Unreal 5 release - will it fix the player pop in - not knowing who people are in the distance thing

druez

Jan 9, 2022
My big issue with the unreal 4 version of the game and one of the reason i stopped playing, was how the pop in of players worked. Like you are riding a horse and you can't see who people are until they are right on top of you. I thought I remember reading that the unreal 5 version of the game would make that much better.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Getting red names back will help a ton with this, you wont have to be able to read the name because if you see red you know to start taking precautions or altering course.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
This is frankly one of the top gripes i have with this game. How is it possible that i have no problem loading the character and the horse and can see them riding for ages, i can even shoot at them with a strong bow, but cant get a tag until im within spitting distance? Not able to know if its friendly or enemy until its basically too late to run away? So i either run away from everyone or am forced to fight if its an enemy…

Just one more game mechanic that favours gankers and PKers. People that want to avoid enemies just have to guess.

Red names will help nubes i guess, but they wont solve the fact that you still have to get close to see the colour.

Last edited:

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
This is frankly one of the top gripes i have with this game. How is it possible that i have no problem loading the character and the horse and can see them riding for ages, i can even shoot at them with a strong bow, but cant get a tag until im within spitting distance? Not able to know if its friendly or enemy until its basically too late to run away? So i either run away from everyone or am forced to fight if its an enemy…

Just one more game mechanic that favours gankers and PKers. People that want to avoid enemies just have to guess.

Red names will help nubes i guess, but they wont solve the fact that you still have to get close to see the colour.
A lot is possible if you are like SV and nobody there actually plays their own game.
There'd be a lot less jank and BS if they did. Alas they made this mess.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
A lot is possible if you are like SV and nobody there actually plays their own game.
There'd be a lot less jank and BS if they did. Alas they made this mess.
After 13 years of playing MO i truly believe this is simply Henriks mind set. He loves the ganking and greefing playstyle and continuously manages to implement mechanics that cater to that playstyle. every new mechanic has this same mind set built in. The guy cant help himself..

Thats why half the population in this game is just that. No lifers, unrelenting greefers and gankers. Those are the only people that just cant get enough of this game. Its almost like its made for them. Even AI (outlaws) was implemented to simply zerg and gank you literally out of thin air. This is also why none of these people ever get more than a few days ban.

And the game just continues to hemorrhage players…

Last edited:

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
After 13 years of playing MO i truly believe this is simply Henriks mind set. He loves the ganking and greefing playstyle and continuously manages to implement mechanics that cater to that playstyle. every new mechanic has this same mind set built in. The guy cant help himself..

Thats why half the population in this game is just that. No lifers, unrelenting greefers and gankers. Those are the only people that just cant get enough of this game. Its almost like its made for them. Even AI (outlaws) was implemented to simply zerg and gank you literally out of thin air. This is also why none of these people ever get more than a few days ban.

And the game just continues to hemorrhage players…
It's not ganking that turns people away...it's just that beyond the novelty of a first person mount&blade/oblivion style MMO the game is low quality.

Reactions: Daikos

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
continuously manages to implement mechanics that cater to that playstyle. every new mechanic has this same mind set built in. The guy cant help himself..

Thats why half the population in this game is just that. No lifers, unrelenting greefers and gankers.

I don't think that's true at all. I don't know if the game has ever been half unrelenting gankers.

Outlaws are freaking stupid haha. Dynamic spawns it's like hehhh. That should be your proof that the game doesn't have enough gankers, cuz they had to put in AI to simulate that and make it dangerous. It's really just a hassle. When an AI spawns on you, it's annoying, when someone attacks you, it's an experience.

There are def mad no lifers in this game, but very few of them are so broken. Some of them have been broken by the game. So, they are like second or third generation griefers, haha, if that makes sense. You can reason with them. A large portion of the population has ego issues or is afraid, but I mean I've played other MMOs and chatted/forumed and you find the same type of people everywhere. It would be someone's goal, who hates the game, to make someone who loves the game quit... but the main issue is just that the game is pretty bad.

You get lag, you get crashes and roll backs, you come face to face with people who are blatantly exploiting. It's at the point that it's almost impossible to ignore. It's not balanced. The mechanics of a lot of areas of the game are wonky.

The one weird thing about MO is it offers mechanics for players to take out their frustration with the game on other people haha. That's happening more than it should, but in terms of people who would just gank you because they can and people who are just playing, I don't think it's 50/50 at all, especially not anymore. In MO1 when you ran into someone in the wild, they would almost always attack you.

And that's not BAD per se, if the alternative is dynamic spawns of trashmobs while you are trying to get safe. I mean, finding a safe spot to do something is a part of 'winning' in MO, having a mob spawn on you is ridic. Getting unlucky and having someone ride into your safe spot and see you, that's one thing, but a mob being spawned on you is just bad. Esp those stupid outlaws haha.

I was exploring and I had like 3 or 4 outlaw groups spawn on me in 20-30 min; I was way off the beaten path. It's like come on what the fuck?? The devs are just in lala land with a lot of these things.