The Rhoast... Feedback/suggestions

Rhotan

Nov 19, 2023
@henrik You have created a game with the potential to establish itself with other greats such as Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online, and others of bygone eras. However, there are so many issues, you have failed at reaching that lofty status.

One thing... for me, is that the AI for mobs is HORRID. Mobs that run at angles constantly, run up sheer cliffs, even run up into the air. They reset frequently, even when damaged/engaged. Take sudden turns to go around trees and run up rocks that players cannot. It is trash as it is... breaking immersion and convincing me that all people from that region of the globe have been infected by some rare disease that alters DNA more in line with crabs than humans...

The AI needs to be worked to seem more natural instead of like they are interested in keistering my horse.

Now, let's touch on TC... FAIL. I hate the supply tower mechanics. Just love playing whack-a-mole all over the map. Waste of time and resources. Get rid of the towers by allowing SH's provide defense bonuses. Any SH in the keeps sphere of influence should provide defensive bonuses to the keep as well as structures within the SH's sphere of influence. Allow the supply storehouse to provide defense bonuses to the strongholds. No reduction over time... once it falls the bonus is gone.

Now... on that note... houses should not take a dozen manganons to destroy. Way too many hit points on houses. And, when it is destroyed.... it should be lootable. When a house or SH decays out... it should be lootable right then. It is stupid the way it is now. The owner has not only the upkeep to use as a buffer but the time it is decaying as well to add upkeer and rebuild.

Spiritism is another sore spot for me. You changed an integral part of a the game, changed it to be more group oriented content, and basically cut off a source of income for a lot of people. And, I would like to know who the individual was that held up their champagne glass and said 'This would be awesome as an effect in the ether!'... Thankfully, that was corrected. Tell me this, why do I have to cast a spell to banish something when my primary attack should do it anyway. Get rid of banish spirit and make it automatic for spiritists.

Necromancy... the pet control is cancer. Add a UI for pets that allows you to select individual pets and click attack so you can attack multiple targets. Maybe add a caster pet...

Mounted Archer.... thank you for adding more arrows. But, I would have been happier with a reload keybind. Seeing as how I cannot keep a bag open on the move (this needs to be fixed along with all the other inventory issues). I mean, how can I move too far away from a bag in my inventory? It is little things like this that really impact enjoyment of the game.

In closing, I believe you should remove your occipital lobes from your anal orifice. You may be able to achieve this by performing the following exercise...

1. Bend over and touch your toes.
2. Look rearward and count to 10.
3. Spontaneously return to the upright position and yell 'POP'.

Congratulations... you just pulled your head out of your bum. Fix your game and ascend to greatness...

~Rhotan~

• Haha
Reactions: CherryKush

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
@henrik You have created a game with the potential to establish itself with other greats such as Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online, and others of bygone eras. However, there are so many issues, you have failed at reaching that lofty status.

One thing... for me, is that the AI for mobs is HORRID. Mobs that run at angles constantly, run up sheer cliffs, even run up into the air. They reset frequently, even when damaged/engaged. Take sudden turns to go around trees and run up rocks that players cannot. It is trash as it is... breaking immersion and convincing me that all people from that region of the globe have been infected by some rare disease that alters DNA more in line with crabs than humans...

The AI needs to be worked to seem more natural instead of like they are interested in keistering my horse.

Now, let's touch on TC... FAIL. I hate the supply tower mechanics. Just love playing whack-a-mole all over the map. Waste of time and resources. Get rid of the towers by allowing SH's provide defense bonuses. Any SH in the keeps sphere of influence should provide defensive bonuses to the keep as well as structures within the SH's sphere of influence. Allow the supply storehouse to provide defense bonuses to the strongholds. No reduction over time... once it falls the bonus is gone.

Now... on that note... houses should not take a dozen manganons to destroy. Way too many hit points on houses. And, when it is destroyed.... it should be lootable. When a house or SH decays out... it should be lootable right then. It is stupid the way it is now. The owner has not only the upkeep to use as a buffer but the time it is decaying as well to add upkeer and rebuild.

Spiritism is another sore spot for me. You changed an integral part of a the game, changed it to be more group oriented content, and basically cut off a source of income for a lot of people. And, I would like to know who the individual was that held up their champagne glass and said 'This would be awesome as an effect in the ether!'... Thankfully, that was corrected. Tell me this, why do I have to cast a spell to banish something when my primary attack should do it anyway. Get rid of banish spirit and make it automatic for spiritists.

Necromancy... the pet control is cancer. Add a UI for pets that allows you to select individual pets and click attack so you can attack multiple targets. Maybe add a caster pet...

Mounted Archer.... thank you for adding more arrows. But, I would have been happier with a reload keybind. Seeing as how I cannot keep a bag open on the move (this needs to be fixed along with all the other inventory issues). I mean, how can I move too far away from a bag in my inventory? It is little things like this that really impact enjoyment of the game.

In closing, I believe you should remove your occipital lobes from your anal orifice. You may be able to achieve this by performing the following exercise...

1. Bend over and touch your toes.
2. Look rearward and count to 10.
3. Spontaneously return to the upright position and yell 'POP'.

Congratulations... you just pulled your head out of your bum. Fix your game and ascend to greatness...

~Rhotan~
You'd think with "40 developers" stuff like this would not take years to implement.

Rhotan

Nov 19, 2023
You'd think with "40 developers" stuff like this would not take years to implement.
I think that if it is a job worth doing.... it should be done right the first time. Especially with code, going back and changing something presents new issues which can result in issues far worse than what you wanted to change.

Reactions: CherryKush