Upkeep Maximum changes with Contractors

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Upkeep Maximum changes with Contractors

I have found out this is an intended mechanic. When you add contractors to your house, it adds a cost to your upkeep. Each house has a maximum money value upkeep, so when you add NPCs, your maximum hours goes down. Its to encourage that having NPCs at your house may require more activity at said location. This is by design. I apologize for the confusion this has caused today.

Reactions: Tzone

Zsofia

Feb 14, 2022
The low amount of upkeep tine is punishing to say the least. I have a 2 week vacation coming up to Hawaii. Sure my guild says they will pay it, but what if they don't? 350 hours?!?!? On a tier 3 small house 350 hours MAX upkeep is not reasonable!!!!

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022
The low amount of upkeep tine is punishing to say the least. I have a 2 week vacation coming up to Hawaii. Sure my guild says they will pay it, but what if they don't? 350 hours?!?!? On a tier 3 small house 350 hours MAX upkeep is not reasonable!!!!

If you're going to be going out of town, I would just take up the benches, stables, anything that increases the upkeep cost.

Zsofia

Feb 14, 2022
If you're going to be going out of town, I would just take up the benches, stables, anything that increases the upkeep cost.
Good idea for a workaround. Still seems excessively ridiculous as far as the limitations.

Zsofia

Feb 14, 2022
Just going to demolish that house and put up a tier 3 medium house instead.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Not being able to pay enough upkeep to take a 2 week vacation is pretty dumb. I'm assuming they did it so that when people quit their TC would go away faster.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
If you put in max upkeep and leave, the house will still be there a month later, albeit need a bit of repair. Possibly even longer if its a medium house or stronghold

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Not being able to pay enough upkeep to take a 2 week vacation is pretty dumb. I'm assuming they did it so that when people quit their TC would go away faster.
If you remove your npcs, and put them away in a chest (the deed) your upkeep will increase. Guildies can also pay it for you. This design choice is not my favorite but its a solution

Reactions: Jatix