The Grossly Imbalanced Resources of Myrland

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
I’m curious about peoples opinions on this factor. It has been a long established ‘feature’ of MO that resources are bottle necked behind control points in Myrland. I used to think that this was an error of design for MO1 that would be improved in MO2, but the opposite is true, it has gotten worse.

1. First and foremost, those who control the NE control cron and ogh, which are the most tactical assets in the game.

2. Toxai has the best fishing in the game, also controlled by those who hold the northeast. Easiest thing in the world to shut down MK and Toxai, and you don’t need TC to do it.

3. Plentiful Blackwood in Toxai, brown wood not too far to the south, also controlled by the NE power.

4. Scarce books and deeds are or will be placed in NE as well.

For the south, it has isolation, brown wood, and some fishing. The west doesn’t have a damn thing. So the whole game is predicated around the struggle to hold the NE keeps. This will create massive dead zones of little player activity, especially considering the size of this new map.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
It is the same mistakes of mo1, and not even addressed at this point. At least have the southwest part of the map or somewhere nearby have stuff for making higher end materials so that theres at least somewhat of a chance for a different group to get stuff going.

The only notable things about the west are the large amount of horse spawns and jadeite from saburra is a poor mans steel. you can fish up snapping turtles in the west as well but thats definitely getting changed.

A personal gripe I have about the map is how much of it is the khurite firmwood forests, with only small amounts of other spots at least having different stuff.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
The west doesn’t have a damn thing.

Meduli's alchemical paradise, ironbone, ironwood, plenty of saburra, desert horses and other tameables etc etc etc. Visit MK area one day if you need a reality check, meet all the filthy rich people in full tungsteel.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
You are thinking too short! As @Tashka wrote before, Meduli is nice for alchemists, but because of the distance to the jungle (and Salvia and some other materials) also e.g. Bakti is a nice place to live. We don't know which fishes will be placed at the southern coast. Please don't believe the current fish spots are all we get! With release many many other spots will be activated, spots with fishes, spots with other materials (there are some plants on Myrland in MO1 which are not existing yet!). There are animals in MO1 which are not in the game yet, e.g. Lykiators in the jungle and Bull Horses (ok, north-east). Very good animals for beast master live in the jungle, e.g. the Terrorbird.

You are right with Chronite or Oghmium for foot fighters. But do you know the location of the Oghmium book vendor in MO1? It's the southern coast near jungle camp and nothing in the north-east. Mage armor is made from scales, mages don't care about chronite and oghmium.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Yeah imagine having the ability to recreate the map from scratch and not even attempting to change it up and allocate resources and such in much better places to make the entire world worth living in and fighting for.

The South will have its population, but for me it has always been more of a "lets go down there for a couple days to get resources and bring it back to the North without needing to return for a few months". Or to do a sator dungeon ofc. Point is...it could use more incentive to want to actually live there and lay claim.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I don't believe it's a mistake I believe it's a design choice to make the NE side of the map the place to fight over.

Reactions: Goremor

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This will create massive dead zones of little player activity, especially considering the size of this new map.

This will create an environment where there is a soft but sustainable place to live (SE), I mean, ID held the game didn't they lol. Think about that. That's why it hurts so bad.

It's weird. I don't agree with the choice but it also does give the tryhards a place to try hard, whoever has the better argument for the people in the game who actually pvp all of the time and don't have time for politics is going to win the war. It becomes opposite sides on that level and they play for keeps. No pun ofc.

Reactions: Favonius Cornelius

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Yeah imagine having the ability to recreate the map from scratch and not even attempting to change it up and allocate resources and such in much better places to make the entire world worth living in and fighting for.

The South will have its population, but for me it has always been more of a "lets go down there for a couple days to get resources and bring it back to the North without needing to return for a few months". Or to do a sator dungeon ofc. Point is...it could use more incentive to want to actually live there and lay claim.
First of all: there are plenty of guilds that lay claim on the South. Even MohKi got it's own guilds. It's just more cozy down there, which has it's own charm. I therefore like it more than the overcrowded northern city.

Second: I think it's the intention of SV to make the south feel more remote and something to explore. Especially with the jungle where you will get easily lost the first time you enter it.

Regarding "resources". The Jungle got so much potential for making money. Horned Scales and different carapace, which are IMHO the best materials for hybrids, Incisium, Sator Dungeon, the only(?) veteran fishing vendor, vendors for different material lores, Advanced Creature Control and Beastmastery. Those books sell for at least 2x it's vendor price in Tindrem. The cheap ones e. g. Ironbone Lore costs only 50s but can be sold for 10g.

I don't get it why a large part of the population lives in the North and not in the South!

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
First of all: there are plenty of guilds that lay claim on the South. Even MohKi got it's own guilds. It's just more cozy down there, which has it's own charm. I therefore like it more than the overcrowded northern city.
Sure, but there is a reason the best PvP guilds always live in the North. That reason is resources. Some guilds like it more "cozy" and laid back in the south and that's fine, but my point still stands.

Regarding "resources". The Jungle got so much potential for making money. Horned Scales and different carapace, which are IMHO the best materials for hybrids, Incisium, Sator Dungeon, the only(?) veteran fishing vendor, vendors for different material lores, Advanced Creature Control and Beastmastery. Those books sell for at least 2x it's vendor price in Tindrem. The cheap ones e. g. Ironbone Lore costs only 50s but can be sold for 10g.

I don't get it why a large part of the population lives in the North and not in the South!
Yes. Vendors. The place you go to get a book and ghost back to your hometown in the North or ride back to Tindrem to sell. As I said, it's a place you go to get books or do a sator dungeon and leave. Same goes for the scales, you go and butcher for a few days and haul it back home.

You can argue against me all you want, but I'm advocating for more value to the south and especially the southeast that makes some of the dominate PvP guilds want to control.

The South is in the Bone Age while the North is in the Oghmium Age.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
I’m curious about peoples opinions on this factor. It has been a long established ‘feature’ of MO that resources are bottle necked behind control points in Myrland. I used to think that this was an error of design for MO1 that would be improved in MO2, but the opposite is true, it has gotten worse.

1. First and foremost, those who control the NE control cron and ogh, which are the most tactical assets in the game.

2. Toxai has the best fishing in the game, also controlled by those who hold the northeast. Easiest thing in the world to shut down MK and Toxai, and you don’t need TC to do it.

3. Plentiful Blackwood in Toxai, brown wood not too far to the south, also controlled by the NE power.

4. Scarce books and deeds are or will be placed in NE as well.

For the south, it has isolation, brown wood, and some fishing. The west doesn’t have a damn thing. So the whole game is predicated around the struggle to hold the NE keeps. This will create massive dead zones of little player activity, especially considering the size of this new map.
What dude, the most op is deff the south Meduli and Vadda.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

IMO it's more active in south, haha. They need to add Lyks back and Soph cooking then S will truly be my spot again. I do like the chill aspect tho. People are kinda more serious though on the other hand, like you can just kill someone in a lot of towns and be talking about it afterwards, but in Bakti that shit is a major offense that needs to be examined. That's why I REALLY WANT REP to be in the player's hands cuz rep works differently different places, no system is gonna work that way.

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
Just to clarify the biggest guilds live in the north* because MO2 is more of a game of numbers and gear, that isn't to say fighting outnumber isn't possible.

But I can remember the entire server essentially attempting to work together against Wigs, DRED, QUAD, and LC.. 4 guilds which worked together because each was being met with 80+ man groups.