Thoughts on stamina system

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
I feel like stamina should be a bit more punishing in some ways and forgiving in others.

i think if a player raises their weapon their max stamina should very slowly decrease (over a period of about 5 minutes let’s say)

in combat I think stamina should be buffed to allow for long combat scenarios where your player is in a high Adrenalin state.

the catch would be that your maximum stamina would decrease fairly rapidly (especially without training)

again though during a fight your stamina would bebuffed so you would not feel the effects of the decrease until after the fight (let’s say a good 5-10 minutes of being out of combat.

We could have a separate meter that builds called exhaustion that is responsible for this.

Your ability to mitigate exhaustion would be based on stats and also your ability to rest up after a long fight can be effected by stats.

a fully exhausted person might need 20-30 minutes of resting/ eating/ just not running/ sprinting around with their weapons out swinging away before they get their max stamina back.

——

Why the suggestion?

I personally just feel like the current stamina degradation is too much of a minor issue while playing that it feels almost pointless.

also it would make it so battles could remain exciting through the whole fight instead of being beaten because you have slightly less stamina than a player which can feel a bit restrictive in a game with so much variety imo.

——
let me know what you think

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Yeah this game needs more stamina penalties and realism. Having to sit for 30 minutes after a fight sounds like a fantastic fucking idea lmao.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
Yeah this game needs more stamina penalties and realism. Having to sit for 30 minutes after a fight sounds like a fantastic fucking idea lmao.
Well only if the fight was a long one, and I am not suggesting anything to do with sitting, or at least not exclusively.

eating food could speed this up a great deal sitting yes, but also just walking instead of running could slowly take it up.

30 minutes was a rough outline for players who don’t manage the system at all.

more along the lines of saying that you would have to be more strategic about how you choose your fights.

I’m suggesting something that would add depth to the games stamina system not just crying out for “realism”

the current stamina debuts just feel half baked in my opinion. I can fight for hours without the need of rest and if I die I like like half a percent of my over all stamina.

right now it just feels pointless to even give a stamina debuff at all if it doesn’t effect the player for more than 6 seconds ever two hours…

you can get butt hurt about the suggestion like a brain dead dungus or you can actually engage with the conversation.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Well only if the fight was a long one, and I am not suggesting anything to do with sitting, or at least not exclusively.

eating food could speed this up a great deal sitting yes, but also just walking instead of running could slowly take it up.

30 minutes was a rough outline for players who don’t manage the system at all.

more along the lines of saying that you would have to be more strategic about how you choose your fights.

I’m suggesting something that would add depth to the games stamina system not just crying out for “realism”

the current stamina debuts just feel half baked in my opinion. I can fight for hours without the need of rest and if I die I like like half a percent of my over all stamina.

right now it just feels pointless to even give a stamina debuff at all if it doesn’t effect the player for more than 6 seconds ever two hours…

you can get butt hurt about the suggestion like a brain dead dungus or you can actually engage with the conversation.

I dont feel like engaging in a conversation about balancing with some idiot that just started the game and wants more braindead "realistic" stamina penalties.

Do you know why you can fight for hours without losing 80% of your stam bar to some dogshit exhaustion mechanic? Because its a fucking game lmao, its supposed to be fun first and foremost, this isnt a fucking marathon simulator.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
I dont feel like engaging in a conversation about balancing with some idiot that just started the game and wants more braindead "realistic" stamina penalties.

Do you know why you can fight for hours without losing 80% of your stam bar to some dogshit exhaustion mechanic? Because its a fucking game lmao, its supposed to be fun first and foremost, this isnt a fucking marathon simulator.

no Actually you don’t want to have a conversation because you aren’t mentally equip to hold an intelligent conversation.

I addressed what your dumb ass said, it’s not about realism dip shit it’s about giving the stamina more depth and creating something for groups to strategize around.

why should they let players walk or even run scum bag? It’s a game lets let people just teleport?

Oh and it’s a game so forget about swords and shields just making it so you click on them and their heads explode!

it’s called game design for a reason dick head meaning nothing is fun until you design for it to be so.

i Can understand if a person disagrees with my ideas and wants to give their thoughts on it but you’re just a rude punk and you should be treated like a rude punk

oh and make it single player too because like it’s easier cause you won’t die!! Cause it’s a game and no one wants to lose!

you get my point and your just a scum bag and I would appreciate it if you pissed off cause you just said you don’t want to engage in a conversation so you’re useless to the thread and useless to the forum too.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
no Actually you don’t want to have a conversation because you aren’t mentally equip to hold an intelligent conversation.

I addressed what your dumb ass said, it’s not about realism dip shit it’s about giving the stamina more depth and creating something for groups to strategize around.

why should they let players walk or even run scum bag? It’s a game lets let people just teleport?

Oh and it’s a game so forget about swords and shields just making it so you click on them and their heads explode!

it’s called game design for a reason dick head meaning nothing is fun until you design for it to be so.

i Can understand if a person disagrees with my ideas and wants to give their thoughts on it but you’re just a rude punk and you should be treated like a rude punk

oh and make it single player too because like it’s easier cause you won’t die!! Cause it’s a game and no one wants to lose!

you get my point and your just a scum bag and I would appreciate it if you pissed off cause you just said you don’t want to engage in a conversation so you’re useless to the thread and useless to the forum too.

Damn buddy, no need to get so upset just because your idea is dogshit.

A lot of nice and far-fetched stupid examples you gave aswell, keep it up!

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
Damn buddy, no need to get so upset just because your idea is dogshit.

A lot of nice and far-fetched stupid examples you gave aswell, keep it up!
Nah bro you’re a rude prick .

can’t control yourself either, asked you to piss off cause you don’t add to the conversation and you continue to prove that.

and to add insult to injury the so called far fetched ideas are easy to understand for a dumb ass.

I am bringing things down to the lowest common denominator for an arogabt dipshit is what I am doing.

I can given more detailed reasoning as to why your moron critique of “duuuuur game not real life duuuur” betrays how stupid you probably are but what do I stand to gain being respectful to a scum bag who has no respect for others clearly.

give it a break and go to another post a hole

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Nah bro you’re a rude prick .

can’t control yourself either, asked you to piss off cause you don’t add to the conversation and you continue to prove that.

and to add insult to injury the so called far fetched ideas are easy to understand for a dumb ass.

I am bringing things down to the lowest common denominator for an arogabt dipshit is what I am doing.

I can given more detailed reasoning as to why your moron critique of “duuuuur game not real life duuuur” betrays how stupid you probably are but what do I stand to gain being respectful to a scum bag who has no respect for others clearly.

give it a break and go to another post a hole

Oh dont get me wrong, your sad shit attempts to counter-act the realism statement are pretty easy to understand.

"Oh and it’s a game so forget about swords and shields just making it so you click on them and their heads explode! "

Its just such a shit example that its not even worth commenting, but since you have some kind of delusion that you are smart. Nobody would be playing this game if it was just clicking heads and teleportation, obviously there is a balance involved here but clearly you are too fucking stupid to understand the point. Its a fantasy game thats first person that pulled people in here, that does not mean the game needs dogshit cancer mechanics just because they are "realistic".

The last thing this game needs is any more penalties to stamina, on the contrary it sorely needs buffs to stamina, but then again if you werent new you would know that and not have made a stupid post like this so.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
Oh dont get me wrong, your sad shit attempts to counter-act the realism statement are pretty easy to understand.

"Oh and it’s a game so forget about swords and shields just making it so you click on them and their heads explode! "

Its just such a shit example that its not even worth commenting, but since you have some kind of delusion that you are smart. Nobody would be playing this game if it was just clicking heads and teleportation, obviously there is a balance involved here but clearly you are too fucking stupid to understand the point. Its a fantasy game thats first person that pulled people in here, that does not mean the game needs dogshit cancer mechanics just because they are "realistic".

The last thing this game needs is any more penalties to stamina, on the contrary it sorely needs buffs to stamina, but then again if you werent new you would know that and not have made a stupid post like this so.
No dude you came off like a prick is all that happened here.

Scum bag point about realism again isn’t worth much more than to simply tel you that you’re WRONG and have some wired pussy twinge and some queer notion on how mechanics are supposed to function while never showing any understanding of how systems are designed.

you’re straight up pathetic attempt to respond coherently to my hyperbolic break down on why your points are full of shit nonsense are a disgrace to yourself.

“duuuh game not fun if it was cookie clicker”

yeah numb nuts that statement was me mocking you.

because your stance on “game not real life duuuuur” is a fucking straight up joke.

you’re a joke actually att this point with how much you can’t just let it go and accept you came in here acting like an asshole.

oh and then I’m new here right so you better be a prick to anyone who comes in and notices/perceives a small problem in the game design or has some passing thoughts on how to improve it (I.e. stamina seems to be lacking in depth compared to many other systems.)

how many people have said the combat needs adjusting in review? You gonna go comment on all their videos too you loser?

fungal growths like you don’t possess the capability to speak about something without jumping to wild conclusions obviously but the point stands in the post and you personal hang ups about a person making a suggestion that your free to ignore don’t change the fact that stamina is shallow in the game.

Oh and also if I was really just a new person who hasn’t got enough experience maybe next time come in and use some of that experience to show some reasons it wouldn’t work in a respectful way instead of parking arrogant remarks like a punk and you’ll get more people on your side fat head

and Again piss off