Time Spent PvPing vs Time Spent on "Chores/Work"

[PRX]KV

Sep 6, 2021
Afternoon

Im currently playing Crowfall and 99% of time spent in game is on hassle/chores/work. Banging rocks, switching characters and searching through inventory and storage zones (ie EKs), chopping trees, digging graves, crafting, organizing crafting, creating spreadsheets on crafting, standing around waiting for hours for sieges, etc. It is really a crafting simulator and not a PvP game.

Is this game the same? Will I have to spend almost all my time doing non-pvp "chores" like gathering, crafting, running across zones, keeping spreadsheets of recipes etc.? Im honestly looking for an unbiased review of what the majority of my time will be spent doing.

Thanks in advance.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Short answer is no. You can spend your time doing whatever you want. You will of course need to supply yourself with gear, but its quite a bit different than Crowfall.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If you want pvp non stop just go play Mordhau. This is an mmorpg. Most of your time will be spent travelling, farming, gathering, crafting and interacting with players.
Pvp in this game is extrememly random. If you go look for it it can take hours to find. Otherwise you just wait for it to come to you. And it will eventually.

Last edited:

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
...but you will maybe have to travel the map a lot what isn't done in a minute.
The other things you mentioned like gathering, crafting is more or less done in groups and takes time and effort too, but idk if it is comparable to Crowfall.
if playermarket is stocked the only thing you really need is some gold and a horse and people to get to the action.

Galahorn

Mar 25, 2021
Played crowfall too and I can assure you that it is absolutely not the same in terms of gathering and overall experience. For example, you can build a potent bow or weapon in a matters of minutes once you got the proper skills. This is good since all drops upon death.

Also mo2 offers a way deeper experience in my opinion with tons of skills, a deeper lore, ressources Spread accords regions (specialization) a huge world to explore and a real MMO feel ( cf is more like a big moba with lots of grinding). Combat is also skilled based: a naked guy with a copper sword can beat someone with better equipment. And mounted combat, while not perfect, is in!

There are lots of things to do and it will expand with more PvE zones, wildlife, player buildings and territory control coming up. Patches are also released regularly and all bring in nice improvements to the game. Try it in the next days during the trial!

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Played crowfall too and I can assure you that it is absolutely not the same in terms of gathering and overall experience. For example, you can build a potent bow or weapon in a matters of minutes once you got the proper skills. This is good since all drops upon death.

Also mo2 offers a way deeper experience in my opinion with tons of skills, a deeper lore, ressources Spread accords regions (specialization) a huge world to explore and a real MMO feel ( cf is more like a big moba with lots of grinding). Combat is also skilled based: a naked guy with a copper sword can beat someone with better equipment. And mounted combat, while not perfect, is in!

There are lots of things to do and it will expand with more PvE zones, wildlife, player buildings and territory control coming up. Patches are also released regularly and all bring in nice improvements to the game. Try it in the next days during the trial!
Exactly this.

Reactions: Kokolo
D

Dracu

Afternoon

Im currently playing Crowfall and 99% of time spent in game is on hassle/chores/work. Banging rocks, switching characters and searching through inventory and storage zones (ie EKs), chopping trees, digging graves, crafting, organizing crafting, creating spreadsheets on crafting, standing around waiting for hours for sieges, etc. It is really a crafting simulator and not a PvP game.

Is this game the same? Will I have to spend almost all my time doing non-pvp "chores" like gathering, crafting, running across zones, keeping spreadsheets of recipes etc.? Im honestly looking for an unbiased review of what the majority of my time will be spent doing.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like the endphase of mortal online 1 tbh xD

only played crowfall on release month but mo2 wait for pvp time is much much higher then in crowfall... if you want to win.
The regear process takes alot longer, the travel times are alot bigger, the game is much more zerg/number based then crowfall.
Gear can not be farmed by killing npcs, it has to be crafted by players. You can only do one maybe 2 crafting professions and then not to the full potential. You will need other players.
PvPing increases murdercounts and you loose reputation unless you "wait" for players to go criminal which is just boring. Going "red" means grinding reputation by killing npcs and waiting logged in cause the murdercount system is only ticking down when logged into the game.

Tldr: No its kinda the same, not on release where you will find pvp around the corner but it will be, i guess just like crowfall. Depends on population.... and the marketing for this game sofar is kinda on par with crowfall xD

It heavily depends on the PvP you seek. Friendly duels? No problem, big sieges and roams because zerg vs zerg is more a thing? Then yes you will wait alot, but sieges are not in yet, but its alot less arcadey then crowfall and the distances can be a bit ridiculous.

Its not all bad though, the learning experience in mortal online is tough but very rewarding, you will have fun.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Afternoon

Thanks in advance.
Another couple of short answers are:
  • That there are a lot of acres of Myrland to run across, though very seldom will you be absolutely forced to cross them. You might find yourself deciding to travel for your own profit, or the good of a group if you join one, but that's up to your particular circumstances and RP tastes. If you need something from anywhere far from you, you may be lucky to find someone you can pay to get it for you. A few learning experiences, potentially, might only available in one or two places, once in a career.
    It's hard to regard travel as a non-PvP 'chore' when setting foot into the unguarded wilderness or outside of territory friendly to you (if any is) radically increases your chances of surprise PvP.
  • That anything like a craft at a level that means that your output depends on the best recipes you can find will require keeping your own spreadsheet. If you get by on the recipes of others, you might have to read one kept by someone else, if one is available. If you craft by guess and by gods, maybe you'll escape spreadsheets altogether. No-one makes you craft but those who do craft, when you do not, will make you pay for their goods. You can earn what you'd pay them with PvP, or you can wear the armor and use the weapons of your dead enemies as well. Perhaps if you're very good at stealing or killing you won't have to gather or craft. You might even find a guild that will support that life-style.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Sometimes, you just have to stand still in the middle of town with your head unarmoured, and a naked player armed with just a huge two-handed sledgehammer will try to sneak up behind you and bludgeon you to death in two or three hits.

It happened to me recently, but I evaded him just in time and the guards took care of him.

Of course, I came away with a brand new two-handed sledgehammer and learned to never stand still for too long with my head unarmoured even in town.

Reactions: Tzone

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
If you want pvp non stop just go play Mordhau. This is an mmorpg. Most of your time will be spent travelling, farming, gathering, crafting and interacting with players.
Pvp in this game is extrememly random. If you go look for it it can take hours to find. Otherwise you just wait for it to come to you. And it will eventually.
No, all you need is a weapon.

May 28, 2020
I think there will be guilds with efficient production who will be interested in people who only provide minimal compensation to get geared or even free altogether when it's not top notch stuff.