Updates on Launch Day Issues

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
On Feb 9, 2022 at 05:27, Robmo said on the Community Announcements section on Discord:

Update on Instances

I have received a quick update on the status of the instances. They have made great progress and have the instances up and running. Right now they are in the middle of testing if the chat function and cool-down timer works as it should. If this goes well, and they do not run into any other issues, they will be able to push this to release. StarVault appreciates everyone's patience at this time.

Again, at 05:39 Robmo said:

The details will be covered tomorrow when SV has confirmed all the functions. Thank you

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I truly doubt they are going to do something like that.

me too, unfort, but it's a good idea :)

Update on Instances

I have received a quick update on the status of the instances. They have made great progress and have the instances up and running. Right now they are in the middle of testing if the chat function and cool-down timer works as it should. If this goes well, and they do not run into any other issues, they will be able to push this to release. StarVault appreciates everyone's patience at this time.

It just occurred to me that without a return to haven function or the-like, what will we do with the characters who are trapped between Myr and Haven in queues? I know they did encourage us to stay in Haven, but... ehhh. :eek: Unless you can redirect from login screen. I can only HOPE they covered that part first haha.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
It just occurred to me that without a return to haven function or the-like, what will we do with the characters who are trapped between Myr and Haven in queues? I know they did encourage us to stay in Haven, but... ehhh. :eek: Unless you can redirect from login screen. I can only HOPE they covered that part first haha.

What would be ideal (but I'm not sure they have time to implement it) would just be that you could select your server from the login screen, and it would give the the queue for each. Also they may not do it because I think they're trying to implement a cooldown for switching, which would be much easier to do just from the NPC/statue that is likely to switch you in the game.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
What would be ideal (but I'm not sure they have time to implement it) would just be that you could select your server from the login screen, and it would give the the queue for each. Also they may not do it because I think they're trying to implement a cooldown for switching, which would be much easier to do just from the NPC/statue that is likely to switch you in the game.

easier for everyone who isn't already in limbo! lool, that's what I'm sayin. I got a char in limbo. sniff.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
This is what I was wondering as well.

Maybe they are going to force all new logins to an instance first and then you have to transfer to the mainland from within there somehow?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tloluvin

Dec 6, 2021
Can you ask them how the customers that haven't been able to play the game for the past 2 weeks can get a refund?
Steam has a history of game purchases. You can check the price there. You can also ask a question that will skip the automatic answers. If thousands of people send a problem description and a question - how to get a refund - steam will notice the problem and may decide to make an exception to the return policy.

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
Steam has a history of game purchases. You can check the price there. You can also ask a question that will skip the automatic answers. If thousands of people send a problem description and a question - how to get a refund - steam will notice the problem and may decide to make an exception to the return policy.

I appreciate your response, but I should not have to be dependent on thousands of other users. I was sold a defective product, and thus far, the entire handling of it (by both SV and Steam) makes me never want to do business with either company again. I just want my money refunded, and I can delete my account (both here and on Steam) and move on with no hard feelings (if that's even possible anymore... but I will at least commit to not bashing either to the dozens of gamers in my immediate gaming community... Many of which are still waiting to see if they should purchase this game or not).

Last edited:

Tloluvin

Dec 6, 2021
I appreciate your response, but I should not have to be dependent on thousands of other users.

The steam policy is clear. You have 2 hours of play for the return. It's your decision how you use it. Many players may show that an exception must be made.
SV is a different case. They believe in their product and in the future. They don't charge for the game. They don't have to pay back. Should they? Maybe. It is their decision and their risk

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The steam policy is clear. You have 2 hours of play for the return. It's your decision how you use it. Many players may show that an exception must be made.
SV is a different case. They believe in their product and in the future. They don't charge for the game. They don't have to pay back. Should they? Maybe. It is their decision and their risk
26+ hour queue seems a little bit off from steam's policy tho.

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
Since queue time is counted as play time, it makes the time argument moot. They need to bump up that 2 hours to 200 hours, if they want to count queue time.

In the end its only 36 bucks for me... 36 bucks I'd like to get back. But I can do a lot more damage to them with negative reviews and discouraging my "on the fence" guildmates from purchasing this game. A lot of them are waiting in the wings, and I've been silent on our forums about what I'm dealing with. I'm giving both SV and Steam the opportunity to do right by their customers, and provide refunds. If they would have just done that from day 1 of this fiasco, I told them I would consider coming back if/when the network issues are resolved. But its clear to me by their current behavior and ignoring the many people that are simply wanting their money back until the game is PLAYABLE, that SV and Steam are just greedy companies. I'm giving them 2 more days to make it right and offer a refund, then I'm going through my credit card. At that point, I will discourage anyone and everyone from playing this this game now or ever. Not just in my guild, but in the larger gaming community I'm currently an active part of.

So yea, they can choose to be greedy and try to keep my $36, and lose out on potentially 10x that amount... I WILL get my money back, through my credit card, but I've been being patient and allowed them to show their true colors. Currently their colors are Greed and Incompetence. For the sake of the rest of you that still believe in this game I hope they can pull a chameleon and change those colors.

Furthermore, as far as Steam is concerned. I am not afraid to delete that account. I have many other hobbies and ways of acquiring games. So if they want to be greedy now and lose a future customer, fine by me. No skin off my back.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Since queue time is counted as play time, it makes the time argument moot. They need to bump up that 2 hours to 200 hours, if they want to count queue time.

In the end its only 36 bucks for me... 36 bucks I'd like to get back. But I can do a lot more damage to them with negative reviews and discouraging my "on the fence" guildmates from purchasing this game. A lot of them are waiting in the wings, and I've been silent on our forums about what I'm dealing with. I'm giving both SV and Steam the opportunity to do right by their customers, and provide refunds. If they would have just done that from day 1 of this fiasco, I told them I would consider coming back if/when the network issues are resolved. But its clear to me by their current behavior and ignoring the many people that are simply wanting their money back until the game is PLAYABLE, that SV and Steam are just greedy companies. I'm giving them 2 more days to make it right and offer a refund, then I'm going through my credit card. At that point, I will discourage anyone and everyone from playing this this game now or ever. Not just in my guild, but in the larger gaming community I'm currently an active part of.

So yea, they can choose to be greedy and try to keep my $36, and lose out on potentially 10x that amount... I WILL get my money back, through my credit card, but I've been being patient and allowed them to show their true colors. Currently their colors are Greed and Incompetence. For the sake of the rest of you that still believe in this game I hope they can pull a chameleon and change those colors.
well this is not the place to discuss steam's policys tho, to my understanding u can make a case for steam and they will refund the game :)

Reactions: Tloluvin

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
well this is not the place to discuss steam's policys tho, to my understanding u can make a case for steam and they will refund the game :)

I'm dealing with steam. Thus far, their offer was unacceptable. But you are right, discussing Steam policy is probably not the right place for this forum, although, it was the other user that brought it up. However, Steam and SV are linked. Steam is selling their product, and their product is defective. It does not work for a large portion of customers. Therefore, it would be prudent for SV to contact steam and advise them to offer full refunds. At this point, we can't even get any information as to whether they have done that or not. They are so hush hush about everything they do, aside from the "almost there", "just a couple more days", and "patch is being tested"(then the patch never comes). They may have had a cool concept for a game, and maybe it would be fun to play (if you can play it), but their customer service is bottom of the barrel.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
Tell that to the steam workers.

If you are assuming that I haven't already, that's a pretty bad assumption. I finally got a response back last night that since I am now over the 14 day period, I was no longer eligible for a refund (EVEN THOUGH I'VE BEEN ASKING THEM FOR A REFUND FOR THE PAST WEEK). So, you can see the kind of morons I'm dealing with there.

I've never seen a company (aside from the now bankrupt Toys-R-Us) work so hard to screw over their customers for a broken product they sold.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If you are assuming that I haven't already, that's a pretty bad assumption. I finally got a response back last night that since I am now over the 14 day period, I was no longer eligible for a refund (EVEN THOUGH I'VE BEEN ASKING THEM FOR A REFUND FOR THE PAST WEEK). So, you can see the kind of morons I'm dealing with there.

I've never seen a company (aside from the now bankrupt Toys-R-Us) work so hard to screw over their customers for a broken product they sold.

Tlo is one of those dudes who doesn't even properly understand the nuance of the English language. No fault of his, it's just something to keep in mind.

My last steam support ticket has been sitting there, but I did spam them multiple times YOU SHOULD AT LEAST TELL THEM TO ADD A WARNING THAT YOU CAN'T REALLY PLAY THE GAME. Probably had nothing/little to do with me, but I can at least say I was on the right side of history for that one. I'm gonna play this instance stuff, see where it goes, then just shrug it off.

People say the queue is upsetting, and it obviously is, but people have the mettle to sit thru the queue until they get in. I have never been so griefed by a gaming situation as I have been by this one. It is a loop basically, SV saying try steam, they can't override steam, etc, when they know what steam is gonna say. Someone, I dunno if it was time or what, but I just was able to detox from it. The money isn't that much, but it sucks to have dropped it.

I mean I went from... buy in on beta and playing a good amount, then I was like ohhh yeaaa SV you got dizzz then I bought a second acct thru steam. Then in the beginning everything was good. I think that's what sucks so much, there was this feeling they had it all worked out then 'reality set in.' And yea I haven't been in since first 24 hrs. heh. I just stopped logging on, and it went away. Didn't log into haven or anything, just completely set it down. Sure, I'm on the forums and on steam forums, but I just logged into haven for the first time in awhile and saw the 24hr rollback had affected my char slightly (was reading the wrong book bleeh,) but it was more like heh than anything else. It's sad; it's especially sad cuz there are dudes on steam hard trolling people who can't refund, some don't even own the game and are just there to harvest tears. I feel bad for the people who are there looking for support.

But I will never understand why anyone on any forum, no matter how much they like the game, would side with a company over a consumer. You never know when the tables might turn and YOU are the consumer who got shafted. I guess not everyone thinks that far ahead.

I hope you get your stuff, man. I think if you bought post release, you should keep pushing and you might, but in the end... I'm just like heh. Gonna try shards. If it's trash, it's trash, then I'll uninstall. All of this is compounded by wanting MO2 to be a good game, etc... I mean, most of us are coming from a good place. We're not haters. So, it's weird to watch the community cannibalize itself when if we stuck together, we could actually get things done.

Everyone who wants a refund should get one. Even the most die hard MO2 fanatics should think that. Why wouldn't they? It blows my mind that anyone would be like nyahahaha the policy is clear SRY BUD. Without knowing they are basically trollin' hard.

My 2c.

Peace and I hope your shit works out, cuz it will feel good to get that money back, I know. Salvage something.

Edit: @ two weeks being over, just keep brute forcing and re-explaining until they force close your ticket :)

Reactions: Balinor

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
Tlo is one of those dudes who doesn't even properly understand the nuance of the English language. No fault of his, it's just something to keep in mind.

Peace and I hope your shit works out, cuz it will feel good to get that money back, I know. Salvage something.

Yeah, that's why I didn't really come back at Tlo, and instead put the IF in front of my reply to him. I'm just trying to explain my situation. I'm a pretty fair dude. If I'm sold a broken product, I'd expect a refund.

I mean, compare this to my experience (and review) for Vistaprint I just made. My delivery was returned due to a mess up from the UPS to the USPS local handoff. I contacted them, and they took responsibility even though it was a delivery issue and not anything they did wrong. They expressed mailed me a replacement, no hassle at all. That's the kind of companies I will continue to support.

I forgot the name of the person that helped me, Marsha (or something like that). But she was AWESOME. Definitely understanding and helpful. Even though it was a shipping issue that is no fault of Vistaprint, she made it clear that their shipping providers are a reflection on them and that Vistaprint stands behind their products all the way through delivery. This is the type of top notch customer service and business that I enjoy dealing with. I plan to do more business in the future (I do every year), and I would absolutely recommend Vistaprint to anyone and everyone. Great job by both your customer service agent and your company. A++

As far as Steam and SV go, I'm getting the exact opposite kind of treatment. I don't need to go online and make shit up to bash either SV or Steam. I just need to go online and be honest with my experiences in dealing with them. It's their actions (or lack there-of) that will do the bashing for me. All I want is my money refunded for a defective product.

Emdash, I appreciate your understanding in all this. I also don't get the people that are being jackasses online about it... but I will sleep easy because Karma is a bitch.