VOIP Issues

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
I have yet to hear anyone actually talk in game. And I have tried to talk, while holding the voice key, yet nobody has ever acknowledged hearing me (I play solo). I thought it could be a problem with my mic, however I was able to record clear voice in Audacity. I think it could have something to do with the microphone volume within MO2, as when I do a voice test in settings, the bar barely goes up (it does move but only a few mm) which means I am muffled. I have the mic selected in settings as well. As I said I am able to record my voice in other software so there is no issue with the mic or it's Windows settings. Could this be a Windows driver issue? Does anyone else have the problem of their mic volume being muffled in MO2?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Xyndius

Jan 27, 2022
Hi there! I have the same issues. Trying to make it work but with poor results :(

Hyperfool

Aug 20, 2021
I had issues with this as well, i was able to fix it by going into the settings, audio, and setting my input and output devices to something called a "Microsoft Sound Mapper". after doing this it worked. selecting my actual mic and headset as an option did not.

Mateyz

Mar 4, 2022
London
It's funny, I noticed this earlier. My friends can hear me absolutely fine on Discord but in-game people say I'm incredibly quiet. I'm going to look into this further tomorrow, if I find any fixes I'll come back.