We were informed a week ago that the servers can handle over 100k people

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
Its funny how people think the problem is about server capacity. Server capacity is a very easy problem to fix for a game that works with server Clusters.

The problem is obviously a coding problem, and that is not an easy one to fix.

I remember when Albion Online first Launched, same thing happened. People had to wait hours in a queue, the devs then inverted a ton of money on server capacity because they tough that was the problem. Guess what? It was not the problem. Took them about a week to fix the actual problem...and Albion had it easier than MO2 because their Clusters are visualy separated, un like MO2 where clusters merge forming a single world.

So, atleast give the devs a month before shitting on them.

Reactions: druez and Teknique

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Its funny how people think the problem is about server capacity. Server capacity is a very easy problem to fix for a game that works with server Clusters.

The problem is obviously a coding problem, and that is not an easy one to fix.

I remember when Albion Online first Launched, same thing happened. People had to wait hours in a queue, the devs then inverted a ton of money on server capacity because they tough that was the problem. Guess what? It was not the problem. Took them about a week to fix the actual problem...and Albion had it easier than MO2 because their Clusters are visualy separated, un like MO2 where clusters merge forming a single world.

So, atleast give the devs a month before shitting on them.
Agreed, people need to be a bit more patient, people are expecting mountains moved over night. The expectation that from a smaller dev team for them to fix queuing issues faster than the 2+ weeks that it took blizzard to do the same is laughable. But frustration is definitely warranted but people need to find something better to do with their lives than bother everyone else with their insecurities.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Agreed, people need to be a bit more patient, people are expecting mountains moved over night. The expectation that from a smaller dev team for them to fix queuing issues faster than the 2+ weeks that it took blizzard to do the same is laughable. But frustration is definitely warranted but people need to find something better to do with their lives than bother everyone else with their insecurities.
We expect them to not make the mistake in the first place. This was completely avoidable and already brought up to them. And they can fix it over night with a wipe and force people to sit in haven while they make more nodes in myrland out if their haven servers.

Its just a continuation of horrible choices from SV showing their incompetence.

Reactions: night_vision_elf

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
We expect them to not make the mistake in the first place. This was completely avoidable and already brought up to them. And they can fix it over night with a wipe and force people to sit in haven while they make more nodes in myrland out if their haven servers.

Lol. Expected a flawless launch? God you have unrealistic expectations.

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021

A wipe does not fix the problem... why cant people understand that the problem is code related, not capacity related.

This is a very common problem in mmos, and adding more capacity does not solve it. And if its that common why devs dont learn from other mmos? Because the list that can cause these problems is so huge, that pretty much every single mmo needs a.different solution.

Working with network code can be that complicated. There is alwas a fix for these problems but fixes are never fast, cause a fast fix will make things worse.

So stop being a shitty human being and remember that devs are also human beings.

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
Server nodes can hold about 1k people, as seen in the stress test. So theroretically the servers can hold that many.
Even if it’s true that nodes can hold 100, your conclusion is wrong. Are there 100 Myrland nodes? That’s the only way SV could reach that lofty 100k stat. If that were true, then people outside of cities would have no queue issues with only 6k online. I don’t understand why you are choosing to defend this stat.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Server nodes can hold about 1k people, as seen in the stress test. So theroretically the servers can hold that many. The problem is the congestion points that is cities, especially since 80% of the population is congregating in 3 cities which makes the actual capacity much much lower.

He should have been more upfront about that, and to think they didnt think everyone would go meduli, fabernum and tindrem on launch and that wouldn't cause problems is naive at best. Then the fact that they are up to more than 3x the expected players now is not helping but if they didnt have a plan for that then again... Naive at best.

That is one of the reason a more distributed start would have been better, but even the cities are not builld for big player numbers. They are like Skyrim villages.

I do agree with your other point that no one should expect them to fix this fast. Even though I don´t understand the purpose of the stress tests if not to prepare solutions that could be applied in this situation.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
That is one of the reason a more distributed start would have been better, but even the cities are not builld for big player numbers. They are like Skyrim villages.

I do agree with your other point that no one should expect them to fix this fast. Even though I don´t understand the purpose of the stress tests if not to prepare solutions that could be applied in this situation.
Yup. If they should get any criticism its for the absolute disaster that is the poor planning of how the cities will play out with a large population. Heck even with the improved banks they are horrible. And that is just gameplay design and excluding the planning that must have been missed for the back-end.

They needed to scale things up and make more cities viable and make sure they could have spread out the population, but seeing as they for some reason still wanted a short release window, that is probably the main thing that is the problem why that didnt happen. Still their fault.

On top the queue system should have already been much further in development before release and is definitely another criticism that is absolutely valid and they should be strongly admonished for whiffing it so badly.

Most of the criticism they receive is valid, its the entitlement and demand of them to literally throw the entire game under the bus for quick band aid fixes that is not. I've mostly seen 2 kinds of people shitting all over the forums, ingame chat and steam forums. Either they demand stupid short term solutions that create massive problems, like booting up multiple servers or they are patientless dumb asses that expect fixes to take minutes. While simultaneously coming from games like WoW classic and new world. Apparently its fine for AAA mmo games to be absolutely broken for weeks if not months. And in the case of new world, delayed for years. But if Mortal online has any launch issue its literally such an unconceivable slight that it constitutes brigading, creating new steam accounts to brigade further. Like in the case of a certain individual.

I don't exactly know how anyone could go through the process of: AWESOME GAME I WANT TO PLAY > Launch issue > BURN IT DOWN BURN IT ALL DOWN

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
Even though I don´t understand the purpose of the stress tests if not to prepare solutions that could be applied in this situation.

Because server capacity is not the problem.
Stress test will test the server capacity, but some problems can only be testes after launch.
Every sandbox game have had this problem with queues at launch, and server capacity have never been the problem.

Reactions: druez

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Because server capacity is not the problem.
Stress test will test the server capacity, but some problems can only be testes after launch.
Every sandbox game have had this problem with queues at launch, and server capacity have never been the problem.
The issues you were refering to is the login server issue that most other launches have. MO2 does not have a login server issue. The issue was that some nodes were exceeding their 1k player limit which caused the rest of the servers to lag and crash people out of the game.

Capacity of the nodes(servers) are the issue here, to many people were on the tindrem node and the other nodes like meduli and fabernum were having issues as well.

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
The issues you were refering to is the login server issue that most other launches have. MO2 does not have a login server issue. The issue was that some nodes were exceeding their 1k player limit which caused the rest of the servers to lag and crash people out of the game.

Capacity of the nodes(servers) are the issue here, to many people were on the tindrem node and the other nodes like meduli and fabernum were having issues as well.

IM not talking about login server issues.

Again, the problem is not server capacity. Why not?

Because it does not matter in what server node you are in, even if its empty, you will still have problems gettin in. The problem is in the code, not in the capacity of the server.

Okay, lets say The problem is nodes are at capacity... solving that problem is extremely easy. Just make players spawn all around the world. Such a fix can be done in a single day.

However, the actual problem is in the code, not in capacity. Why cant people understand this?

Hell, devs even made discord post about this a few minutes ago.Basically, the systems they have are not working as intended, so yea a code problem.

Reactions: druez

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
The Dev's boldfaced lied to everyone about that. There is no way they can recover from this without actually sharding the server or making regional servers. This is what happens when someone cant put aside their own ego.
You do realize there is more than one server, right? Its not like there one giant machine running Mryland. Its a bunch of servers networked together. All major cities are on their own server or set of servers.

Also, from what I'm understanding its not the actual game servers causing the issue. The login Servers are not letting people into Myrland because there is major server load in a few areas. This is affecting the logins for all nodes, even those thast are in unpopulated areas of the map. They see the load going into those busy nodes and are throttling all entries, causing people like me not to be able to play, and creating login loops instead of an actual Q. What they need to do is put a message in the Q coming from Haven that certain cities are unavailbe or in a Q and give them other options. That's my 2 cent anyways.....

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You do realize there is more than one server, right? Its not like there one giant machine running Mryland. Its a bunch of servers networked together. All major cities are on their own server or set of servers.

Also, from what I'm understanding its not the actual game servers causing the issue. The login Servers are not letting people into Myrland because there is major server load in a few areas. This is affecting the logins for all nodes, even those thast are in unpopulated areas of the map. They see the load going into those busy nodes and are throttling all entries, causing people like me not to be able to play, and creating login loops instead of an actual Q. What they need to do is put a message in the Q coming from Haven that certain cities are unavailbe or in a Q and give them other options. That's my 2 cent anyways.....
There are about 7 servers running myrland, each node (server) has just over 7k capacity. each city is not a server its each node region. Tindrems region is being overloaded along with fab and meduli being hit hard too.

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
There are about 7 servers running myrland, each node (server) has just over 7k capacity. each city is not a server its each node region. Tindrems region is being overloaded along with fab and meduli being hit hard too.
If you say so but my point is still valid, even if I don't know the specific numbers. I cant log into Toxai and I know that area is way less populated. The login servers don't care, they only see the areas being hammered so they throttle everyone trying to get in.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
You guys keep saying 5k in game. I feel like its more like 1-2k lmao.

So yes, 100k fit easily.

Wollkneul

May 28, 2020
It's always funny how people are shitting on developers work and saying you could fix things easily who haven't written one line of code in their entire life and also wouldn't be cognitively able to.