Tune mages

Piet

May 28, 2020
Okay first of all all mounted combat is busted lol. OH Wahh they barely nerfed my fat mage. Guess what you get a ferrari thats 4x faster any toon in the game, and its called a horse. I'd like only open minded people here thanks for your time. Seems you've wasted the good time of the people with opinion.

A lot of people in this game think they know what they want. Viknus wanted forced wardecs lul. Yet, he can't handle them himself. Go ahead and hop on let me mage you down rofl. Silly MO vets huh
I agree about mounted although they aren't finished. I was just meaning foot mage isn't really broken, doesn't need buffs for sure but doesn't need nerfed into ground. imo I say remove mounted from game they just distract from actual good foot fights at best if not 1 shot the mage because a cuprum spear literally can hit for 220 on mount.

Reactions: cerqo

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
TBH there shouldnt even be long range hit scan spells in the game. When ppl told Henrik he should remake fireball into an actual projectile spell, everyone was like eCu iS hItScAn OnLy and oThEr sChOoL WiLl hAvE pRoJeCtiLeS, but whos gonna use projectile spells when you can hit 30s with a hitscan ez mode spell from any range?
Doesn't make sense to me. Everyone ive spoken to want projectiles. I want projectiles too! Buffing outburst damage was kinda ehhhh, and i agree with since it's such a long range, it shouldnt do as much dmg as it does.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Doesn't make sense to me. Everyone ive spoken to want projectiles. I want projectiles too! Buffing outburst damage was kinda ehhhh, and i agree with since it's such a long range, it shouldnt do as much dmg as it does.
Yeah fighting like 6 hibrids last night the outburst be smacking way to hard now. FFs would take 120 damage before they close into melee range just from free outburst damage.

Magic esspecially outburst is just free damage, really bad idea to buff its damage. Look at how bows would do about the same damage but you can dodge and block with shields while the archer has to compensate for drop and you movement along with a slower projectile.

Why is it ok for outburst doest as much are archery which is much harder?

Reactions: SirVirtuo

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
small pvp guild wont roam in expensive gear bcause its useless when u can die from 3 spells landed from some random MM in a fight.. thats why everyone just use bone armors. thats sad.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
small pvp guild wont roam in expensive gear bcause its useless when u can die from 3 spells landed from some random MM in a fight.. thats why everyone just use bone armors. thats sad.
Yeah this is a reason I hear from a lot of people who have good gear but wear molarium. Why take out steel just to give it to a mage.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Mages counter FF.
FF counters archers.
Archers counter mages.

4 mages can 1-shot a FF.
4 FF can 1-shot a mage.

But you want it so that a FF can fight 4 mages? Will you also make it so that 1 mage can fight 4 FF?
Rock Paper scissors is bad balancing that lazy devs do. Game needs proper balancing or people arent going to want to sub after the first month.

The main issue with 4 ff v 1 m compared to 1 ff v 4 mages is that the mages have free damage. If they look at the FF the FF takes damage period. A mage can still block and then jump to use terrain that allows free casting.

You can 1v3 in this game against a lot of the FFs if you are good enough because of parry and circle theory. Against mages nothing you can do. Could even 1v4 in some cases FF v FF.

Serious flaw in your comparison. But I dont think you came her to have a good faith discussion.

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
Rock Paper scissors is bad balancing that lazy devs do. Game needs proper balancing or people arent going to want to sub after the first month.

The main issue with 4 ff v 1 m compared to 1 ff v 4 mages is that the mages have free damage. If they look at the FF the FF takes damage period. A mage can still block and then jump to use terrain that allows free casting.

You can 1v3 in this game against a lot of the FFs if you are good enough because of parry and circle theory. Against mages nothing you can do. Could even 1v4 in some cases FF v FF.

Serious flaw in your comparison. But I dont think you came her to have a good faith discussion.

you are saying a mage can 1v3? And a mage can just parry and just away while free casting? If you catch up to a mage, it should be over for the mage. Only way a mage survives is if they get to a spot you cannot get to or someone peels for the mage.

The flaw in a lot of people’s reasoning for a nerf is that they don’t want to roll with a diverse group. Why have 3 rocks, 3 papers, or 3 scissors when you can have all 3?

People’s suggestions like these go down a path of only FF will be viable. Too many times people say things like “remove mages, remove archers, remove mounted combat, remove tamers”. We are left with everyone just being a FF and most likely the same build.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
you are saying a mage can 1v3? And a mage can just parry and just away while free casting? If you catch up to a mage, it should be over for the mage. Only way a mage survives is if they get to a spot you cannot get to or someone peels for the mage.

The flaw in a lot of people’s reasoning for a nerf is that they don’t want to roll with a diverse group. Why have 3 rocks, 3 papers, or 3 scissors when you can have all 3?

People’s suggestions like these go down a path of only FF will be viable. Too many times people say things like “remove mages, remove archers, remove mounted combat, remove tamers”. We are left with everyone just being a FF and most likely the same build.

Totally agree. It seems to be the same person(s) always complaining about mages, as if mages just constantly stomp roll PvP. Yes they hit like artillery, but they die like it when you get to them.

We all want diversity in the game, that comes with possible imbalance. Adapt.

I'm starting to think that some players got butt-hurt by a group of mages and the embarrassment of being trumped by a weak class like a mage, is making them nerd rage the mage class in general.

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
Totally agree. It seems to be the same person(s) always complaining about mages, as if mages just constantly stomp roll PvP. Yes they hit like artillery, but they die like it when you get to them.

We all want diversity in the game, that comes with possible imbalance. Adapt.

I'm starting to think that some players got butt-hurt by a group of mages and the embarrassment of being trumped by a weak class like a mage, is making them nerd rage the mage class in general.
I agree, I'd like to see this mage taking on foot fighters in videos. Not like one mounted fat mage vs a foot fighter, but a mage instantly and repeatedly doing free damage on a foot fighter, while parrying, because OBVIOUSLY they can have a weapon out while casting, right?! Fucking nuts what people say... Casting, drawing weapon, putting weapon away, it all takes time, which is what's used by a foot fighter to chase down the mage. Did mage run too? Well guess what, as long as you chase them, they can't charge a spell.
My mind is exploding by stupid arguments some people are making. If you get stomped by multiple mages, then guess what, you found two things...

1. You died because you were outnumbered, no fucking way!
2. You managed to find a group with multiple mages, holy shit!

zers

Aug 4, 2021

It's more about vs mages it doesn't matter how good you are. You are just 100% dead unless you can close the distance and if there is 1 mage your group cant get to you are dead in 12 seconds. You can't just have 1 guy on every mage if you are outnumbered.

Sure if it's equal numbers it's fine but how often is it equal numbers? Almost never. In this game you could have 2000 allies if you wanted.

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
It's more about vs mages it doesn't matter how good you are. You are just 100% dead unless you can close the distance and if there is 1 mage your group cant get to you are dead in 12 seconds. You can't just have 1 guy on every mage if you are outnumbered.

Sure if it's equal numbers it's fine but how often is it equal numbers? Almost never. In this game you could have 2000 allies if you wanted.
What did this hypothetical foot fighter do for 12 seconds to be killed by the mage? Skip rocks across sausage lake? Here's a non-hypothetical method for taking down a mage... Chase them down, and while they are running, they can't charge a spell... Genius, i know.

edit: also, God forbid a mage finds that 1 ideal situation in which they have the advantage in a fight. How dare they win a battle!

Edit edit:. If this was a reference to a battle with multiple people, well guess what, you died because the other team played better and the mage did what they do.

Last edited:

zers

Aug 4, 2021
What did this hypothetical foot fighter do for 12 seconds to be killed by the mage? Skip rocks across sausage lake? Here's a non-hypothetical method for taking down a mage... Chase them down, and while they are running, they can't charge a spell... Genius, i know.

Not to insult you but have you ever fought in this game?

This footfighter was fighting another footfighter perhaps or even a mage perma blocking.

You cant just cover everyone. Think of it as basketball and you are playing defense trying to cover everyone. Then what if the other team had 1 more guy. Ofcourse you wont be able to take care of him.

On the other hand footfighters are melee which means they have to be close to fight. You can also parry footfighters compared to mages which means you can take care of him to. Going back to the basketball example. If now the team with 1 more player were "footfighters" and had to be close to you instead of having distance. That means you can now cover everyone.

Kynyante

Nov 5, 2021
it would be amazing if all the spells were projectile based and u could move will casting them and reduce the damage/timetocast would make the build so much more fun and skillful.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

edit: also, God forbid a mage finds that 1 ideal situation in which they have the advantage in a fight. How dare they win a battle!

Edit edit:. If this was a reference to a battle with multiple people, well guess what, you died because the other team played better and the mage did what they do.
With that logic, mages could 1 shot anyone but since they cant 1v1 a foot fighter in close distance they are balanced? In an outnumbered fight u cant just charge the mages recklessly, its not like MO1 with faster movement, while they can drop you to half hp with 1 spell from range. It just feels like a gimmick class.

it would be amazing if all the spells were projectile based and u could move will casting them and reduce the damage/timetocast would make the build so much more fun and skillful.
This.

Then they could even be able to 1v1 foot fighters if they are good enough but cant just stand back and blast ppl for 80s with ez mode spells.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
this is one reason why ECU should be reworked as support magic school (reduce the damage to 50% on players). the MO1 system where you had a small action point pool and the 50 INT curve is over. you dont need all stuff in one school.

make projectile, casting while moving, low range magic schools (more risk for the mage and players actually have a chance to reach a skilled dex mage) the go-to for PvP damage mages. deleting targets out of nowhere wont be so easy anymore. PvE is easily fixed with negative PSY on AI.

a foot fighter needs stam to zig-zag and to close the gap. he gets peeled to hell.
the current state also forces bows (who are too strong too) on warriors so we end with a shooter game no one wants.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
this is one reason why ECU should be reworked as support magic school (reduce the damage to 50% on players). the MO1 system where you had a small action point pool and the 50 INT curve is over. you dont need all stuff in one school.

make projectile, casting while moving, low range magic schools (more risk for the mage and players actually have a chance to reach a skilled dex mage) the go-to for PvP damage mages. deleting targets out of nowhere wont be so easy anymore. PvE is easily fixed with negative PSY on AI.

a foot fighter needs stam to zig-zag and to close the gap. he gets peeled to hell.
the current state also forces bows (who are too strong too) on warriors so we end with a shooter game no one wants.

let me get this straight you want to reduce the damage by 50% (psy already does this) and then make it a skill shot? that isnt how you balance if you make something a skill shot you increase the damage so when it lands it matters because unlike other classes mages can only throw out attack spells 3-4 times depending on a build before they oom for 2 minutes

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
let me get this straight you want to reduce the damage by 50% (psy already does this) and then make it a skill shot? that isnt how you balance if you make something a skill shot you increase the damage so when it lands it matters because unlike other classes mages can only throw out attack spells 3-4 times depending on a build before they oom for 2 minutes
no, i said make ECU not the go-to for damage dealing, instead focus on Necro and so on...

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
With that logic, mages could 1 shot anyone but since they cant 1v1 a foot fighter in close distance they are balanced? In an outnumbered fight u cant just charge the mages recklessly, its not like MO1 with faster movement, while they can drop you to half hp with 1 spell from range. It just feels like a gimmick class.

This.

Then they could even be able to 1v1 foot fighters if they are good enough but cant just stand back and blast ppl for 80s with ez mode spells.
Correction, nobody is getting 1 shot killed by mages. If four mages cast a spell and kill you, then it was 4 shot. Math matters. If they all managed to do this, then good on them for working together as a team. If four foot fighters snuck up on lil old me, they'd 4 shot me in 2 seconds as well. But difference is i don't call it what it's not, a 1 shot.

Adding that i misunderstood your post and it was a reaction to what i reacted to lol. But my point stays for those who whine about mage power.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belegar and Tekk