WAR Debuff and Player Interaction

Tiddly

Mar 31, 2021
Ended up experiencing the War system last night and how it interacted in town. I found the experience broken and overall a bad interpretation of how Guilds fight each other in and around towns.

These two are the worst issues I've seen so far are as follows..
-Looting. If you were to die, the enemy guild could loot your valuables, however, you cannot loot it back because you'd suffer the War Debuff. An enemy guildmate can loot their guildmate's corpse (along with your stolen valuables) without any repercussions. Essentially allowing for players to steal loot without any impacting side-effect, including punish people for trying to take their equipment back.

-Allies cannot fully participate in a war, they're required either to go locally grey or go criminal to participate, one of these only being manageable if you're able to perform healing. This dramatically reduces the involvement of ally participation and makes the Ally & Enemies mechanics function like two separate entities with no involvement whatsoever.

Here is the suggestions I have in mind for at least resolving one of them..
-Make it so that stolen loot from enemy bags acts like Stolen Loot. Highlighted to show that it is enemy-owned and will trigger a War Debuff if you loot it from a guildmate's bag; similar to the current Stolen Loot System. Once again, the current way the system handles this has negligible to zero downsides of risk as someone currently can steal your loot and have a guildmate loot them to ensure that it's never retrieved.

-Allies should be able to perceive your enemy guilds as at War, gaining the War Debuff similarly. The biggest problem I instantly see while suggesting this however is that allies could be also allied with the enemies' allies, which would cause a lot of confusion. That issue however shows how confusing the entire War and Ally system is already and may need to be looked at either modifying or reworking entirely.