Two Important Suggestions for Haven Before Release

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
A lot of incomplete information being used here.

1. Haven skill gains are going to be fast. Confirmed by Henrik. Meaning skill up a character to do one thing won´t be hard or prolonged at all.
2. Resources on a map half the size of old Myrland are going to be plentyful even with competition.
3. Banks are transfered, not inventories.
4. Considering a "tutorial area" aka PvE server will have extraction thus it won´t be basic ore but intermediate products being transferred.

Obviously those interested in a PvE server will distort facts to suit their narrative. Distortion does not change them.

Tricking players into liking Mortal by disabling defining features (full loot, open PvP) so that they buy a subscription, leave Haven and then experience a game they did not want to play is dishonest and will certainly backfire. If SV has so little faith in their own game that they have to hide behind a friendly optional PvP mask they probably should not be making a full loot PvP sandbox.

Eldrath knows whats up. Everything should play by the same rules. If those rules are seen as unfair or to disrupt the game balance, the game needs to be better. There's no evidence that decision makes of sufficient competence are in employ, and no ceo/dev comments that give any indication that this has ever been a consideration. The game is still going to provide some fun - but ultimately be just another missed opportunity.

Give haven special rules/don't give it special rules. If the game isn't built right it won't matter in the slightest.

Economic concerns? Build a better economic system
Ganking concerns? Build a better flagging/consequence system
Safe material collection concern? Build a better risk/reward system
Low/no risk skill gain area? Build a better skill system
Afraid players will need to reroll when they find out they attributes suck? Build a better attribute system

Wake me up when this happens

Edit: If this game was my lifes work, you can bet I will have designed hundreds of systems throughout the life of MO1 so that if the opportunity ever presented itself to be better that it will be so.

Last edited: