Want to donate towards MO2 with the $149 package, but need to know if there will be NA servers

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
SV has said they considering doing different servers for different continents they release in the future... this would be nice if the game was populated but Myrland is already way too big to begin with IMO. I truly think they believe there will be 10k+ people on at the same time, or at least that's their goal which seems a bit unrealistic to me honestly but we will see and obviously i'd love to be proven wrong.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Surprised nobody mentioned to the OP that Henrik has mentioned he might do an NA server as a separate continent later down the line.

But the OP's response and staunch resistance that without an NA server he's not going to play is something they had better be prepared to overcome. Just saying, "We've tested it, it's fine" is not enough. As he mentioned, they at least need a technical explanation of why it's fine.

I remember For Honor having to explain like crazy with how their peer-to-peer tech would work fine, and got ENDLESS flak for it, so they eventually just had to cave and go to dedicated servers. If you do anything other than the norm people expect, the burden of proof if on you to prove "it's fine".

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
Surprised nobody mentioned to the OP that Henrik has mentioned he might do an NA server as a separate continent later down the line.

But the OP's response and staunch resistance that without an NA server he's not going to play is something they had better be prepared to overcome. Just saying, "We've tested it, it's fine" is not enough. As he mentioned, they at least need a technical explanation of why it's fine.

I remember For Honor having to explain like crazy with how their peer-to-peer tech would work fine, and got ENDLESS flak for it, so they eventually just had to cave and go to dedicated servers. If you do anything other than the norm people expect, the burden of proof if on you to prove "it's fine".

Yep, not many people I know (from north america) want to pay a box price, and a sub fee to play a directional combat full loot mmo on a european server. I eagerly await the steam reviews...

Dominatrixx

Nov 23, 2020
Making separate regional servers for hardcore sandbox MMORPGs is a very bad idea, Darkfall Online was a great example (it was all ok before they opened NA server). I hope that MO2 devs will stick to one global server only.

Reactions: Goltarion