Was the Nave map official?

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
Nave.jpg

Just curious...
also i just realized there's not a "commoners questions and answers" section of the forums? wtf.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
not sure what you exactly mean by 'official' but it was produced by SV at one point yes. gives a general idea of how the continents are laid out but clearly when put into the game, its a vastly better use of space to have the maps be generically 'square' so they've done that with myrland (and also sarducaa in mo1).
it was an early map and while it may not be currently 'cannon', it does give the general layout of the world

-barcode

Reactions: Amadman and Jybwee

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
it was produced by SV at one point
Before the first game even started, this map or a version of it was around, and it was said-- by Star Vault-- to be 'not the way the world (was)' even then. It was not how the world looked in MO1. It has maybe the same relation to the map of Nave in MO2 as this map of Pangaea

800px-Pangaea_200Ma.jpg

has to the Earth of the present day. It gives a nice sense, though, of Nave as a very rapidly changing planet.
it does give the general layout of the world
True. East is still east, West is still west, and the planet rotates clockwise (deosil) instead of counter-clockwise (widdershins) as viewed with North upright, the oppostie of Earth.
also i just realized there's not a "commoners questions and answers" section of the forums? wtf.
I don't know what Star Vault is thinking with regard to that omission, and others.