The Myrland Map Feels Empty

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
Add more monster spawns.

SV has sized their map for 10k players. Yet they filled it with a pittance of resources, and spread those resources hilariously far apart from one another. Monsters, pickables, and minable resources are critically lacking on this map. There need be more spawn points. Sure, disperse resources might be more realistic, but it's deeply unfun and forces all people to be mounteds.

It's likely that someone will reply and point out that a contributing factor to the lack of resources is due to the high Steam release playercount, but keep in mind that Henrik's plan is for many more thousands of concurrent players to enjoy this map...which seems disastrous with the current resource spread. Another counterargument is that more mobs could further tax the servers, but Henrik stated in his recent livestream that monsters are not a cause of server issues because they are in a dormant state until a player approaches.

My understanding is that SV made the map so large on the assumption that players will fill it out with houses. Still, there is plenty of space for useful fauna, which will add even more incentive to build said houses.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
No thank you.

I like the adventure and sense of danger of actually having to go look for something on a quest. I don't want to exit my town with slippers on and coffee in hand and pick up the resources and head back into the comfy blue of my town.

Reactions: Llimiel

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Add more monster spawns.

SV has sized their map for 10k players. Yet they filled it with a pittance of resources, and spread those resources hilariously far apart from one another. Monsters, pickables, and minable resources are critically lacking on this map. There need be more spawn points. Sure, disperse resources might be more realistic, but it's deeply unfun and forces all people to be mounteds.

It's likely that someone will reply and point out that a contributing factor to the lack of resources is due to the high Steam release playercount, but keep in mind that Henrik's plan is for many more thousands of concurrent players to enjoy this map...which seems disastrous with the current resource spread. Another counterargument is that more mobs could further tax the servers, but Henrik stated in his recent livestream that monsters are not a cause of server issues because they are in a dormant state until a player approaches.

My understanding is that SV made the map so large on the assumption that players will fill it out with houses. Still, there is plenty of space for useful fauna, which will add even more incentive to build said houses.

Yeah, especially pickables. It might be my inner autist, but y'know fields of dile, whatever... it makes you feel like you can do SOMETHING. I really support random chests, too. All those ruins in the game that don't have a chest in them, that's pretty wack! NOT ONE CHEST. Not like a skeleton that you can loot an find something, nothing.

Take for example Yellow Cepa, which can actually make pretty nice stam food, it picks as though it's Finol and there is such a tiny amount of it, you can't gather any worthwhile amount. You're better off picking BOR than you are picking cepa. Cepa used to sell on broker! Like I said, they need to get out the pickable paintbrush and put some stuff in these huge empty fields, put some fun stuff on mountaintops, interesting creatures, chests, pickables...

And yea priests are def lacking. I hate dying in jungle and ending up ported back to the priest outside of Bakti, it's like FUHHH.

I've noticed an increase in bush pigs, and I think that's what they mean when they say "added more creature spawns." haha, I remem saying that on a vid... ohh do we love bush pigs. The map could honestly use A FEW MORE HORSE SPAWNS. If donkeys are not in the game, throw up some more mongrels.

Of all the things that Mo1 had that Mo2 doesn't, the least excusable thing is lack of interactive content on the map (imo.)

I will say again, the amount of places you can go (and draw distance isn't great, but it's pretty good) and do a full 360 turn and not see anything... is inexcusable. Even with houses, it's stupid. Cuz those houses are probably gonna crush some of the spawns and then there is gonna be LESS stuff.

(1000+ more words raging.)

@ Belegar, pre-walls I would go to pick carrots because carrots were a high tier food ingredient. I would come across Drakon and uh... forgot what the other herb was, but some other high tier herb, and that bushy stuff you picked in the snow. Be like ohh, pick, pick. You'd be around tindrem and see gamun, you'd see horses, there was dile on the ground, there were fields of grain.

If MO1 was wallless and not shutting down, I would go around and make a vid and show people how much more stuff there was. It wasn't all valuable stuff, but it wasn't... wolf brush and bush pigs, which is basically the majority of stuff you come across.

Even if you go around outside and walk, you're gonna see sticks on the ground, leaves, etc. There are all sorts of flowers in MO that are un-pickable that look like they should be. They are just dummy environmental stuff.

haha still trying to think what the blueberry bush stuff was :eek: As a cook, I was trying to gather everything I could.

Edit: and I don't think this is by design, it's just laziness. Like I said get out the pickable paintbrush, add some mobs, add some chests, ez. People really think there are gonna be too many pickables when some of these pickables were actually VENDOR stuff?

Reactions: Hooves

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I think there should be a buffer zone around towns where little to no mobs spawn but then when you get Into the wild there should be many more spawn locations.
Wolf and bear dens would be cool as well as travelling herds.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
With the instancing the world will feel even more deserted, 90% of it is empty filler space anyway like the MorinKhur valley entrance

Reactions: Hooves

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Add more monster spawns.

Yeah its bad, some areas are deserted af and not even worth going to. Shit is feeling really empty before launch.

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
No thank you.

I like the adventure and sense of danger of actually having to go look for something on a quest. I don't want to exit my town with slippers on and coffee in hand and pick up the resources and head back into the comfy blue of my town.
I don't understand the 'No thank you' remark as I don't see how this is a counterargument. Adding more resources in clusters far from towns would do much to resolve this emptiness issue. This would also still require an 'adventure' to get resources.

Reactions: Finnley

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
The whole point of limited resources is to promote more conflict over them. Maybe try some more pvp and contest valuable resources ? This will require grinding rep for the local priest nationality which I agree is trash but that's their design intent however shitty they have implemented it.

Feb 4, 2022
San Diego, CA
Add more monster spawns.

Personally, I think the opposite is really the problem. Like others have mentioned here, certain towns seem to be in such close proximity to valuable nodes and resources that it really diminishes the capacity for conflict over resources. For instance, Vadda is one such town that feels very overly-patrolled by Legion members.

From what I heard, almost every resource/node has 3-4 guild members guarding at all times. This leads to monopolies which will prove to be a stranglehold to the general economy in the long run. So, I really think that there should be fewer resources in close proximity to towns. Sparse resources should be available but to truly encourage travel and conflict, the developers should work on diversifying the landscape of resource distribution across the map. I think this will make the game more interesting from a base gameplay and social interaction standpoint.

To your point, I agree that the wilderness should be more populated with monster spawns, resource nodes, migratory herds, etc. Additionally, I think it would be a really neat feature if each of the regions had biome-specific resources. This may require adding new types of resources and materials that were not in the original game. However, with the condition of the servers at this moment, adding any of this may put additional strain on the network infrastructure of the game.

Overall, I think this is a great point that could really stand to benefit the long-term replayability of the game. Despite that, it may be best to focus on stabilizing the servers first before redesigning the map.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Resources atm cant hold for 10 active players per area. Area should then be big enough for hundreds instead.