Vadda design choices.

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
1. I havent talked about the css.

The pagination example. I typically write my own pagination code; it's not really all that hard since I'm typically doing the pagination on the server side anyway, and just using the total number of results to generate the number of links per page, per items. Web development and game development are different tho, even tho they do draw from some common ideologies.

3. Nearly everygame is a 90% asset clunk up. because thats how this gaming economy work. because why on earth should someone invest so much time and efort it somethign that is already there thats complete bullshit. Its it truly unique okay. but why should someone design a barrel the 100x time same with buildings houses, swords, and so on.

Except this isn't necessarily true, unless you're talking about out sourced art. If it was the norm, games like PUGB wouldn't of gotten shit on for using assets. Yes, games like Call of Duty might *recycle* assets from previous versions, but that's internal art they themselves created (or was out sourced, but they technically own). Games like Kingdom Hearts 3 (also made on UE4) aren't probably pulling assets off of the store and passing them off to the customer at a premium.

We're also not talking trivial things when we're talking about the asset appropriation in MO2. Trivial props like a tree, rock, barrel, etc is forgivable. An entire town, armor sets, weapons, dungeons however is another subject all together. Why do developers invest time in creating their own assets? Usually it's because they want to promote and preserve a unique art style, and again, it's a principle thing. There is nothing unique about the art styleo f MO2, and in some cases it's even disjointed (since they're using multiple asset sets from different sources). Filling your game up with 90% of store bought assets, no matter the reasoning, comes off as kinda sleazy.

Again, we're not talking about a F2P game here, or a game that's prototyping using placeholders. We're talking about a game with a box price, and a $15 dollar subscription fee on the STEAM store filled to the brim with unreal 4 store bought assets. On the surface, this looks like an asset flip.

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Games like Kingdom Hearts 3 (also made on UE4) aren't probably pulling assets off of the store and passing them off to the customer at a premium.

best example.

Yes and just for example i give a damn fuck if these assets are made themselves or bought. as long as it fits in the world and looks good.
Really noone except you give a fuck about that.

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
best example.

Yes and just for example i give a damn fuck if these assets are made themselves or bought. as long as it fits in the world and looks good.
Really noone except you give a fuck about that.

Except there's 3 or 4 other people in this thread alone that have spoken out about the usage of assets. You think new comers are going to jump on here and talk about the assets? Those that care will look at the game, see us talking about the store bought assets, do a little research and probably pass without us even knowing.

The majority of people DO care about these things, and many won't care what the reasoning is. Even Bad, whose one of the most die hard mo veterans agrees with me.

Hell we had people trolling the video channel on the discord with the asset demo videos; hilarious.

If you don't think charging people a modest box premium with a subscription when the majority of your art wasn't made by you, but bought relatively inexpensively off of the unreal store; I don't know what to tell you. Hell, I'll doddle some shit on a kleenex and sell it to ya for a couple hundred bucks.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Except there's 3 or 4 other people in this thread alone that have spoken out about the usage of assets. You think new comers are going to jump on here and talk about the assets? Those that care will look at the game, see us talking about the store bought assets, do a little research and probably pass without us even knowing.

The majority of people DO care about these things, and many won't care what the reasoning is. Even Bad, whose one of the most die hard mo veterans agrees with me.

Hell we had people trolling the video channel on the discord with the asset demo videos; hilarious.
Yeah I also would like unique stuff.

But it just dont change facts you know.
YOu can write and talk and discuss so much shit you want, it will not change the fact that Money and Time is missing for star vault.

And thats the reason this is not gonna happen until they have time and money. so Disscussing this or writing here thats an asset flip dont help in any way.

We can only wait for launch and hope that they get the bugs out and the mechanics right that many people will play. otherwise we are domed before we began.

no front to you wesley, i just like disscussion please dont feel offended xD its just an ESTP thing sry.

anyway: Party Hard
FriendlyPeriodicBedbug-small.gif