We need more character slots

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So in other words, if everyone is already self sufficient, adding more characters has no issues and just makes the game more fun when people can actually play different combat roles that they want to play. Why ruin gameplay for a economy thats already bad? Most people are in a guild and dont just buy broker trash anyway.

Like all of these issues can be easily fixed just by properly implementing multi character slots. Make them share name, guild, murder count, standing, etc.

And SV doesnt need more money from people multi subbing. They need to make more people want to keep playing so they dont unsub.

You must have just glossed over or missed my previous point about the economy? That is the primary reason why multiple character slots is not a good idea.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
You must have just glossed over or missed my previous point about the economy? That is the primary reason why multiple character slots is not a good idea.
The economy part is similar to what the other guy I quoted said so what I'd say to that is the same. Didn't want to quote both and say the same thing twice haha. Which is a valid point but I just think more characters would hurt the economy much less than people think. In MO1 most people weren't self sufficient. They heavily relied on guild crafters or brokers. I'd actually say that MO2's 1 character that can do skilling and combat hurt the economy more. Because now everyone really can be pseudo self sufficient with no tradeoff. MO1 most people just made 4 combat characters. If they went back to MO1 4 characters that don't have separate point pools, I think the eco would actually improve. Thats a big change to do post launch tho. Would totally screw up peoples builds. they would need to do it as they add more slots, and make peoples characters split into 2 so they dont lose points. And then can delete one if they dont want it taking a slot.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
No it just ruins the mmo part. I said people are 80% self sufficient. Don't want them being 100% self sufficient. It's already boring enough that people can make 90% of their own armor and weapons
Which only happened because they made it 1 character slot that can do both. MO1 most people just made 4 combat characters. They didnt want to waste 3 of their 4 slots making and armor crafter, wep crafter, and extractor.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Not sure why people act here like nobody plays more than 1 account and try to justify the 1 character system with it.
I've got 2 account. Some in my guild even got 3 or 4 accounts.

My mounted-combat based character is so fucked up due to the horrible MC implementation that I just wait for a fix for it. Until then I just play my other account. And now assume you got a MC build with ~90 dex as your main and only character. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I like both ideas. But one char system reduced the murdering alot in the game in general. the random killing people.
Not sure what bette rmore chars or 1 char.
They can always have the rep system tied across accounts.

Reactions: Jatix

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
self-sufficiency?
lol wait till crafts double.
But yeah, i lasted 5 years on mo1 ... and i couldn't have with only one account.
No way you can stay stoïc for 5 years with one warrior account, when you'll see 10+ magic school added, and other stuff you can't even touch with your build.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Agreed!!!!

This is going to be a hot take, but.... You can build all the characters you want on Mortal Data and see what different builds can do. Not much is going to change how the game plays unless you are doing a drastic change, like go from anything other than spiritist to spiritist.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
self-sufficiency?
lol wait till crafts double.
But yeah, i lasted 5 years on mo1 ... and i couldn't have with only one account.
No way you can stay stoïc for 5 years with one warrior account, when you'll see 10+ magic school added, and other stuff you can't even touch with your build.

Hodo in Mortal Online 1 was a 3 part Sidoian 1 part Khurite. I refused to delete him during the time of the meta thur-khur. Instead he changed over time from being a MC, to a MA. And towards the end I just became a fat mage. This was over the span of 10 years. It isnt hard to reskill a character if you build them right at the start.

I could then and still can make most of what I need on my own, what I cant make I just buy off the market. You know from other players.... creating an economy.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Hodo in Mortal Online 1 was a 3 part Sidoian 1 part Khurite. I refused to delete him during the time of the meta thur-khur. Instead he changed over time from being a MC, to a MA. And towards the end I just became a fat mage. This was over the span of 10 years. It isnt hard to reskill a character if you build them right at the start.

I could then and still can make most of what I need on my own, what I cant make I just buy off the market. You know from other players.... creating an economy.
you can sure make a crappy everything with everything ... that's not the point.
Try to do a mage, or a weakspot warrior, or a crafter with a thursar nowadays for example.
I understand that's the play if you want to play the 1-char-slot game, however this is extremely limited : you still cut off yourself from any strong minmax build.

Maladore

Jan 26, 2022
This is going to be a hot take, but.... You can build all the characters you want on Mortal Data and see what different builds can do. Not much is going to change how the game plays unless you are doing a drastic change, like go from anything other than spiritist to spiritist.

I don't need to build a character on Mortal Data to know that playing a MA will be a different experience than my dex mage/dominator. I want to be able to play different characters and enjoy different in game experiences. That's a pretty common feature in most games.

Reactions: Jatix and Tzone

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Not everyone will do the 'boring grind' and will be willing to pay others to do that.
People couldn't be arsed to mine so they bought metals.
When people want 'instant gold' then they'll look at things like butchery, something that pulls gold from the game.

I am curious to how well buy orders will work now.
I made a fortune in MO1 for buying carcasses in and selling the butchered mats to the NPC. I pushed out thousands of gold to players who then lost it or spent it.. In MO2 I can see that being less as we all can be a butcher.

I'd like to se SV stick with 1 char until they get the buy orders sorted. See how well they get filled in by Randoms and then think if an extra char would make it worse or better.

Tiroides

Feb 22, 2022
What is the difference between having a second account and been able to make an alt character?

Galahorn

Mar 25, 2021
i'm ok with multiple character ; but starting from the second one , no crafting skill tree , happy pvp , happy economy

Yes. Exactly that. Second characters would not have a profession tree. Only main character would be able to craft. Reputation would also be shared across characters.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yes. Exactly that. Second characters would not have a profession tree. Only main character would be able to craft. Reputation would also be shared across characters.
Would be nice if characters after the first were like MO1 where you could spec into crafting or combat skills. Some players will want all crafters and thats fine. Because many people will want all combat. At this point tho they should just use MO1's system of 4 chars with no magical free skilling tree so people can do what they want. The MO2 economy is partially so bad because everyone gets free skilling without needing to drop anything for it.