Traveling Between Towns Still Sucks

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Are there any plans to improve traveling? The time it takes to move between cities is truly gamebreaking for me. I feel like I'm playing a horse riding sim.

Is TC supposed to help with that? Does it actually help?

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
I don't mind the travelling aspect to be honest. I turn the music up and get immersed. Also get that nice feeling of accomplishment once I get to my destination and get there safely. Gotta put in effort into the game to achieve things, and travelling is part of that.

Reactions: Melhisedek

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
I don't mind the travelling aspect to be honest. I turn the music up and get immersed. Also get that nice feeling of accomplishment once I get to my destination and get there safely. Gotta put in effort into the game to achieve things, and travelling is part of that.
You're right, there is nothing quite as immersive as traveling for half an hour RL time to reach the next town and see all the flying mobs in the air on the way. 10/10

Reactions: Teknique

Jethub

Dec 1, 2021
I would love to see a portal system with limited use, and high material cost. One person could go through(no horse etc..) and then the portal dissipates. The cooldown could be quite long on the spell. This would not only create a new revenue source for casters specked into whatever school of magic it would fall under, but a way we could pay to fast travel to an area. The portals could be limited to certain towns etc...

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Adding more shortcuts around the map would help
I don't like the middle of the map to the north or middle of the map to the jungle chokepoints either, more people would go out and explore or run goods through these areas if they knew they weren't going to get corralled into one and had other options or paths to take.

Navystylz

Apr 6, 2022
Fast travel when? Every MMO in existence has fast travel, but MO2 is the only game where it can't work apparently.

Wicc

Jan 9, 2023
I would like to see something like a spirit portals between cities.

You could only use them as a ghost so it wouldnt fck up the economy but still count as a fast travel.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
How about adding one more priest button or home priest button in death so you could set one for your village and two town healers.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Sorry I meant to respond to this post earlier in the month but I finally got out of morin khur main entrance before Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: Bloodterst

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I have made the Myrland world tour twice now.. 1 time on foot it took a little over a month. It was honestly the more enjoyable trip.. because it felt challenging. But it was pretty boring aside from avoiding spawns that would zerg me down. And the other was on mount. Which oddly enough I got killed more on a mount then on foot. On mount everyone and their mother tends to attack you for no reason up north. But on foot most people ignore you.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
I would love to see a portal system with limited use, and high material cost. One person could go through(no horse etc..) and then the portal dissipates. The cooldown could be quite long on the spell. This would not only create a new revenue source for casters specked into whatever school of magic it would fall under, but a way we could pay to fast travel to an area. The portals could be limited to certain towns etc...
Even UO had a rune system, mark the rune for where you are & boon have a runebook for fast travel. Or be able to fast travel after death.

Last edited: