Thursar buff suggestions, now that they are happening

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
I will not make a huge thread, I will cut straight to the points, the first point is the most important:

1. Survivability, in form of HP is needed to balance the fact that they have huge hitbox. If you give them 10% more survivability, they are still nowhere close to Oghmirs, but makes them clearly the second tankiest class which they should be. I have NEVER heard a random guy say "Thursars have a lot of HP or Thursars are tanky" even tho they are second tankiest class.

+15-20 HP if maxed out, mix of con/clades since you guys dont wanna buff size as a stat to give more HP, which is the best thing you can do.. Stout Thursar Kallard would have 230 HP instead of 215, Khurite Thursars have less HP than Veelas. BS.

Adamant toggle, you are doing it.
But also adamant healing reduction removed, RN adamant first form the meele buff is literally worse than having nothing in teamfight, same goes for Styganthrope.

Styganthrope removal of negative, very, very important. Oghmirs have stronger clades (pipe, armor, beerbelly) that also have no negatives meanwhile Thursars get weaker ones with negatives (adamant, styg)
20% healing reduction from teammates paired with Thursars overall vunerability due to huge hitbox and no significant increased HP from it compared to other races, makes them literally never worth to heal, so you see Thursars left to die by teammates, common practice. -30% from styg and adamant is BS. No other clade gets negatives.

Warcries need either massive buffs or reworks, and adrenaline clade should make all swings cost 0 stam, rather than make you able to swing while 0 stam, as you cant move.

Battle cry - from 20 str to 40 as rn its worse than warcry in every sense, it gives just 6% dmg bonus, which is worse than flat dmg addition. It adds nothing else, like parry chip dmg which it should, meanwhile Oghmirs get -50% dmg from rock solid. Give me a charge attack that does 100% more dmg it I dont move and Ill take it. (50% dmg reduction = 100% dmg increase in case you dont know math)

Warcry - lasts only 10 seconds, in this game this is nothing. And I heard it doesnt even stack with teammates.

And finally - make large lungs +10 stamina instead of +5 and thick skin +10 HP instead of +5. (the second one should be tied to con increase of risars to make Thursars tankier)

And last one is - lifesteal still works 25% on pets/AI, but works 50% on Players and Bosses. Because they have MUCH higher resistances and players parry, you usually get 15-30 heal from lifesteal every 2 and a half minutes, meanwhile pipe is 50 HP every 30 seconds, give me a break.

Thursars need survivability above all.

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
good balance. agree. Thursars are only good in duels atm. cant see other reasons
Even in outside 1v1s. Mages flop Thursars. Veelas control pace of the fight. Oghmirs contrary to popular opinion outsustain them and humans, well they can always bring pets/spells due to extra points. So its like why go Thursar. Adamant toggle and 10 more psyche wont do shit.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
h
Even in outside 1v1s. Mages flop Thursars. Veelas control pace of the fight. Oghmirs contrary to popular opinion outsustain them and humans, well they can always bring pets/spells due to extra points. So its like why go Thursar. Adamant toggle and 10 more psyche wont do shit.
a well trained human can flop thursars in 1 minute. just land 3 hits then finish off with DH or auwsurge

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
h

a well trained human can flop thursars in 1 minute. just land 3 hits then finish off with DH or auwsurge
Yeah. Thursars are good in only the most skill based thing where everyone can win - 1v1s 2v2s maybe 3v3s. Anything higher its like meta starts to creep in, and at 10v10 its already Oghmir or loss.