Weakspots currently disabled for daggers?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Hey,
I created a Veela in Skinny with 130 Dex.
I tested it with a Mercy Dagger Head out of Steel with full steel handle, and also a second one with dense crepite handle.
I tested all available grips.
Out of a few 100 attacks I didn't get a single weakspot.
Fully changed hits on the head, and also from the back.
I also removed my armor to see if armor weight might have an effect on WS chance. Nothing changed -> no Weakspots.

Was someone able to get weakspots with daggers since last patch?
Was this removed?

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
i heared it was removed or was never in the game for 1h spears and daggers at least

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Original combat alpha I knew weakspotting was in the game because you could weakspot with GB's (and it was stupid). I havent gotten a weakspot in a long time, so its turned off to my knowledge. I'm hoping they dont re add weakspotting because its just a bad mechanic, and they could add armor penetration or something less RNG based instead.

Reactions: Kaemik

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Original combat alpha I knew weakspotting was in the game because you could weakspot with GB's (and it was stupid). I havent gotten a weakspot in a long time, so its turned off to my knowledge. I'm hoping they dont re add weakspotting because its just a bad mechanic, and they could add armor penetration or something less RNG based instead.

I'd suggest damage multipliers for backhits. In Darkfall backhits did double damage. Adding something like this for certain weapons/builds would be one of the best ways to make roguey high-dex melee better. Because I fully agree, some kind of consistent bonus in specific conditions is a lot more skill-based and fun than a random-number-generating playing a huge factor in who wins fights.

Reactions: Jatix and Rhias

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I'd suggest damage multipliers for backhits. In Darkfall backhits did double damage. Adding something like this for certain weapons/builds would be one of the best ways to make roguey high-dex melee better. Because I fully agree, some kind of consistent bonus in specific conditions is a lot more skill-based and fun than a random-number-generating playing a huge factor in who wins fights.
You'd like to think that, but we all know how that's really going to turn out...

Lagstab.gif