Twitch Stream July 14th 2022 Summary

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Twitch Stream July 14th 2022 Summary

Combating Cheaters

We have been taking heavy-handed action against players who have been duplicating in our game. There has been waves of these bans based on the evidence we collect and find. The process includes deletion of characters and their items, houses, etc. We spend time tracking trades and making sure we get all accounts related to these actions. If it seems like we are sitting on our hands, this is not the case, we just want to make sure it is being done right.

Being a sandbox game, there is always a challenge in weighing what is considered an exploit and what is considered a clever use of mechanics. At times, issues come up which we evaluate internally. Once it is evaluated, we announce if it is considered punishable. If it is considered an exploit, we will work to remove that exploit from the game code. Due to this, there are times where the GMs do not act immediately, as there are protocols first to determine what is right or wrong. We try to make sure that there is little to no GM interference within the game.

Stream Sniping has been a topic that has come up often. We do not condone this behaviour and find it quite lame and cowardly. However, to our streamers, we suggest that you prepare for the possibility as MO2 can be a very competitive game. If you feel like you are being harassed by a user, we recommend you file a report with Twitch;

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/ho...or their avatar (using Report Something Else)

We do not have the manpower or the processes to battle this issue actively. You can submit any evidence to Robmo and an internal report will be made. This action is hard to prove so the best we can do is look at it and try to make a fair decision.

Lore

We plan to drop more lore within the game for players to discover. The Necromancy dungeon and new Points of Interests are part of this initiative. Robmo and the writing team has been putting out smaller Community Scenarios with little handouts to grow the lore. Finally, we also want to introduce larger world changing events in the future which will be supported by the great lore our writers are creating.

Race Changing Tokens

This is something we are looking at; however, we can not promise if it will be something we will provide or when it can turn up.

More Titles

We do have many more titles planned; we even had some that we wanted to push out for this patch. We decided to put our coders into projects that were a larger priority. Please stay tuned for more info on this, upcoming patches will introduce more.

Elementalism

This will LIKELY be our next school that we work on. It has functions that will benefit future spell schools including some Necromancy Spells. We have not made a final decision on this, and we may have the community make the choice in the future.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Hi!

I appreciate that you summarize these streams. I am beginning to kinda understand he may talk then answer questions. I wonder why no body asks him about like when there will be... stuff like: horse stats, more pickables, more mobs, lyks, molvas... molva = more stax. I haven't even leveled up taming cuz you don't need it to grab any good mount.

I can also see how some of this loosely correlates to what we talk about here, so I dunno if it makes it thru telephone or you report back or what, and that's cool, but yea... the part I don't understand is... why not add in the MO1 stuff.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Hi!

I appreciate that you summarize these streams. I am beginning to kinda understand he may talk then answer questions. I wonder why no body asks him about like when there will be... stuff like: horse stats, more pickables, more mobs, lyks, molvas... molva = more stax. I haven't even leveled up taming cuz you don't need it to grab any good mount.

I can also see how some of this loosely correlates to what we talk about here, so I dunno if it makes it thru telephone or you report back or what, and that's cool, but yea... the part I don't understand is... why not add in the MO1 stuff.

They ask.. he generally answers with... they are coming. or we are working on it. Never a definitive answer.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
Jul 12, 2022
US
combating cheaters yet the unofficial discord just has people openly talking about duping, cheating, etc. with no way to realistically stop them.

also stream sniping is lame and looked down on? oh boy. thanks for affirming people who stream get special treatment. always knew people getting guards spawned on them when they killed streamers was true (after all there was clips of it happening).

i can see it now. "help he killed me, he's harassing me". sv bans a guy for playing the game.