We knew it from the beginning

Was the launch failure avoidable?

• Total voters

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
To add my two cents to this as well, people keep spreading false information that SV knew this was going to be an issue an that the game is a scam. I have to just lol why would a company intentionally sabotage their own product, an if it a scam why is SV willingly temporarily disabling the subscription time until they fix the login issue?

Ya it sucks not being able to play, but really what is SV doing that bad exactly? They acknowledged the issue, was that wrong why? They've been spending 12-15 hours a day for 6 days trying to fix it, was that wrong why? They even disabled the subscription timers until the issue is resolved, was that wrong why?

People are overreacting here, but let me tell some of you people that are overreacting the solution to your you problem. Stop baby raging at SV an spreading misinformation, accept that shit doesn't go as plan, realize that SV is doing what they can to revolve the issue an is losing both money an sleep doing it. An finally just play something else until the issue is solved, last I checked your not required to play MO2 ever waking second.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
To add my two cents to this as well, people keep spreading false information that SV knew this was going to be an issue an that the game is a scam. I have to just lol why would a company intentionally sabotage their own product, an if it a scam why is SV willingly temporarily disabling the subscription time until they fix the login issue?

Ya it sucks not being able to play, but really what is SV doing that bad exactly? They acknowledged the issue, was that wrong why? They've been spending 12-15 hours a day for 6 days trying to fix it, was that wrong why? They even disabled the subscription timers until the issue is resolved, was that wrong why?

People are overreacting here, but let me tell some of you people that are overreacting the solution to your you problem. Stop baby raging at SV an spreading misinformation, accept that shit doesn't go as plan, realize that SV is doing what they can to revolve the issue an is losing both money an sleep doing it. An finally just play something else until the issue is solved, last I checked your not required to play MO2 ever waking second.

People just reactionary, thoughtless, and entitled as fuck. Sad really. Buy an mmo game on launch, can't get in, act surprised, negative review bomb. It's like the game loop of life for some people.

Reactions: Vulpin

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I liked the idea of making Sarduca a NA continent and letting people go back and forth. Who knows. I think single shard worlds are more interesting and alive. It's a tough call for the devs. I think it'll pan out, they'll solve the login issues and the servers will be stable. New world had a rough start too, that was a proper shitshow, and they had one of the world's largest companies to back them up.
If they released Sarduca it would be a slap in the face of NA players. Its a mounted only continent so ping wouldnt even matter over there. But if Henrik really wanted his idea of a single server to work, he should have released the game with AT LEAST 2 continents for EU and NA which hold the biggest playerbase, and the other continent should support all variety of playstyles like Myrland instead of only 1.

Now I doubt he has time to work on another continent, the most sensible thing would be to just spin up a copy of Myrland as a NA server IF he wants to salvage this wreck of a launch. But he rather lose most of the new players than let his ego take a hit

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If they released Sarduca it would be a slap in the face of NA players. Its a mounted only continent so ping wouldnt even matter over there. But if Henrik really wanted his idea of a single server to work, he should have released the game with AT LEAST 2 continents for EU and NA which hold the biggest playerbase, and the other continent should support all variety of playstyles like Myrland instead of only 1.

Now I doubt he has time to work on another continent, the most sensible thing would be to just spin up a copy of Myrland as a NA server IF he wants to salvage this wreck of a launch. But he rather lose most of the new players than let his ego take a hit
Yeah no one wants sarducca, not even the AUS players would take it.

I have no clue why they would work on sarducca first, the worse and most hated map on MO1 that was only used for MA PvE.

I take making Sarducca the NA server as a personal insult to every NA player. Just let the EUs have it.

All I want is herbralter for NA players.

@Henrik Nyström Please do not give us Sarducca as a NA server. We dont want it, we will wait for a better map even if it takes a year.

Reactions: ElPerro

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
I liked the idea of making Sarduca a NA continent and letting people go back and forth. Who knows. I think single shard worlds are more interesting and alive. It's a tough call for the devs. I think it'll pan out, they'll solve the login issues and the servers will be stable. New world had a rough start too, that was a proper shitshow, and they had one of the world's largest companies to back them up.

I know you're trying to compare a large company to a small one and say "Look! Even the best backed company had issues!" but the fact of the matter is, MO had a community telling it religiously day and night the problems the game was going to have from the VERY beginning. It didn't help that the same people who never hopped off their dick since MO1 kept riding it into MO2 and saying it's fine the way it is, and "if you dont like it uh well go play something else!1!!"

The game was expected to have a large influx of players at launch, and it is the fault of SV for not preparing properly and expecting people to do something. This is why I can't stand how closed off SV is with their testing and changes to the game. It's like the test it in-house then wonder why it doesn't work outside of it on the live server. Oh, I don't know, maybe because everyone is playing across the globe and using different hardware and will have their own unique issues? We as players also think outside of the box that is SV's scope.

It was the 25 I was angry because i coudnt play, some days as gone and now I m feeling better, I do some irl work, some gardening, ecc . Just wait , in relax, the next patch. Do the same guys, some distractions and you'll back to the game at full charged ! 😁

I didn't make this thread for this weird positive reinforcement crap. I'm not interested in someone telling me to go do something else and to 'come back full charged'! I want actual contributions to the conversation on why you think the launch failed, or didn't - plain and simple.

I think the problem was that their solution to their problem of handling a high number of players was creating instanced PvE servers.

Instead of facing the real problem that the Myrland server cannot handle a high population well they created a work around that goes against the original design of Mortal online. I´m sure that it was easier to do it this way but now we see the obvious problems that arise from this.

The solution is to soft force players into playing Haven instead of the real game and "adding content" to it. Which neatly is exactly what I predicted happening in the first place.

It all goes back to SVs inability to make the game they want to make. Henrik should have tried to get competent people from the start instead of sticking with a team that oversaw the slow death of the first game.

Would a NA server have solved their problem? Maybe. Then I think they should have started with 2 continents that are each smaller. I´m sure there enough assets on the UE4 store to fill up Sarducca.

Honestly if we had another continent, we could of potentially avoided the situation (or had an NA server). I also agree, I feel like Haven this time around actually set up so many false expectations and lead to the quick demise of the official launch.

Now they've set up all these arbitrary barriers because people know a lot of the tutorial is just pointless and doesn't really demonstrate the spirit of MO. Some of it is useful, but I preferred the original Haven. I also know you're not a fan of the idea of Haven or tutorials in general, but in the modern day you need some guidance. Maybe in your mind starting with a booklet of some sort with the information would be ideal.. or nothing at all.

Why would you ever tell these game devs not to try and build their vision or be unique? These are the attributes of what makes MO have the great potential that it does....it isn't like anything else out there and that's why people are so hungry for it. These are some of the only devs willing to take the risk of making a game like Mortal.

Granted they haven't been able to deliver on it 100% as of yet, but if you want to play a watered down generic version of it, those games already exist....go play those and stop wasting your time on something that isn't to your interests anyways.

Go shill on the Discord. I hate these stupid straw man arguments where all the other person has to say is "go play something else". How about stop being ignorant and trying to paint the game as some grandiose undertaking, and trying to take away from my points. You'd be stupid for denying that the facts & feedback had been spelled out early on for SV to learn from including the prior problems of MO1.

But knowing you, you'll just come back to thread to argue something based off of feelings rather then presenting something we can debate right? Who knows prove me wrong.

Holy shit. A reasonable person on this thread. That's amazing. I was losing faith in humanity reading through these bots.

Sard being an NA server wouldn't do anything. All it would do is make some of the members of the community extremely jaded towards SV. Want to know why? What if you want to live on Myrland and you don't live in the EU? You're now still right where you are, but oh you can go to Sard now even though you absolutely hate the continent and what it has to offer. Imagine going to play on a continent you don't even like just so you can have a decent experience from a latency PoV. Honestly laughable.

We're bots? Yeah okay. Go back to sitting in the queue man.

Are you just.. not reading my original post? I only linked two threads which noted problems months before launch, but I can guarantee you with 100% certainty if you browse these forums, the Discord, or any other avenue including people who were on Twitch, YouTube, and other MMO / Game websites & forums you'll see people were saying they should delay, take time to develop what they had still, and to approach the single server solution (or at least the in-game land space) issue and solve it instead of sticking to what MO1 did.

People bought the game if you didn't forget by the way, which ended up landing people in endless queues or problems preventing them from playing. Guess it's the consumers fault for not having a smooth launch, right? Yeah just fuck the money they paid.

Get off your stupid soap box as if you're looking down on others while you're some saint for 'not being upset' because you put money into something that was a half-baked product with plenty of feedback that was never taken seriously and has now essentially been failing from release because of such.

I don't know why it's so hard to get through certain peoples heads that it doesn't matter if I can go play something different or not, I just wont touch the game. Period. Because all it spells out is "Hey we're the Star Vault of 2010, we didn't learn a god damn thing!". The only thing I can give them any credit for is having a boom in players and the servers which are stable. But beyond that, this has been a flop haha.

You know that one person in your life who always messes up, says they'll do better next time, but you know they don't mean it and just keep fucking up regardless of the consequences it causes them or others? That's Star Vault. People are saying we'll get through these issues, and then it'll be all rainbows and sunshine. What happens when the next big issue happens? Just another two week stall of content & development to fix another oversight. I can see it now. Someones keep gets blown up in one hit, a serious dupe is found, peoples characters lose all their skills and they can't be returned back, etc. etc.

People just reactionary, thoughtless, and entitled as fuck. Sad really. Buy an mmo game on launch, can't get in, act surprised, negative review bomb. It's like the game loop of life for some people.

I guess the game loop for you is riding the dicks of failed games?

Krelian

Jan 30, 2022
I expected problems going in as well, gotta admit it kinda sucks to not be able to login a week later, especially while a portion of people can login and play just fine, keeps already taken, gold already farmed....feels like the game has already been beaten and I haven't even played.

Reactions: Tzone

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
I expected problems going in as well, gotta admit it kinda sucks to not be able to login a week later, especially while a portion of people can login and play just fine, keeps already taken, gold already farmed....feels like the game has already been beaten and I haven't even played.

Realistically, if the game worked, you could just catch up to people regardless of how far you think they are ahead of you. I mean if you expect to outpace massive guilds with hundreds of members then you're setting expectations for yourself way to high.

I feel bad for you.

Too bad that the game is good but suffocated with stupid design choices.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Farmer Joe was surprised when I mentioned a couple of months back that indie games now get 75k week one active players. Farmer Joe is bound to a desk by chains to code so I cant blame him but Im using that to show how much they short sighted how many people they would have. But again some people that have not experience recent indie gaming sphere kept begging for advertisements.

Release and lunch should go smoothly, they had no trash publisher making them release like this. They had no suite telling them to release like this.
People just dont understand that this is not a niche game, the mmo market is huge now.

Telling people to go wait for it to work or go play something else is disgusting and only hurts every other consumer. You are pathetic if you think a launch like this is ok or excusable.

Henrik held off us testing the released build to protect secrets which doesnt matter because its a very low RNG chance that you even get into the game.

Reactions: Krelian

Krelian

Jan 30, 2022
Realistically, if the game worked, you could just catch up to people regardless of how far you think they are ahead of you. I mean if you expect to outpace massive guilds with hundreds of members then you're setting expectations for yourself way to high.

I feel bad for you.

Too bad that the game is good but suffocated with stupid design choices.

I never said I expected to outpace big guilds/zergs but I have played MO1 and know what I'm doing. All I wanted was an even playing field.

Also don't feel bad for me I'm doing well just chillen at work.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
OP might be pretty blunt about the stuff he's saying, but it's honestly the truth.

I love Mortal, have for a very long time. But it's just sad that they ignored the community so heavily.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
OP might be pretty blunt about the stuff he's saying, but it's honestly the truth.

I love Mortal, have for a very long time. But it's just sad that they ignored the community so heavily.
Hurts more because you actually care for the game and had some hope for it to work out.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Hurts more because you actually care for the game and had some hope for it to work out.

I know right? I mean I'm still going to play but it's just so disheartening to see this build up over two or so years since they announced it, and all those delays ended up doing nothing for them but landing them right where they are.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I know you're trying to compare a large company to a small one and say "Look! Even the best backed company had issues!" but the fact of the matter is, MO had a community telling it religiously day and night the problems the game was going to have from the VERY beginning. It didn't help that the same people who never hopped off their dick since MO1 kept riding it into MO2 and saying it's fine the way it is, and "if you dont like it uh well go play something else!1!!"

The game was expected to have a large influx of players at launch, and it is the fault of SV for not preparing properly and expecting people to do something. This is why I can't stand how closed off SV is with their testing and changes to the game. It's like the test it in-house then wonder why it doesn't work outside of it on the live server. Oh, I don't know, maybe because everyone is playing across the globe and using different hardware and will have their own unique issues? We as players also think outside of the box that is SV's scope.

I didn't make this thread for this weird positive reinforcement crap. I'm not interested in someone telling me to go do something else and to 'come back full charged'! I want actual contributions to the conversation on why you think the launch failed, or didn't - plain and simple.

Honestly if we had another continent, we could of potentially avoided the situation (or had an NA server). I also agree, I feel like Haven this time around actually set up so many false expectations and lead to the quick demise of the official launch.

Now they've set up all these arbitrary barriers because people know a lot of the tutorial is just pointless and doesn't really demonstrate the spirit of MO. Some of it is useful, but I preferred the original Haven. I also know you're not a fan of the idea of Haven or tutorials in general, but in the modern day you need some guidance. Maybe in your mind starting with a booklet of some sort with the information would be ideal.. or nothing at all.

Go shill on the Discord. I hate these stupid straw man arguments where all the other person has to say is "go play something else". How about stop being ignorant and trying to paint the game as some grandiose undertaking, and trying to take away from my points. You'd be stupid for denying that the facts & feedback had been spelled out early on for SV to learn from including the prior problems of MO1.

But knowing you, you'll just come back to thread to argue something based off of feelings rather then presenting something we can debate right? Who knows prove me wrong.

Sard being an NA server wouldn't do anything. All it would do is make some of the members of the community extremely jaded towards SV. Want to know why? What if you want to live on Myrland and you don't live in the EU? You're now still right where you are, but oh you can go to Sard now even though you absolutely hate the continent and what it has to offer. Imagine going to play on a continent you don't even like just so you can have a decent experience from a latency PoV. Honestly laughable.

We're bots? Yeah okay. Go back to sitting in the queue man.

Are you just.. not reading my original post? I only linked two threads which noted problems months before launch, but I can guarantee you with 100% certainty if you browse these forums, the Discord, or any other avenue including people who were on Twitch, YouTube, and other MMO / Game websites & forums you'll see people were saying they should delay, take time to develop what they had still, and to approach the single server solution (or at least the in-game land space) issue and solve it instead of sticking to what MO1 did.

People bought the game if you didn't forget by the way, which ended up landing people in endless queues or problems preventing them from playing. Guess it's the consumers fault for not having a smooth launch, right? Yeah just fuck the money they paid.

Get off your stupid soap box as if you're looking down on others while you're some saint for 'not being upset' because you put money into something that was a half-baked product with plenty of feedback that was never taken seriously and has now essentially been failing from release because of such.

I don't know why it's so hard to get through certain peoples heads that it doesn't matter if I can go play something different or not, I just wont touch the game. Period. Because all it spells out is "Hey we're the Star Vault of 2010, we didn't learn a god damn thing!". The only thing I can give them any credit for is having a boom in players and the servers which are stable. But beyond that, this has been a flop haha.

You know that one person in your life who always messes up, says they'll do better next time, but you know they don't mean it and just keep fucking up regardless of the consequences it causes them or others? That's Star Vault. People are saying we'll get through these issues, and then it'll be all rainbows and sunshine. What happens when the next big issue happens? Just another two week stall of content & development to fix another oversight. I can see it now. Someones keep gets blown up in one hit, a serious dupe is found, peoples characters lose all their skills and they can't be returned back, etc. etc.

I guess the game loop for you is riding the dicks of failed games?
Damn baby, take a break from the Q and go eat a Snickers.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Are you just.. not reading my original post?
No I didn't read your original post, but if you used your brain an paid attention what I posted clearly doesn't related to what you posted. So how about this realize what going on around you before making an ass out of your self. World don't revolve around you guy get off your high horse an realize your not specially.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Damn baby, take a break from the Q and go eat a Snickers.

It's really pathetic when you let yourself be so easily read online. Doesn't help that you tried to make a point previously but now cant, big shocker.

No I didn't read your original post, but if you used your brain an paid attention what I posted clearly doesn't related to what you posted. So how about this realize what going on around you before making an ass out of your self. World don't revolve around you guy get off your high horse an realize your not specially.

Doesn't read the original post but carries on to insult my intelligence. IRONIC.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im going just say that you dug a whole for your self and it looks like you are just raging. Looks like you have just made a ass out of your self by trying to say back yard dude was making a ass of him self. After mentioning that you didnt read any of his post. just doesnt look good now for you.

Im could be bias towards his side but Im being as unbiased as possible saying the before mentioned.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Yeah I don't really understand why you're even participating in the thread if you aren't even discussing what the original poster set out to talk about, or at least read what he said. It's a shame how he shows more passion venting and pointing out flaws then the players who are just replying back with seriously cringe slapstick humor and attempting to just bait someone into a shit-slinging match.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I just realized this is the same guy from the thread I made about people complaining about AFK players & Macroing.

That didn't take long to contradict, did it? @Vulpin

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Doesn't read the original post but carries on to insult my intelligence. IRONIC.
If you don't like people posting on a public forums than stop posting on public forums, very simple. An I insulted nothing, your just trying to conquer some BS to justify your own shitty actions. Or are you just so soft skin that all it takes to irritate you an feel insulted is someone just posting something you don't agree with? If that the case than again, if you don't like people posting on a public forums than stop posting on public forums, very simple.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If you don't like people posting on a public forums than stop posting on public forums, very simple. An I insulted nothing, your just trying to conquer some BS to justify your own shitty actions. Or are you just so soft skin that all it takes to irritate you an feel insulted is someone just posting something you don't agree with? If that the case than again, if you don't like people posting on a public forums than stop posting on public forums, very simple.
you seemed pretty insulting to me. If you didnt come to this thread to discuss the OPs points then why come to it in the first place. If you dont like the thread maybe go to another thread instead. No need to be so toxic about a thread that you dont even read (according to you).