We need more character slots

Fartest

Mar 23, 2022
I'm almost finished my main combat/crafting I want to try different builds but I'm not deleting my character. Making new steam account and buying the game again isn't really worth the effort and when subscription starts I won't pay for 2 accounts. Also when sub starts paying for 1 character slot seems terrible idea

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
This games with 1 character slot doesnt offer enough to justify a sub. When there's so many other games out there that are full of content and f2p or just buy once. SV will find out when they start subs.

Reactions: Bicorps

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
id rather it stay one character. Even now its easy for someone to be 100% self-sufficent. It makes it hard to do a lot of selling because well everyone is a master armorsmith and weapon smith so why would they buy from you. With two characters then everyone would just be a master gatherer a master refiner a master weapon and armor smith. Etc. Would just ruin what little economy the game has

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Oh look another one of these posts.

1 character per account has its reasons. I know it doesnt make sense to most people who want to do everything on their own and not interact with the rest of the game community. But unfortunately that does nothing for the game economy. SV learned one thing from MO1, and that is multiple characters per account just leads to more headaches than it is worth. You have a decent trade system now, where people interact with others in buying and selling goods and skills. Why??? because they cant do everything on one character. You can be self sufficient but you wont be able to get everything you want if you do more complex things like make steel weapons or tungsteel weapons. If you do that you wont have the skill points to make armor and butcher things and extract the ore and refine it. So if you want good ore, you buy it from someone else who mines it. You dont need an alt for that, use the market.

Dont want to leave town to hunt, buy the materials off the market or pay someone to get it for you. Kind of like how a real economy works.

The other issue is alts on the same account lead to more spy characters. Strictly created just to dump in other guilds to spy on them creating more meta game issues again. More trouble then it is worth.

Oh I know, but people can just buy a second account!!!!! Yeah they could, but.... This is money for SV, you are now paying for a second account, and when subscriptions start, a second subscription. Sure you could use it for spying, but again, you are paying real money for it.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
It is a tricky subject due to the economy issues that everyone would slowly become self sufficient with more character slots they open but imo considering how much content the game can offer, I'd say it's fair to have at least 2 character slots to enjoy more then 1 playstyle. Ideally at time goes by and more content is added, we should get more character slots since there will be more options for main build and professions.

Currently, 1 slot is ok since game basically just launched but once they start pumping content, they really should complete their diva system or however they call it and allow us to make 2nd character in the near future.
And eventually after even more time and content is released, I'd say 3rd character would be fine too and that's where the line should be drawn. 3 imo is ideal number but it needs the game to be in a state that supports it which obviously it currently can't.

Fartest

Mar 23, 2022
You can be fully self sufficient anyway now by having multiple accounts or by leveling skills to 70 I don't even care about crafting that much I want to try different combat builds for fun and experiment. Someone still needs to gather base materials sell them and process them. If I wanted to I could run game on my pc and laptop and gather with both and craft whatever I wanted. Not sure if it's possible to have 2 or more steam accounts running the game anyway on same machine

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
id rather it stay one character. Even now its easy for someone to be 100% self-sufficent. It makes it hard to do a lot of selling because well everyone is a master armorsmith and weapon smith so why would they buy from you. With two characters then everyone would just be a master gatherer a master refiner a master weapon and armor smith. Etc. Would just ruin what little economy the game has
So in other words, if everyone is already self sufficient, adding more characters has no issues and just makes the game more fun when people can actually play different combat roles that they want to play. Why ruin gameplay for a economy thats already bad? Most people are in a guild and dont just buy broker trash anyway.

The other issue is alts on the same account lead to more spy characters. Strictly created just to dump in other guilds to spy on them creating more meta game issues again. More trouble then it is worth.

Oh I know, but people can just buy a second account!!!!! Yeah they could, but.... This is money for SV, you are now paying for a second account, and when subscriptions start, a second subscription. Sure you could use it for spying, but again, you are paying real money for it.
Like all of these issues can be easily fixed just by properly implementing multi character slots. Make them share name, guild, murder count, standing, etc.

And SV doesnt need more money from people multi subbing. They need to make more people want to keep playing so they dont unsub.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
So in other words, if everyone is already self sufficient, adding more characters has no issues and just makes the game more fun when people can actually play different combat roles that they want to play. Why ruin gameplay for a economy thats already bad? Most people are in a guild and dont just buy broker trash anyway.

Like all of these issues can be easily fixed just by properly implementing multi character slots. Make them share name, guild, murder count, standing, etc.

And SV doesnt need more money from people multi subbing. They need to make more people want to keep playing so they dont unsub.

No it just ruins the mmo part. I said people are 80% self sufficient. Don't want them being 100% self sufficient. It's already boring enough that people can make 90% of their own armor and weapons

Reactions: Tloluvin

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
No it just ruins the mmo part. I said people are 80% self sufficient. Don't want them being 100% self sufficient. It's already boring enough that people can make 90% of their own armor and weapons
I'm 100% self sufficient. I have three accounts. I know a ton of other people who have at least 2 accounts. Its ridiculous that we like this game so much we spent another $40 just to play another build.

We went from having 4 characters in MO1 to having 1.

I get the whole fantasy of having one character per account...it seems cool and all that. Truth is, its just making SV more money. They know what they are doing. Its a business decision.

They could tie profession points to your account and allow us another combat character.

Reactions: Maladore

Kryptix

Mar 22, 2022
Australia
The game really doesn't. I share the same view as that of ArcaneConsular and Hodo.

I'd much rather a system where master crafters are far and few between, and relied upon, instead of every person being able to provide themselves with 100% everything with 3242 alts.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
i'm ok with multiple character ; but starting from the second one , no crafting skill tree , happy pvp , happy economy

Sertorius

Mar 22, 2022
Please no second slot! I can't wait to see players knocking people out with their alt char really hard, then relogging to their first char, then relaxing and taking their other char out of the line of fire. Just don't take responsibility for his actions
If you want to use such mechanics, you should get a second account. SV earns more money with the 1 char account solution

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I'm 100% self sufficient. I have three accounts. I know a ton of other people who have at least 2 accounts. Its ridiculous that we like this game so much we spent another $40 just to play another build.

We went from having 4 characters in MO1 to having 1.

I get the whole fantasy of having one character per account...it seems cool and all that. Truth is, its just making SV more money. They know what they are doing. Its a business decision.

They could tie profession points to your account and allow us another combat character.

Just because you and some others are willing to pay more to bend the rules doesn't mean everyone should be able to

Maladore

Jan 26, 2022
I'm almost finished my main combat/crafting I want to try different builds but I'm not deleting my character. Making new steam account and buying the game again isn't really worth the effort and when subscription starts I won't pay for 2 accounts. Also when sub starts paying for 1 character slot seems terrible idea
Agreed!!!!

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Just because you and some others are willing to pay more to bend the rules doesn't mean everyone should be able to
I can guarantee most(85%+) of veterans have multiple accounts. A decent portion of newer players also have multiple accounts, I hear them talking about their alts a lot. At the end of the day, vets with multiple accounts is what kept SV and MO1 alive for so long, with the sub money - It'll be what keeps MO2 alive too(Need 8000 subs monthly according to Henrik).

Multiple accounts isn't against any rule, or they would enforce 1 account log in per day or something, like they did for F2P accounts for MO1. There's no rule bending what so ever. All SV has to do is allow another character slot for $40(price of a new account) and nothing really changes, other than having 2 chars on 1 account, instead of 1 on 2 separate accounts - But SV most likely won't do this, because in the long run it'll end in less profit. Two $40 accounts being subbed a month for $15($30 total) each, is better than one account costing $80(For 2 chars) being subbed every month for $15.

The one char, one identity where your actions mean something, is a pipe dream. A way to make things work for multiple chars on one account, would be to make both Chars share the same last name and as well share rep.

Mortal Online is about exploration and experimentation in terms of mechanics, crafting, PvP and builds. 1 char restrictions sound good on paper, but the novelty wore off quick and in the real world, it just bores players due to limitations and linearity.

Reactions: Maladore

Vaith

May 28, 2020
I think they are still getting some good sales on new accounts, but later when that has dwindled down then they will start selling a additional character slot.

Reactions: Tzone

Kmanzor

Dec 11, 2021
Regarding the desire to try different playstyles and the concern around not being able to do so on one account with one character slot especially as more content and options become available down the road, I've pondered the idea of tertiary skills as a possible solution for SV. here's how it "might" work:

Today we have limited primaries....with secondary's limited only by the fact they need to fit within spent primary points. The issue today (I think) is as more options and content come out they would be primary skills thus forcing people interested in trying it out to respec in a single character system. But tertiary skills if included exactly like secondary's EXCEPT they too are limited in quantity available to invest, I believe would enable greater future flexibility.

I'll admit a tertiary system sounds complicated but I suppose what I'm proposing in effect is a way of adding more primaries without increasing access to existing primary skills. The simple solution to future character expansion is to simply increase the number of primary points to spend, but this is likely in my opinion to make possible combinations that are purposely made impossible today. Creating a "special" primary allotment to be applied to future skills i.e. tertiary's might solve the dilemma. You'd effectively be able to adjust your build as new content is released adjacent to your over all playstyle by tailoring which tertiary's you skill up and because they are "limited" like primaries....you'd be unable to master everything ever to be released in a given category simultaneously.

Thoughts?
Kman