Toxai: Lack of Weapon/Armor Vendors, Layout Suggestions/Considerations

Gorruk

Feb 21, 2023
I understand Toxai is meant to have "peaceful fishing village" vibes. Still, as a new player whose weapon from the tutorial just broke in the GY, I was disappointed to find there wasn't a noob weapon or armour vendor in town after running around for an hour trying to find one. There are a couple of empty buildings in each section of the town that would be suitable for a weapon vendor, but I think either near the crafting stations in the northern end of town or in the market area on the southern end of town would work nicely.

Additionally, the layout of the town is spread quite apart in just about every aspect and feels difficult to traverse as a player without a horse. Perhaps a spawn of one or two horses along the beach, or on the island with the blackwood trees farther out would be suitable for new players. Also, the number of empty large buildings that look like they could house vendor NPCs is a bit frustrating as you travel through the southern end of town and toward the crusher/grinder.

Lastly, including a butchery table nearer to the graveyard (perhaps somewhere near the Auctionhouse square) would help cut down significantly on time for players butchering corpses from both skeletons and wild animals toward MK. Currently, the next best (and only) option is to travel to the south end of town, which adds a considerable amount of time to travel.

Overall, I would suggest a reconsideration of Toxai's general layout as the atmosphere and ambience have amazing potential.

Reactions: Midas and Xunila

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
you could also consolidate some vendors in all towns , even in fabernum i would expect as a new player to learn how to make weapons and armor from a blacksmith. why dont fishing vendors carry the lores and such? It would be ideal to go to the blacksmith area in fabernum to find an NPC beating a hammer against an anvil/throwing sparks etc. when you go to speak to him he turns to look at you kinda thing , much more immersive then NPCS standing in one spot doing nothing in a verry meticulously arranged fashion.

If your then asking yourself "then what would we do with the libraries?" i would say make that area/building the ability to boost reading speed while in it and offline.

Give tavern food increased duration of foods/drink

Inns boost to Clade gain.

Stables - boost to pet XP

etc etc