Torches

Smough

Jul 4, 2020
A couple things i wanted to mention. Firstly, they should be craftable if you can get your hands on any kind of wood, any type of fat or flammable fuel, and any type of cloth or “wrapping” material. Maybe the quality of the resources dictates how much durability the torch will have. This brings me to my next point, torches should run out of durability as they are used. They wouldn't last forever although for the sake of gameplay they might last significantly longer than their real life counterparts.
-Smough

Reactions: PatWins

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Good stuff! Would like bandages to have to be crafted as well. Gathering tools crafted with better materials should be more durable and maybe collect resources faster.

Smough

Jul 4, 2020
Good stuff! Would like bandages to have to be crafted as well. Gathering tools crafted with better materials should be more durable and maybe collect resources faster.
An oghmium hand axe would certainly gather wood faster than a 1 silver axe from a vendor right?

Smough

Jul 4, 2020
Don't know if the fact that they already had durability when used as a blunt weapon would keep them from having a limit on the time they could 'burn', but they did.
They played by the same rules as a weapon in MO1. But if you never bothered to hit anything with your torch they would last forever.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Yep and arrows as well. Also delete vendors for this stuff, since you could craft a low tier version pretty much from anywhere. The more we move towards a player run economy the better

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Well, the goal always have been to have anything player made.

The question is what to do first. Henrik for example mentionend that fletchery won´t be in persitent release.

Having a few simple crafting recipes for torches, campires, tents etc. might be good with release though. Gives noobs a good feeling till they are able to craft real shit.

I wonder if cooking and alchemy will be in persisten release? Anybody heard anything on that?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
We did have a Fletchery skill in MO1, but it was to my memory not ever actually used, right?

Would be cool if they made a non primary crafting skill line for crafting survival things like these. Heck, could be a secondary under the primary survival(if it still is a primary).