Twitch Stream July 28th 2022 Summary

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021

Necromancy Reception and Afterthoughts

We have been following the feedback, streams and other media talking about the Necromancer Patch (4.18 and Hotfix 4.20). We appreciate the patience you all had with waiting for our patch. We were in a time of transition and had a change of focus. We have been slowly making changes internally to ensure processes are better structured and these past few months were the final step before we changed over completely. Moving forward, we will be moving to smaller and (hopefully) faster patches to fix various bugs and issues with the game. This includes legacy issues and new issues.

Currently, we are working on a second hotfix post necro patch. It should be out shortly. When we have more information regarding the Patch Polish Project and the future content roadmap, we will let everyone know.

Backend and Optimizations

We understand that sometimes the players cannot see the changes we make in the backend because we do not include them in our patch notes. This includes optimizations that are client side and server side. We feel that we are in a great spot for client performance. We have put our focus more on server side performance. We understand our server is not as stressed as it used to be, but this gives us breathing room as we continue to make things better. We have a plan for weekly restarts/resets of the server. Currently, we monitor the server and are pleased with its performance. There is always more effort to be made for further improvements.

Game Mechanic Abuse and other Exploits

We are always looking at reports while having discussions on how to handle certain abuses or exploitation. On occasion, it takes us some time to determine what we feel is the best action forward. Once we make a decision, we plan to always inform the community as soon as we can. We are in the middle of creating more tools for our GMs to monitor and help players when needed, we are committed to this. We have been investigating abuse and making a more heavy handed approach to punishments and bans. At the end of this month, we will announce some policy changes and other information, please stay tuned for the July Ban Report.

Solo and Small Group Content

We understand and recognize that not all players can or want to run big group content for the purpose of being able to have access to certain components in the game. We have been making efforts to allow for more smaller group play in the world of Nave. With Necromancy, we have spread out ways to learn the school and their spells throughout the land. We plan on more Points of Interests that will help with this matter. We appreciate your feedback on this topic.

Fist Weapons

Currently, we are almost done with the art for Fist Weapons. We have nothing to show currently, but we are looking forward to when we can.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Necromancy Reception and Afterthoughts

We have been following the feedback, streams and other media talking about the Necromancer Patch (4.18 and Hotfix 4.20). We appreciate the patience you all had with waiting for our patch. We were in a time of transition and had a change of focus. We have been slowly making changes internally to ensure processes are better structured and these past few months were the final step before we changed over completely. Moving forward, we will be moving to smaller and (hopefully) faster patches to fix various bugs and issues with the game. This includes legacy issues and new issues.

Currently, we are working on a second hotfix post necro patch. It should be out shortly. When we have more information regarding the Patch Polish Project and the future content roadmap, we will let everyone know.

Backend and Optimizations

We understand that sometimes the players cannot see the changes we make in the backend because we do not include them in our patch notes. This includes optimizations that are client side and server side. We feel that we are in a great spot for client performance. We have put our focus more on server side performance. We understand our server is not as stressed as it used to be, but this gives us breathing room as we continue to make things better. We have a plan for weekly restarts/resets of the server. Currently, we monitor the server and are pleased with its performance. There is always more effort to be made for further improvements.

Game Mechanic Abuse and other Exploits

We are always looking at reports while having discussions on how to handle certain abuses or exploitation. On occasion, it takes us some time to determine what we feel is the best action forward. Once we make a decision, we plan to always inform the community as soon as we can. We are in the middle of creating more tools for our GMs to monitor and help players when needed, we are committed to this. We have been investigating abuse and making a more heavy handed approach to punishments and bans. At the end of this month, we will announce some policy changes and other information, please stay tuned for the July Ban Report.

Solo and Small Group Content

We understand and recognize that not all players can or want to run big group content for the purpose of being able to have access to certain components in the game. We have been making efforts to allow for more smaller group play in the world of Nave. With Necromancy, we have spread out ways to learn the school and their spells throughout the land. We plan on more Points of Interests that will help with this matter. We appreciate your feedback on this topic.

Fist Weapons

Currently, we are almost done with the art for Fist Weapons. We have nothing to show currently, but we are looking forward to when we can.

- thumbs up - @ small group, need to expand loot table massively, just make it a low %. Make it so even sometimes decent stuff drops in GY (not great stuff,) great stuff from general, rarely. Then add in loot like flux, scrolls, to more shit. I mean TBH you should be able to grab a scroll out of a bush or some shit sometime

The key is worthwhile things to interact with that give loot, not a point of interest. Point of interest = camp, TC fortified.

I adventure primarily and IMHO you guys need to make adventurer (with a bit of pvp) a legit playstyle. You are putting yourself at risk to be out in the world and seeing stuff, so put stuff that we can get. Not stuff you can camp, but reasons to fight every mob, reasons to climb a mountain, etc, go to an obscure place to see.

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
I hope the hot fix places more of a priority on making the mage/necro playstyle more viable in pvp. I’ve been keeping an eye on things the past several months waiting for the necro patch and as things currently stand it’s failed to deliver imho.
I’m not going to spend countless hours of my time to have a couple of gimmick spells that are only situationally good. Adding insult to the injury are the changes to magic reflect that were totally uncalled for and cripple mages even more.
If all SV wants is a melee centric game with no other viable pvp options then so be it, but I’ll be joining the countless number of other player who won’t be coming back.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I hope the hot fix places more of a priority on making the mage/necro playstyle more viable in pvp. I’ve been keeping an eye on things the past several months waiting for the necro patch and as things currently stand it’s failed to deliver imho.
I’m not going to spend countless hours of my time to have a couple of gimmick spells that are only situationally good. Adding insult to the injury are the changes to magic reflect that were totally uncalled for and cripple mages even more.
If all SV wants is a melee centric game with no other viable pvp options then so be it, but I’ll be joining the countless number of other player who won’t be coming back.

yea, if they add fist weps before they add something more 'necessary' that's another nail in their coffin. haha. Not exactly what you said, but I figured I should say it.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Basically I got from the stream...

Henrik knows how to parry.
Henrik has amazing ping.
Henrik is blissfully unaware of how bad the Alvarin meta is, even though when he died 80% of the characters that spawned in around him were alvarin.
Henrik uses two handed great swords and is also unaware how they are also the meta.
Henrik wears plate and is unwilling to address the stamina issue on them. (it should be way higher)
Killox is still cringe as ever.

• Love
Reactions: Najwalaylah