Weak Spot Spears:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They have to exist right? Or did SV decide that they are too OP cuz range? I can't, for the life of me, make one. I have not gotten ONE WEAK SPOT EVER WITH A SPEAR. I've gotten weak spots with freakin 2h gbs. What's the handle or tip you need? Pretty sure I understand the mats.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Weakspot spears were only a thing in MO1 because you could attach a dagger head on a spear handle. Cant do it in MO2.

I'm talkin' about like a spear that can weak spot. lol like SOMETIMES. There were non-dagger WS spears. Dagger might have been the meta, but I got weak spots w/ spears. I got weak spots w/ sator spears.

So they made it so you can not weak spot with a spear? That's fucking stupid. I'm not asking for high lvl weak spot. Just something that can get a little spicy. Like I said I am max weak spot-ability and I can't do shit.

No joke: I never have seen a weak spot with a spear yet. Maybe someone else poked me? But yea not talking about dagger spears or like spear lances haha, that shit was wack indeed. A good example tho would be spear lances, remember how they would weak spot and were a big thing for a sec?

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
sometime in mo1, sv decided weakspots on spears were too powerful and removed it. now it only exists on the nubby vendor spear

-barcode

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
sometime in mo1, sv decided weakspots on spears were too powerful and removed it. now it only exists on the nubby vendor spear

-barcode

that hurts, good look tho. I kinda understand, but... never... is wack. I actually like spears in MO2. DAT RANGE. I don't need to rely on weak spots, but having one every once in awhile would be a game changer. Fuckin SV man loool.

D

Dracu

It was intentionally disabled in alpha.
It is literally impossible to weakspot with a spear besides the vendor spear which is funny cause stabbing with a hammer can weakspot

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
They have to exist right? Or did SV decide that they are too OP cuz range? I can't, for the life of me, make one. I have not gotten ONE WEAK SPOT EVER WITH A SPEAR. I've gotten weak spots with freakin 2h gbs. What's the handle or tip you need? Pretty sure I understand the mats.

You can weakspot with spears but only head. I also saw swords weakspotting with thrust attack to the head. They do not weakspot to body or limbs though like dagger is doing but it is false that they do not exist.

D

Dracu

You can weakspot with spears but only head. I also saw swords weakspotting with thrust attack to the head. They do not weakspot to body or limbs though like dagger is doing but it is false that they do not exist.
I wanna see proof on this tbh.

D

Dracu

Training dummy -> any spear you craft will weakspot with a thrust attack to the head in under 100 hits.
Thats not proof, thats a method for testing. I have duelled players for 100s of hours using spear. No once.. was a weakspot.. i have weakspotted with every weapon type in the game except spears. And 80% playtime was on spears. The only spear that can weakspot is the vendor spear

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
Thats not proof, thats a method for testing. I have duelled players for 100s of hours using spear. No once.. was a weakspot.. i have weakspotted with every weapon type in the game except spears. And 80% playtime was on spears. The only spear that can weakspot is the vendor spear
Like I said you need to hit the head. There is no weakspot on other bodyparts! ONLY thrust attack and ONLY head works!

D

Dracu

Like I said you need to hit the head. There is no weakspot on other bodyparts! ONLY thrust attack and ONLY head works!
Neither of us will back down. I cant proof that its impossible, only you can proof that it is possible. If you proof it, i will aknowledge it. If not then its just a nice theory.

Edit: pls in video format cause a screenshot can be faked by just switching weapons after weakspotting with a different weapon type... Or generally just faking it... A video too i guess... But atleast its a good effort put in then

Last edited by a moderator:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'll do it right now hehhh.

I'd kinda understand why it could be OP, but never is STUPID. Spears seem longer than they were in MO1, and a lot of the other 'long' wep types don't exist... like old flanged mace, old gb pole... spear has really fun range. I def popped a lot of zombies in the head, but yea I'll do it. 100 times. Gimme a sec.

I'm lean 129 dex + ws gift so it should come up faster than 100.

Edit: this is what I got...

close to 100 if not 100, was counting, should have been 101, but who knows. Brainrot.

Last edited:

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
Ok so my first toon in MO2 was a hybrid footfighter with spears. I had a lot of weakspots in pve and pvp in the first couple of months. I quit playing him and he is more of a crafter for me now. SV must have definetely patched it out for some stupid reason. It was working very well before but just on thrust attacks and just on head. Emalj Firm Handle with Jadeite Long Spear gave me a lot of weak spots for example.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Ok so my first toon in MO2 was a hybrid footfighter with spears. I had a lot of weakspots in pve and pvp in the first couple of months. I quit playing him and he is more of a crafter for me now. SV must have definetely patched it out for some stupid reason. It was working very well before but just on thrust attacks and just on head. Emalj Firm Handle with Jadeite Long Spear gave me a lot of weak spots for example.

well, in my opinion weak spot spears, like tru weak spot spears were OP in MO and aids. However, especially since the game's armor is so pierce focused (the most boosted armor: draco = massive pierce mod,) Merc plate is a decent pierce as well w/ slash. There isn't an armor that pushes slash like that cept ranger, and that's not a heavy armor. Bla bla... I think getting normal level weak spots would be cool. Every attack is a thrust (cept for change up,) so the percentage wouldn't need to be that high. Like Dracu said, you can weak spot with an axe or hammer.

Also, after being on this forum for a long time, you realize certain people generally know what's up or they don't post; thus, I was pretty convinced the moment barcode came in and said his piece.

But yea given I'm on a 'weak spot build' it'd be nice to get some. I feel like I can survive, and even as a veela I can eat soft targets pretty nice, but one weakspot can be a peel just due to psychological impact. I don't really have the ability to peel vs someone in armor, at all. Not that I need it, cuz I can do a lot of other things, but... it'd be nice once in awhile to be like HA. I mean... you'd think I'd get lucky and get a weak spot once in awhile.

They prol do need to adjust the weak spot dmg since pierce is so high (prol why the armors are so high.) 55s or whatever you get w/ a dagger are obv too much for something with the range of a spear.