• yes

• no

• yes but tweak the dmg value

• yes but include metals too

• yes give it a different moveset

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
lets put it this way. Wood as lost its uses in mortal online 2.... unless your making bows and shield where the game FORCES YOU to use woods because you either require it as a base or the strength requirement would be too great without it...Wood as lost its place in weapon crafting and is dominated by bones.

So i suggest War Clubs! Damage adding/calculation would come from the Wood itself

every new player would know how to craft this weapon as the club is instinctive and very evident weapon to come up with.
the rarer and harder the wood the greater the dmg would be.

weapon crafting would be simple: a main body and a handle wrap
kinda like this --------> weapon is grouped with the core material*** (obviously only woods,bones and stones are accepted into this)
1644780270829.png

the damage table would be very linear such has to not overly complicate the dmg calculation and keep it steady.
the damage difference between bones and woods would be minimal in favor of bones (extra 2-3 dmg) but the durability would be greater!
Damage added from using stones would help make stronger/heavier weapon but would help bridge the gap beetween using super rare wood vs using flakestone and jadeit.

here's how i see the dmg on clubs...wood - 15-25dmg/ bones 18-28dmg dura= x1.5 / stones 20-30 dmg [blunt]
here's and what i think dmg progression would look like for clubs

whitewood splitter club -> 15 blunt

dapplewood splitter club-> 18 blunt

brownwood splitter club-> 21 blunt

blackwood splitter club-> 23blunt

ironwood splitter club -> 26blunt
-------------------------------------------------
bonetissue splitter club -> 17 blunt

ironbone splitter club-> 19blunt

emalj splitter club -> 21 blunt

molarium splitter club -> 23 blunt

incisium splitter club -> 25 blunt

flakestone splitter club -> 22 blunt 2slash

Jadeit splitter club-> 27 blunt 3 slash

Maalit splitter club - 25 blunt 4 slash

nyx splitter club - 29 blunt 5 slash
(i gave stones a small slashing value on top as IRL a stone splitter would split the skin open even if blunt)

as you can see the dmg is very consistent and very gradual going from common to rarer materials where something like a flake stone club does 22 blunt....a flakestone spear does 32-34 pierceing. i do no believe these to be OP and i dont see them becoming part of the meta. i just see it as an easy way to gear yourself and your friend with cheap material and low skill investment

combat wise i dont see this tearing ass in pvp either. if some player gets good with them that would be cool. but with a short handle and the greatsword moveset (swing it like a baseball bat lol) i see players getting kited by spear main and outranged by greatsword users. BUT that 33% DMG BONUS thursar coming in from behind with the Jadeite club bonking someone behind the head, if he's not wearing anything good for blunt in his head, prolly for a good 30-40+ dmg

the dmg potential is there but will always be less than the meta weapons, ie longbows hitting u for 35-40 and a big messing greataxe axe and spear doinking ppl for 40-50+ through incisium armor.

im not really looking to debate my ideas or anything BUT i wanna know what you think and know how we could make this idea a reality that would work for Mortal online2's context. i seriously think the average player or solo player would profit from crafting clubs and not have to rely on having a guild to get "mid-tier" weapons

Last edited:

Senusret

Jul 11, 2020
Some might even call it a Shillelagh, which would be preferable for the right kind of wood

Last edited:
May 29, 2020
Montreal, QC
Some might even call it a Shillelagh, which would be preferable for the right kind of wood

a shillelagh is a club yes BUT a war club is not a Shillelagh, one was designed for WAR the other was designed for civilian self defense
i dont know what you are suggesting here or why you are talking about the shillelagh in the first place, i thought the post was clear that it was about WAR CLUBS