Thursar warcries/adrenaline buff suggestions

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
Thursar warcry - make it actually stack on Thursars, and make it stack harder than Oghmirs defense clade, because damage taken reduction>damage increase.

Since both clades are 10%, Oghmirs reduction of damage taken and Thursars increase of damage dealt - lets say 5 Thursars and 5 Oghmirs claded at the same time, and attacked each other - Oghmirs would reduce damage dealt to 50%, and Thursars would increase damage dealt by 50%. So Oghmirs take 50% of the damage, and Thursars deal 150% of the damage. That results, if 2 clades meet, Thursars dealing 75% of the damage to Oghmirs, meaning Oghmir clades not only neutralized Thursar ones, but completely overriden them and still reduce significant damage.

- Fix, while making Thursar clade stack on Thursars, make it unrestricted/stack linearly, up to 50% dmg increase with 5 clades unlike the other dmg reduction clades that are stronger, becauses same percentage reduction>increase as I explained above.

Thursar's Battle Cry - Make it simply stronger, 20 strenght is a mere 6% damage bonus increase, and that's it, warcry is not only stacking on teammates, but also stronger, which makes no sense. I dont see flaw in design, just make it stronger, make it add stamina for those few seconds, make it actually work on parry chip damage calculation, as right now it does not, I tested it and confirm it here - strenght increases chip damage you do, and 20 more would make for a decent increase, but it simply does not work for some reason.

So buff would cover those details like chip damage calculation, and instead of 20 raw strenght for 15 seconds, make it 60 raw strenght for 20 seconds.

60 strenght sounds scary, but I promise you it's not that big of a deal. It would result in 18% damage increase, which is respectable, as active clade gifts that are counterable by parry should be. Rock solid literally decreases damage by more than half, we tested it and it is not counterable. 90 hit does 40 damage. And it helps with potting/piping. Why should Thursar clades be so miniscule in comparison?

If you are scared to make it 60, make it 45 at least. 20 is incredibly underwhelming and this is the second worst active clade after the one I will mention below:

Adrenaline - The worst active clade in the game, I used to ask how long does it last, and how does it work, they said it was not even noticable and noone knew how long it lasts lol, as I heard Henrik say it will be tied to adrenaline system I will not comment much, as I dont know anything about that system. But I will give 2 suggestions, small one, that barely changes the clade, and one that I would prefer by a lot, but is a bit different.

First one - Swings simply do not drain stamina at all once adrenaline is activated, which allows character to move, as opposed to now.

Second one - make it either damage bonus, up to 8% based on missing HP, so if you are at 90% HP, you get 1% dmg bonus, if you are at 10%, you get 8%, its not much, and the average would be about 3-4% which is how much striker gives all the time, and Thursars should deal a bit more damage consistently, as right now they only outdamage Oghmirs by a mere 8% (for calculation, see my older post "Current state of footfighting meta - a focus on Thrusars and Oghmirs") It also fits the "adrenaline" narrative more in my opinion, people describe feats of strength, more often so than endurance, when adrenaline is at play.

I still advocate for a height buff, it should give more HP per point, while constitution should give less, not by much, which would result in Thursars, and other character with giant hitboxes that are a huge downside, at least have the HP to not flop in a millisecond. I did calculations, and increasing height HP bonus to 0.66instead of current 0.33, and decreasing constitution (an OP stat that is always maxed, gains stam, HP, armor weight snf carry weight) to 0.9 instead of 1, would result in Thursars/taller characters gaining a bit of HP, nothing trinkets cannot do, while Oghs and other races stay about the same which is needed in this meta, as most characters are min height, this is not that significant unless you are a Thursar or a Kallard, and as we know, both need buffs even after attribute point changes and adamant toggle. Those were not even close to fixing the big disbalance between them and the short guys meta.

Last edited: