Weapon crafting suggestion. Grip materials.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
I tested out grip materials and I've found that in no way is leather good to use for a grip compared to using just wood or other materials. Why is it this way? Grips are traditionally used with leathers so that the user can get a good GRIP of the weapon, not more wood or flakestone. Imagine gripping a wooden handled axe and now imagine gripping a leather gripped axe, which one is better?

It's really a short suggestion, make grip materials restricted to leathers and cloths or increase the stats that those materials give when used in the grip slot. As it stands core and grip is purely for more / less weight and durability which have the values of leathers being very low.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
there must be a way that wood is not one of the best handle materials for swords if you dont care about dura, it looks stupid like the kathana grip on every sword.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Leather in general is a really bad material. There is nothing I've tested leather on that it is optimal. It's mainly just a useable filler for ultra-cheap gear in a lot of slots.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Yeah I would have liked to see leather used in armor this time as well. Its just literally useless in everything just as it was in MO1.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Yup, leather need some stat that it's "good" at. Both for weapon handles and as armour main or backing.