Twitch Stream August 18th 2022 Summary

Rhias

May 28, 2020
"The next few patches will add over 90 new Points of Interest to Myrland"
Let's hope the points of interest will be interesting. 90% of the current ones are trash. Quite a lot of them contain only a barrel. Yes, you loot it when you pass it by chance but it's not like you feel engaged to look for them. Just not worth the time.
Something like rare spawning mini-bosses would be super cool.

Reactions: tal0s

Tzone

May 16, 2021
"The next few patches will add over 90 new Points of Interest to Myrland"
Let's hope the points of interest will be interesting. 90% of the current ones are trash. Quite a lot of them contain only a barrel. Yes, you loot it when you pass it by chance but it's not like you feel engaged to look for them. Just not worth the time.
Something like rare spawning mini-bosses would be super cool.
I hope they do, do this. But I also remeber how they said that they were going to add 1500 new PoIs next patch a patch ago.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Another fairly adequate summary.

I take it that this is one of the Points of Interest?

POI9-768x450.jpg

This is certainly striking, though the interest most obviously catered to would not be one of mine.

Some might find it inspriational, however.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Another fairly adequate summary.

I take it that this is one of the Points of Interest?

POI9-768x450.jpg

This is certainly striking, though the interest most obviously catered to would not be one of mine.

Some might find it inspriational, however.

You are neither permitted to enter nor photograph my living room. All that stuff on the wall was fresh once, it just... kind of melted over time?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I like the new format for reviews.

As for the POI discussion. They are often lackluster feeling like they are far short of the scale of the POI. You find a chest next to a prison wagon with several bodies around it. And in that chest there is at most a few gold and a pickaxe, and a torch. I am not saying it needs to be a 500g find but perhaps a random skill book or scroll?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022

As for the POI discussion. They are often lackluster feeling like they are far short of the scale of the POI. You find a chest next to a prison wagon with several bodies around it. And in that chest there is at most a few gold and a pickaxe, and a torch. I am not saying it needs to be a 500g find but perhaps a random skill book or scroll?
Some mobs would be a nice touch. If they just add places with a chest or barrel it's a waste of development time. Nobody goes around looking for POIs for the sights, you want to actually DO something there.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Quite aside from the content of the official Twitch stream summaries, I like the layout of them. I don't like the grey font on white background. Everything else about this whole site (except maybe the support page?) is as this one: light font on near-black. This is far more easily readable and the summaries page should be consistent with this colour scheme.
As for the POI discussion.
Elsewhere, someone opined that it was a stretch to call them locations, but I disagree. Locations is all they are, just like points in geometry. Locations of assets without significant content (YET)), same as locations without dimensions.

The stretch is the Points "of Interest" part, as they are placeholders. I'm not alone in finding it regrettable that they couldn't have had the full content ready at the time of placing the assets, but I wouldn't really have expected it to be done all at once. And doing the placement now does, as someone else pointed out, keep players from using the spaces for something that would have to be removed (with many tears() in the meantime.

Even so, I like the looks of and the variety of assets pictured in the summary. It was ever so subtly tiresome in MO1 to keep seeing the same rock formations, ruins, etc., everywhere.
They [POIx] are often lack-lustre feeling like they are far short of the scale of the POI. You find a chest next to a prison wagon with several bodies around it.
That reminds me of a scene in The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly. Perhaps it's meant to be an homage.
The%2BGood%252C%2Bthe%2BBad%2Band%2Bthe%2BUgly%2Bby%2BFoto%2BVaselli%2B027.JPG

And in that chest there is at most a few gold and a pick-axe, and a torch. I am not saying it needs to be a 500g find but perhaps a random skill book or scroll?
This seems like a valid criticism, or at least you are not alone in saying so. Remember barrels from MO1? They had < boxes which had < chests in them. This seems about equivalent to that. Sucks, I guess.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Some mobs would be a nice touch. If they just add places with a chest or barrel it's a waste of development time. Nobody goes around looking for POIs for the sights, you want to actually DO something there.
Some of the PoIs like the hangmans tree is cool but its random and there is nothing really going on with it. Witcher had hangmans tree with lore, reason, and items there.

I like the flavor but when I climb to the tower over looking GK, Im met with disappointment as nothing is there. Not even a radom GK thursar NPC that is unkillable like the GK venders.