realistic or not. Just looking for excuses to bend the game to what ever larp you want.

• Haha
Reactions: Skabsticles

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
The dura system is very annoying. I would wish for harder to get the materials for metals like steel but increase the dura so its seems like it last more then just a fight or two.

Steel is already a really long process to get lol
And the durability of impeccable steel is huge!
You must die a lot if you think you can only get 2 fights out of it.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Say 250 dura and thats above all steel dura Ive seen so far atleast.
That means you have say 150 dura of good dmg to be generous here.

Now if you actually hit decently in a medium to large fight of around 30 min that dura will not last more then a couple fights max.
Ofc the less you hit the more fights your weapon will last, but thats up to your quality of play.
Not sure why the last sentence is here since we talking durability here and not losing swords to looters since then its still usable if high enough dura.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Steel swords dont last that long, Only a couple of fights are a few hours of farming. You can get a hour of farming out of a half dura steel weapon.

Game is really annoying on weapons breaking so fast. Needs to increase the dura but then balance the mats gathering and crafting behind it.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Realism for realisms sake at the expense of gameplay is not good in games since its games and meant for enjoyment not realism.

Realism to build upon the game is very good I think, realism to improve immersion. It sure does have its place but shouldnt like anything be shoved in just because realism.

Theres always two camps in these discussions regarding realism and the best example being. Where one wants realism to buff their style but wont agree to the other end being a nerf to their style.

"If I run my horse into you you would get knocked down and take damage every time" "If I shove my spear, pike, sword or any other weapon into your charging horse, it will die in 1 hit".
Both being realistic but detrimental to the opposite side as noone wants 100% knockdown rates and noone wants 1 hit mounts, both systems being horrible for a games enjoyment.
Noone wants to get 1 hit perma death in a mmorpg with hundreds of gold or hours invested just because its realistic.
Or to die from hunger because irl you need to sleep for 8 hours a day but your character will still be waiting for you to eat while you sleep away from computer.
Realism goes so far in games, any extreme is not good.

Imagine wearing ogh armor and getting one shot by a naked thief stabbing you in the back through a weak spot. FUN!

R0CKETMAN

Sep 11, 2022
Realism for realisms sake at the expense of gameplay is not good in games since its games and meant for enjoyment not realism.

Realism to build upon the game is very good I think, realism to improve immersion. It sure does have its place but shouldnt like anything be shoved in just because realism.

Theres always two camps in these discussions regarding realism and the best example being. Where one wants realism to buff their style but wont agree to the other end being a nerf to their style.

"If I run my horse into you you would get knocked down and take damage every time" "If I shove my spear, pike, sword or any other weapon into your charging horse, it will die in 1 hit".
Both being realistic but detrimental to the opposite side as noone wants 100% knockdown rates and noone wants 1 hit mounts, both systems being horrible for a games enjoyment.
Noone wants to get 1 hit perma death in a mmorpg with hundreds of gold or hours invested just because its realistic.
Or to die from hunger because irl you need to sleep for 8 hours a day but your character will still be waiting for you to eat while you sleep away from computer.
Realism goes so far in games, any extreme is not good.

Imagine wearing ogh armor and getting one shot by a naked thief stabbing you in the back through a weak spot. FUN!

Cool story but repairing weapons really isn't detrimental to having fun. I think a weapon losing durability that fast is highly unrealistic and forces people to grind more for resources, which is already fucking tedious. You're literally contradicting yourself. A simple option to repair weapons at the cost of X percent maximum durability is really not game breaking.