This is controversial But warrants merit

Books bought with real life money?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I feel people should be able to buy books with real life money. Myrland is a simulation. Why cant a person sitting behind a desk, simulate walking over to a GM and handing them a hundred of gold from the players perspective. I can RP this plenty to not feel immersed-broken |||They are gods. Gods of wisdom and keepers of knowledge||| For all intents, the creators of games are gods from an RP perspective, in my mind 😚

In awesome games like this, GMs have a long tradition of participating not just moderating. They could make it a temple where copies of EVERY book lie. Hell, make it an instanced dungeon with ZERO xp or benifit. Portals magiks alreadies exists.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Do you mean for these books to read instantly or what do you mean for the point to be?

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
Im talking about a microtransaction for books, but with a skill ceiling. Mostly a mental skill ceiling :cautious:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Books are so cheap that unless you get something else with them, I doubt anyone would bother for any but the most rare and that would remove a part of the economy for those who would farm and sell them.

Reactions: Avenoma

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
In awesome games like this, GMs have a long tradition of participating not just moderating.

Making books a microtransaction seems not a part of that. Anyway, those could have negative impact in future, ppl dont like microtransactions.

I don't like microtransactions too. Especially if its a game with subscription.

Oh, and as I remember - GMs have been participating in some events in MO1. You could even get GM head at the tournament ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Avenoma

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Picked the only no option.

The only micro trans I could possibly get behind in mo would be things like sub and re-role tokens.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
This would benefit everyone but me.
-The new
-The creators
-The casuals
-The veterans b/c more casuals to kill 🤣 and goods to trade with :sneaky:
Everyone.
The only only 2 people it doesnt benift, are poeople that, years down the road, have a lot invested and noobs start perfecting the game.
So, old vets of MO2(not MO1)
And umm I forgot the 2nd, took me too long to articulate that first sentence :mad: