Warning to new players:

Shinobi

Aug 31, 2022
I agree with the skills debate. Splitting points up into multiple skill lines is very tedious and makes no sense other than to waste skill points so you don't have enough to do EVERYTHING you want skill points for.

Personally all I wanted for my character was:
Sword/Armor crafting
Maximum damage in swords
PvP Efficiency
Archery/Mounted Archery

I've already used up all my skill points so I can't do the minimal things I want my character to do without making a new account and there's no way I'm paying for a second account on an unfinished game, let alone a subscription in future.
Skills need to be reworked so at the very least we can be PvP efficient with one weapon and a bow and to craft our own weapons and armor.
God forbid I want to tame my own horse or farm turtles for reptile carapace - NOPE, need points in taming and fishing for that. Get f-ed

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
what you can expect to find here is a forewarning so that you don't waste tens or hundreds of hours of your time coming to the same conclusion

Tens or hundreds...

*Cries in thousands*

Serious question though. How did you manage to miss all the forewarnings?

Revenant11

Sep 22, 2022
guys please stop responding to this thread expecting to get a response, I quit playing this game weeks ago.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I agree with the skills debate. Splitting points up into multiple skill lines is very tedious and makes no sense other than to waste skill points so you don't have enough to do EVERYTHING you want skill points for.

Sword/Armor crafting
Maximum damage in swords
PvP Efficiency
Archery/Mounted Archery

I've already used up all my skill points so I can't do the minimal things I want my character to do without making a new account and there's no way I'm paying for a second account on an unfinished game, let alone a subscription in future.
Skills need to be reworked so at the very least we can be PvP efficient with one weapon and a bow and to craft our own weapons and armor.
God forbid I want to tame my own horse or farm turtles for reptile carapace - NOPE, need points in taming and fishing for that. Get f-ed
You can squeeze that in there. Just fyi.

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
I simply cannot understand your frustrations.

A perfect game will never exist. I have been playing this type of game for a while Ultima Online, Eve Online, Albion... All of them went through the exact same problems this game is going through. Albion even had a very bad launch with long queues and many bugs.

You go into the forums of those games and you only see people crying about the unbalanced combat,about the broken economy, about the uselessness of professions, about resources being more valuable than crafted materials.

I'd say every single game of this type suffer the same problems. It is not about the devs listening to streamers or noobs, it is simply that no one have been able to come with a solution to solve these problems because of the complexity of the problems.

Playing a game should be simple. You pay, then if you play it for a hundred hours then that's it,you just got your money's worth. Move on to something else, no need to cry like a drama queen for something you were not able to achieve.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Playing a game should be simple. You pay, then if you play it for a hundred hours then that's it,you just got your money's worth. Move on to something else, no need to cry like a drama queen for something you were not able to achieve.

Essentially disagree.

You are paying for the ability to contribute and interact. If, in the end, your contributions or interactions are very sour, you could play the game, still play the game, even, and dislike it immensely. It does have good parts. It is a very complicated game, even tho it's 50% jank. Give SV credit for their toolz, but their mistake I think is making new dungeons instead of adding more flavor. Imagine if they added tailor gear and it could have some pretty decent stats w/ the right mats, so people could run around dressed up as nobles or jesters or kings or whatever. Stuff like that shoots the 'immersion factor' way up, but I feel like SV has not made any of these changes except props for PoIs, we LUV DAT.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Sword/Armor crafting
Maximum damage in swords
PvP Efficiency
Archery/Mounted Archery

Are you saying you cant craft swords and armor, use swords at max skill and have mounted archery?

Hmm...Odd...

Because I have a Thursar that crafts plate armor out of steel, makes axes, and horse armor, and can tame his own horses, has Mounted Combat and has max axe skill, and wears up to 24kg of armor, has vet, and endurance. So I KNOW you can easily fit Mounted Archery in a build.

The only thing my Thursar cant do is craft his own steel or use a butcher table. But if I am out farming bandits, Risars, Sators, or Turtles I dont need to bother with a butcher table I can just field butcher and put that in the bags. Sure its not as efficient but they are so abundant I can easily fill a horse with high value materials. Sell it on the broker or to a vendor and have enough gold to supply myself with whatever material I want to use for my weapons and armor.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
The first time I began to doubt the game was the very first day I played it when I was blinded by the oversaturation and darkness and thought that this game would give me headaches or worse. A day or two later after having been ganked at least 10 times in and around Meduli especially by players from large guilds or in groups and with noticeably better weapons than what I was wielding it occurred to me that I may not play through the leveling process even if the game was balanced more fairly later on.

I left Meduli and began mining calx in Fabernum

Oh man. You picked the worst spots to try to exist. Fab is basically early 2000's Iraq, and Meduli is the most populated place in the game. Pretty much everyone in either of those places are all trying to kill one another. That's why Koto only runs around in groups of 20, and Fab has it's own militia.

EDIT: Too many people on here exist with only a debate lord mentality, so taking this to the community forums is a good idea, but it is going to garner much negative attention from the psychotic player-base. Glad you came and let the devs and community know your issues with it though. Nothing will change if the loud people on here have all of the say. I agree with a lot of your sentiments, and also some of the commenters. Some things need to change and a lot of stuff needs to be implemented. Also, not bashing the psychopaths. You kind of need to be some type of mentally unstable to play these types of games. I am also likely clinically insane. I absolutely love the game, but as someone mentioned previously, it is like 50-70% jank. Hope you'll come back a year or two from now. Hopefully by then we have more stuff to do, and content to find/make, places to explore, wars to be fought, meaningful gameplay stuff to fight for.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Oh man. You picked the worst spots to try to exist. Fab is basically early 2000's Iraq, and Meduli is the most populated place in the game. Pretty much everyone in either of those places are all trying to kill one another. That's why Koto only runs around in groups of 20, and Fab has it's own militia.

EDIT: Too many people on here exist with only a debate lord mentality, so taking this to the community forums is a good idea, but it is going to garner much negative attention from the psychotic player-base. Glad you came and let the devs and community know your issues with it though. Nothing will change if the loud people on here have all of the say. I agree with a lot of your sentiments, and also some of the commenters. Some things need to change and a lot of stuff needs to be implemented. Also, not bashing the psychopaths. You kind of need to be some type of mentally unstable to play these types of games. I am also likely clinically insane. I absolutely love the game, but as someone mentioned previously, it is like 50-70% jank. Hope you'll come back a year or two from now. Hopefully by then we have more stuff to do, and content to find/make, places to explore, wars to be fought, meaningful gameplay stuff to fight for.

Nah Fab isnt that bad... its more like Detroit.

• Haha
Reactions: Jatix

Kaden

Feb 3, 2022
Being camped outside of walls happens in every PVP type game and camping people, which is weak as hell, This has happen for years. Guild or not.. This is part of a design flaw, for new players, they should have an area that gets people going.. yes its a hard core PVP game, I played and developed them since the 90's, so I understand that more than most..... BUT these PVP games, which I love, are flawed, new players, want to learn, there is nothing hard core about spawning kill a brand new player.... This is why I would of added a new player area, for people get to started and learn the game.......

MO should do this and sure the vets will whine, I played MO1 from beta and on and off since... .. SO I understand how it works but most people I know all hated this game due to how they could never play the game casually as they have a job, like most adults and would like to play but are not able due to someone, thinking there cool to kill a naked, or a newbie.. Sorry but I played and ran enough guilds that if I seen my own guild member doing that, I kill him and kick him from my guild back in the day.... its weak... and takes no skill. Your just being a dick when you do that...
bingo.....this is what I would sign...
A bunch of experienced players will say that it's HC PvP and if you can't do it, you shouldn't play it...but this EGO character doesn't realize that I was born from it and didn't play MO1 and a lot of the mechanics are the same or similar.
As a bonus, you need to attack in 3-5 people on one..... awesome skill...wow :D

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
bingo.....this is what I would sign...
A bunch of experienced players will say that it's HC PvP and if you can't do it, you shouldn't play it...but this EGO character doesn't realize that I was born from it and didn't play MO1 and a lot of the mechanics are the same or similar.
As a bonus, you need to attack in 3-5 people on one..... awesome skill...wow :D
I feel like you guys forgot haven exists. I remember getting ganked constantly for razorback loot in mo1. And i gank and get ganked constantly playing solo. It is a major part of the game. But there’s nothing else id rather play. It feels like a real living world.

Reactions: CherryKush

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
I feel like you guys forgot haven exists.

Right?!?!? What they really want to say and are side stepping is "We want to progress and accumulate resources and gold in the real world under the safety of no PVP"

Kaden

Feb 3, 2022
I feel like you guys forgot haven exists. I remember getting ganked constantly for razorback loot in mo1. And i gank and get ganked constantly playing solo. It is a major part of the game. But there’s nothing else id rather play. It feels like a real living world.
now I don't know what you mean by the name real world, because in the real world you bear the consequences for hurting people.
Maybe a good attack would be in zones like albion....Do you want better raw materials and equipment? would you have to go to the green zone, the red zone or the most dangerous black..... Will you be killed, for example, at the medulla? Then you will be an outlaw and you will have to move to another region with a city... etc...
It's a tough time for MMOs, and if new players see that a player with experience has know-how and doesn't get any consequences for their actions, they'd rather turn it off and start playing something else.
I still don't understand a bit about players who kill newbies (haha funny)... I would probably understand such behavior when I was 13, but now? As an example, I'll digress a bit in another type of game, but... When I play dota and the game is relatively balanced and we still lose in the final, we have a great feeling about the game....

Then I see that the game is in a brutally delayed release of content, so maybe in a few years it will be HYPE and it will start to be played in a big way.

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
now I don't know what you mean by the name real world, because in the real world you bear the consequences for hurting people.
Maybe a good attack would be in zones like albion....Do you want better raw materials and equipment? would you have to go to the green zone, the red zone or the most dangerous black..... Will you be killed, for example, at the medulla? Then you will be an outlaw and you will have to move to another region with a city... etc...
It's a tough time for MMOs, and if new players see that a player with experience has know-how and doesn't get any consequences for their actions, they'd rather turn it off and start playing something else.
I still don't understand a bit about players who kill newbies (haha funny)... I would probably understand such behavior when I was 13, but now? As an example, I'll digress a bit in another type of game, but... When I play dota and the game is relatively balanced and we still lose in the final, we have a great feeling about the game....

Then I see that the game is in a brutally delayed release of content, so maybe in a few years it will be HYPE and it will start to be played in a big way.

I feel like you don’t understand what the game is supposed to be..

Do you not kill the new players in dota?

I think many people in this game take a lot of time helping people learn the game. Not everyone is friendly but so what? Dying is a big part of the game i think people have a harder time with it then they should.

Apolloss

Apr 23, 2022
With all of that being said, I actually do think that this game has a great foundation and can and should be corrected. MO2 is an open world sandbox pvp mmorpg with pve elements and community. It has a great concept, but the execution is a borderline scam. Unfortunately I'm not being paid to develop the game for SV nor do I have any interest in following the progress when it is clearly so far from enjoyable so I will not be sticking around. I wish SV and those willing to stay the best of luck but would urge any newcomers to leave now until the game is patched.
I am a day 3 player and it sounds like this is more of a group based game.

For example, I'm going to join the guild which has most control and will make it easier for me to go out to gather and kill with a group in an area we control

I'm just going to follow the least path of resistance.

I'm going to buy my gear off the market and sell the raw materials instead of crafting since the mats are selling more for example.

I'm probably never going to go out alone.

I want to be the player in the group that's doing the blocking and ganking on the roads..
Honestly alot of the points you wrote actually sounds just like what I've been looking for in a game..

You sold me, I'm excited to play!

Kaden

Feb 3, 2022
I feel like you don’t understand what the game is supposed to be..

Do you not kill the new players in dota?

I think many people in this game take a lot of time helping people learn the game. Not everyone is friendly but so what? Dying is a big part of the game i think people have a harder time with it then they should.

we don't get along much and probably never will... in dota it's hard to kill your team and if you troll you can get punished for spoiling the game...
I understand what the game is supposed to be, but you probably don't understand or know the community of this game...
If the vision of the game is what I think it is, then the game will not be played by more than 1000 players in its lifetime....
sometimes i feel like people want to have a multiplayer game rather than an MMO
I don't have a problem with dying, it's about the way people behave and the consequences for such behavior... for example, killing a horse that was on a course a few months ago... or deliberately pushing a person into the water if a person was overcharged in a bank... until the game it won't be found fixed and MAINLY COMPLETED, so from my point of view there will be no point in playing it then.....maybe in time

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
we don't get along much and probably never will... in dota it's hard to kill your team and if you troll you can get punished for spoiling the game...
I understand what the game is supposed to be, but you probably don't understand or know the community of this game...
If the vision of the game is what I think it is, then the game will not be played by more than 1000 players in its lifetime....
I don't have a problem with dying, it's about the way people behave and the consequences for such behavior... for example, killing a horse that was on a course a few months ago... or deliberately pushing a person into the water if a person was overcharged in a bank... until the game it won't be found fixed and MAINLY COMPLETED, so from my point of view there will be no point in playing it then.....maybe in time

Part of finding enjoyment in these kinds of games is just accepting that there are 30 year olds out there with the mentality of 13 year olds, who also love the game and will just sit at the gates of a city waiting for nakeds to come out. They gotta get their serotonin somehow, and the small amount they get from killing defenseless/mostly defenseless players that have no worthwhile loot is enough to carry them through. Best advice I can give is to join one of the groups that regularly shits on them.

Reactions: Kaden

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The thing about MO2 is that it is a sandbox, and that means people are given the freedom to pvp using numerous, unconventional ways. This is where some players will be turned off, as they are expecting pvp to only occur through A, B or C ways. Anything else will seem to them to be griefing, trolling or anti-social behaviour, because the other player played with the sand in a way that they weren't expecting and can't control.

But in a sandbox game, pvp can be achieved through A, B, C, D, E, F and all the way to X, Y and Z. Then AA, AB, AC and so on all the way to AZ. Then BA, BB, BC to BZ and ad nauseum. It's not just about pvp, it's creativity, ingenuity and in a way it's how the real world works whether it be in business, human politics or war.

But I can understand that not everyone will want to play a game like this, and that is totally fine.