Time to destroy a supply tower it too fast in a group of 10. Not enough time for the defenders to reach it in time to defend it.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
There are several Mechanics regarding the capture of control towers that should be improved.

1. The main goal of Supply towers should be to make an area more attractive for players and trigger PVP
Supply towers should lead to PVP, but the time to destroy them is a bit too short as meantioned in the
headline.

2. The towers can easily be macroed down.
The control tower does not spawn guards at intervals of 100% HP, 80% HP, 60 % HP... To create some PVE encounter to prevent Players to Macro down the tower on a second Account.
This would require a building next to each tower. A soldiers' quarters from which the soldiers come.

In many games there is a PVP group and a PVE group to capture a control point to prevent towers taken down with a macro on second accounts in the background. On the one hand the time is too short until the opponents can react to the attack and on the other hand their destruction takes too long considering how boring it is to hit a building with a hammer 100 times with 10 players. I think clearing PVE would give the opponents more time to react to the attack beside hammering down the tower and it is more fun if there are some mobs to kill. If SV would add Guards and Mobs they need to have a short reset range, if enemies show up.

3. Controll towers loose HP over time.
I don't know if this is a bug and if not what the purpose is.

4. There are no control towers in Spider Valley. Why ? There should be more of them. maybe on Donat Rock in Meduli ?

5. Maybe we will be able to uopgrade the towers, but how should we guard the towers during off time or prevent them from being destroyed during early EU time.
Henrick told something about the prevention of ninja sieges by recruitable guards for the off time of various time zones. Does this only count for keeps? How long does it take for the radius to be downgraded or do you have to capture the supply towers only a few times for max radius ?

6. A siege tent for ammo and the siege weapons can be build everywhere, where the ground is flat enough.
Can the two siege camps before each keep be conquered by the opposing guild in order to build Ammo for the Manganon there or how those 2 siege camps arround every keep should prevent ninja sieges in the future ? Wound it not make sense to only be able to get bolders from the 2 siege camps every keep have and only the ammo for the ballista from the siege tent, that can be build everywhere ? That area could be guarded by powerful guards during the off time for every timezone. Then the Manganon would have to be transported with wagons and
the players would be aware of this and possibly inform the guild so that they could prepare.

7. Taking the supply towers feels worthless atm, if someone or a guild can macro them down with a 3-4 naked chars on GforceNow and if they can be destoyed in such a short time, that the enemy can not react fast enough to trigger PVp. There is no message, that the tower get attacked.
We need such a message and this message should repeat every time when the tower loose 2 % of its HP. Zhis is very important or players will fake attack the towers. Making 1 % damage and dissapear. Then the whole army is moving out and can find no enemies, because they fake attacked it and this would unnecessary waste the time of the defenders.
What do you get from supply towers ? Only the possibility to upgrade the rank of your guild which only have to be done once, or do you need to repeat it ? How you loose a guild rank ? I know that the radius is lost and you need to spend prominence to do so and that a higher guild rank allow you to spend prominence to upgrade the radius but how does a guild loose a rank ? Supply towers also increase the defence of your keep, but they can be destoyed so easy and does not make an area more itneresting for the inhabitants. Is it not possible to conquer cities by connecting towers to get taxes from the AH credited to the guild owning the town, to be able to spend points generated by those towers over time to deactivate guards, declare other guilds as persona non grata so that they are flagged local grey in our territory for our guild and to rule over the Town like in Mo1, or is this not implemented yet ? Willt he towers provide supply to town/Keep ?

The current system in not an improvement of MO1 in the current PTR1. but i guess not everything have been added yet in PTR1

Last edited:

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
From what we have gathered. Supply towers do give a substantial boost in defense to structures if you control many of them. But its kinda useless because they die waaaaayyyy to fast even just with hammers.
The supply lines are kinda good. The give defense and they are still active for a time after being destroyed(at least thats the intended mechanic). I like it because that gives you a like a pseudo siege window with time to react to it. But the defense the supply camps give is not really that high. both up and over 10k dmg on a wall with a manganon. So you can easily siege a keep without destryoing supply lines. But we only really know until someone trys to siege.
I really hope they change the towers to different ones for smaller groups and bigger ones for big fights. right now they are useless.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
From what we have gathered. Supply towers do give a substantial boost in defense to structures if you control many of them. But its kinda useless because they die waaaaayyyy to fast even just with hammers.
The supply lines are kinda good. The give defense and they are still active for a time after being destroyed(at least thats the intended mechanic). I like it because that gives you a like a pseudo siege window with time to react to it. But the defense the supply camps give is not really that high. both up and over 10k dmg on a wall with a manganon. So you can easily siege a keep without destryoing supply lines. But we only really know until someone trys to siege.
I really hope they change the towers to different ones for smaller groups and bigger ones for big fights. right now they are useless.
Yeah we need more testing. I used the info to edit point 7 from my first post.