We need stamina for combat pets

Draug

May 22, 2021
Sverige
www.vikingsonshrooms.com
A lot of people are complaining about tamer being OP, and although I believe most of the comments are faulty, there is something wrong about pets being able to fight indefinitely.

A horse can't run forever in game so why can a combat pet outrun, outfight and outlast a player who has to manage stamina? It's against logic.

Simply implement a stamina bar for combat pets and give attacks/sprinting a stamina penalty - perfectly balanced as all things should be.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Just start whipping them(Sebs minions) @Seb :sneaky:
#TIL
Today I Learned
... That @Sebastian Persson has minions.

biE5gcN.jpg

... and that would explain so much.

A horse can't run forever in game so why can a combat pet outrun, outfight and outlast a player who has to manage stamina? It's against logic.
If I understood, once upon a time, correctly then a horse when you were on it was a different kind of thing than it was when you were off of it.

• When you were on it, it was like a suit that gave a certain look to you-and-it and had attributes and could be 'out of stam'.
  • When you were off of it, it was more on its own, but not only had no way to run out of stamina but real stamina to run out of.

If that's true, it might be tricky. For the minions. I still think it's a good idea and should be done if it can be done.

This post is brought to you by
Cunningham's Law:
People are quicker to correct any errors than it is for you to look up the right answer.

najwalaylah-destroyer's-legion.jpg

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
They already have a calculation as to how stam drain works for mounts based on the speed they're going, just have to add this to pets that are simply following.

If it is going faster than the speed threshold to follow you or attack (whenever you send to attack it should be past this threshold unless it's a very slow creature) it should be losing stam.

There should be very few or no cases where a following pet should lose stam while following a player who is jogging, if they're sprinting they should most definitely be losing stamina unless it's a creature with a high speed threshold.

There should also be stam drain associated with combat pet attacks, meaning just like a FF a BM needs to be paying attention to it's pets stam or risk it sitting in the middle of a group wailing on it with no way to retreat.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
They already have a calculation as to how stam drain works for mounts based on the speed they're going, just have to add this to pets that are simply following.

If it is going faster than the speed threshold to follow you or attack (whenever you send to attack it should be past this threshold unless it's a very slow creature) it should be losing stam.

There should be very few or no cases where a following pet should lose stam while following a player who is jogging, if they're sprinting they should most definitely be losing stamina unless it's a creature with a high speed threshold.

There should also be stam drain associated with combat pet attacks, meaning just like a FF a BM needs to be paying attention to it's pets stam or risk it sitting in the middle of a group wailing on it with no way to retreat.
Honestly this should apply to creatures in general. If they make it a thing for normal animals and npcs, then it'd naturally be on player controlled pets too.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Also, powerful “elite” pets like white bears, etc should not spawn in the same spots all the time. They should be rare spawns that spawn randomly around the map. Rare being the key word here.

In white bears case, you'd think with all the new areas with snow we have (around hyllspeia) they'd add more white bear spawns.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Honestly this should apply to creatures in general. If they make it a thing for normal animals and npcs, then it'd naturally be on player controlled pets too.

That would be the best implementation of it for sure

Reactions: Fang

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Pets being OP in Mortal Online? What a shocker. I'd bet all my money that it won't be any better on release.

Fang

Sep 11, 2021
In white bears case, you'd think with all the new areas with snow we have (around hyllspeia) they'd add more white bear spawns.
It is necessary that they spawn randomly in a specific area and move around it fulfilling some of their life goals. As an NPC in Red Dead Redemption 2.

Reactions: TheOxMan and Kelzyr

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
NPCs need to start adhering to the same rules players do.
i dont know that this is necessarily the case. players are clever and will find ways to trivialize the content by abusing pathing issues or other inefficiencies/bugs. this is also why it is important to refresh enemy hp when they leash or reset, to prevent cheezing down content. the nitre queen, for instance, should start each encounter at full health.

player controlled pets, however, clearly need some limitations and shouldnt remain as powerful as they are when in the wild as 'difficult pve'.

-barcode

D

Dracu

no! pets needs a buff git gud you all just hatin my beastmaster skillz

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Make all pets parryable with middle block (so its easier than wild counterparts) and pets should be slower than players (assuming they have foot skills and dex). So pets roles would be removed from a heat seeking killing beast to more of a consistent pressure / defensive utility where it would still be very strong placing it on mages or warriors and tying them up in combat. If they don't want to add pet stamina that is.

All this would change is pets ease of killing people with little (player-skill) investment. They'd still be ridiculously strong as always but would atleast force the tamer to do more than press 1 button and wait for the mob to kill someone.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Its like they learned nothing from MO1 lol. I think Henrik even plans to add pet armor at some point...
For sure, we are watching MOs mistakes all over again.

Yeah the day will come when I will charge into battle alongside my trusted Cronite armored polar bear! It will truly be an EPIC sight to behold :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: Teknique