The game need more freedom in the keybinding options. (Update: Herrick confirmed that in his Stream)

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I tested the Beta during the stresstest and It drove me crazy during the beta, that the directional attacks could not be intervened.
I wanted to make a left swing if i turn my mouse to the right site, and make a right swing if i turn my character to the left site. In Mortal Online this option was avalible.
I could only find the option to intervene the x and y ax.

You can get used to it, but what really bothered me is the lack of freedom in the keybindings regarding the block mechanics.
There is only the option to bind a single key for blocking. That's not enough for me to feel comfortable. It should be possible to bind a key for the left block, a key for the right block and a key for the middle block individually.

I want to be able to bind left block on Q, right block on E and middle block on right mouse.

There is an option to put the block on the movement keys, but that's big crap. It is not possible to strave left and block on the right in this way. That restricts your freedom of movement to such an extent and spoils the fun of fighting for me. I want to be able to turn left and make a right blow and strave to the left and block on to the right site.

I hope Sebastian Person will fix that. Nobody is forced to bind 3 Keys for blocking but i want this freedom and it take less then 5 Minutes to make this option avalible.
For me this option is essential to enjoy the fights.
This lack of freedom in the key assignments was one of the points that bothered me most about Mortal online 1.

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“
In games such as Battlefield you can set all sorts of things. I'm not an archer, but I think it would be good if you can adjust the mouse sensitivity for looking right and left more quickly than for looking up and down.
Many people playing shooting games and find such options important to their aiming.

A friend I played the beta with said this would be important for him.
He played a mounted archer in MO1

I'm the type of gamer who needs to feel as comfortable as possible when i´m playing a game. I always take half an hour to adjust the options exactly to my well-being, and it bothers me extremely if i don´t have tge freedom to do so.

The beta seemed to be doing pretty well and the graphics looked nice. The server was only restarted once during my playing time.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The most comfortable i would feel if i would have a mouse with thump mouse buttoms and the following Key Bindings

left block = Mouse buttom 1
right block = Mouse buttom 2
mid block = right mouse click look down
upper block = right mouse click look up

left swing = Q
rigth swing = E
Overhead = left mouse look up
Steb = left mouse look down

Feint i would like to have bound on right mouse

Hitting the right mouse buttom during a swing should cancel a swing. Pressing it two times should result in a block, if you hit right mouse buttom during a swing a second time.

That is better as to hit left controll to cancel an attack. Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“I hope the developer will make that possible.

I am possibly a bit more demanding with the key binding options than most players, but not only I want to feel as comfortable as possible,
to hold my own in battles as well as possible. I feel limited in my options and my full potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zbuciorn

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
i would agree but it could be intended from SV to not let you bind instant block/attack on extra keys so its more "realstic" and in some ways more difficult.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
ah the famous Pimmeludo (penis Udo)! it looks like the anabolics have set you in a wheelchair so you need some extras!

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
We have 2 possebilitys to block. The strave left or strave right method and the look left or right method for directional blocking.
Both options are bad, and restrict freedom of movement. With the first Method, we can not strave right and block left and with the second method you can´t look left and block right. This make it very hard to fight 2 opponents. Sometimes you have to look left what the opponent is doing and block right.

Plz add the Option Universal Block for Players that want to use the current directional blocking system and the option Advanced Blocking which grey out the option universal Blocking and allow you to bind 3 different Keys for the directional blocks.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Speznat

AnabolicRage

Aug 31, 2020
This is why I loved fluid blocking in MO1. It made it to where you did not have to unclick then click again. You could right click hold and move in whatever direction you wanted to block. IMO that helped out quite a bit when it came to reaction time for me. I asked Henrik if they had plans to implement fluid blocking and he did not know RIP

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
But with this mouse movement method you could not turn left and block right, becuase you would always block left using this method. if you fight 2 opponents, as this guy in the video, you need to stand still and cant turn and watch your back and block properly while moving. Both mechanics for blocking are bad, and it is nearly impossible to fight 2 opponents, esecially if someone comes from behind. You need to be able to look arround where you want and block in the direction in which you want to block at the same time.
The blocking mechanic is gamebreaking imo, if we cant select 3 different keys for the different blocks.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
You could write a macro that let you look for 1 ms to the left and block, to perform a left block on left thump mouse buttom, but this is not how the game shoudl work, that you have to write a macro, to feel c
comfortable with the settings, that should be avalible by default in the settings.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
people coming from games like chivalry will complain exactly about this because they are used to have every single attack on different keys like the mouse wheel which gives you the free look around. additional in MO you have 4 block directions which makes mouse-blocking the best method imo. there is still the problem that you want 4 fingers on WASD and SHIFT all the time.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The best avalible option, but still bad.

If you could bind left Block = Thump mouse buttom 1
right block = Thump mouse buttom 2
Mid block = Alt + right mouse
Overhead Block = right mouse

you could turn left and block right. you could strave left and block right. you could look down and make an overhead block. This would result in freedom of movement.

Players who rather want to use the 2 avalible options for blocking could choose universal blocking in the options.
If you click on advanced blocking, this option could be grayed out and the game could show up left block, right block, mid block and overhead block in the options, which can be assigned to different keys.

Reactions: Bernfred

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I would prefer to have this options for the swings aswell. left swing on Q, and rigth swing on E, Overhead on Alt + E or if you hold down the middle mouse. Would this make the blocking system too easy ? I think not, becuase you still have to block in the right directions, but it give you a slightly higher chance to beat 2 players and the combat system wouldn't feel clunky anymore.

In every good sword game, a good player must be able to defeat 2 players, if they not play perfectly. To make this possible, you need get a lot of parrys, to get fast counter hits, because you not have much time, inbetween their attacks, or you not stand a chance, if you not use the environemt to your advantage and climb up roofs and try to knock one of the opponents down the roof, to separate them, as you can do it in kranesh.

In addition a perfect block, in the right time, should cost less stamina.

In this vid you can see, how you could use the environment to your advantage, but i don´t want to hang out in Kranesh.

you have to keep in mind, that the player crafted weapons will do more damage, as the weapons used in the beta.

Last edited:

AnabolicRage

Aug 31, 2020
I would prefer to have this options for the swings aswell. left swing on Q, and rigth swing on E, Overhead on Alt + E or if you hold down the middle mouse. Would this make the blocking system too easy ? I think not, becuase you still have to block in the right directions, but it give you a slightly higher chance to beat 2 players and the combat system wouldn't feel clunky anymore.

In every good sword game, a good player must be able to defeat 2 players, if they not play perfectly. To make this possible, you need get a lot of parrys, to get fast counter hits, because you not have much time, inbetween their attacks, or you not stand a chance, if you not use the environemt to your advantage and climb up roofs and try to knock one of the opponents down the roof, to separate them, as you can do it in kranesh.

In addition a perfect block, in the right time, should cost less stamina.

In this vid you can see, how you could use the environment to your advantage, but i don´t want to hang out in Kranesh.

you have to keep in mind, that the player crafted weapons will do more damage, as the weapons used in the beta.
Reference fighting two people at the same time that was how I felt with the fluid blocking mechanic. Your able to hold it down if your constantly getting smacked and move with faster reaction time. Long enough at least to start kiting. I hope blocking mechanics are fixed and they add more options. I know for me at least blocking a poke and overhead seems like a pain in the ass. Often times too I move in one direction and it won't register for whatever reason.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Update : Henrick confirmed in the Stream at 01.02.30 , that they have talked about the option to bind swings and the different blockdirections on separate keys

https:// www.twitch.tv /videos/897190244

Now i am very happy ! Thx a lot, for listening to the feedback ! This will improve the combat a lot !!!!!!

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
i really like that changes !
SV have improved the combat ! Here the link of the dinamic swing system. Viknuss have deavtivated to show his vids on different Websides, for whatever reasons, so you have to click to watch the video on youtube. The fast swings do less damage, and should deal more damage, but should maybe only be used once, after a charged swing, or a canceled charged swing with Alt, to do a 2 Swing combo, but not all the time, to be able to spam combos. All a thing of adjustment. I love to see that SV is trying out things, to improve the combat. https:// youtu.be/QaQj9vlkwMA?t=4360 @ 1.12.34

As i told Henrick confirmed, that we will be able to bind the different block directions on different keys, so we will be able to react much faster, if someone do a combo, to properly parry it, to get a counter, without execution errors ! This is necessary, if you can do combos now. That are promising changes. We will be able to react faster against faster swings, and this will result in a more dynamic combat system.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Feedback to the new feature. (Overhead Thrust attack bound on seperate Keys)

We can now bind Thrust attack and Overhead attack on different Keys, but it force you to look down and block, to perform a mid Block. We can´t hold down the Key we bound for Thrust attack + right mouse, becuase it would charge a Thrust attack. Imo Alt + right mouse should still work to perform a mid block,
independently of the Key we bound for Thrust attack.

Spear Users will try to get behind you and it is bad, if you cant press a Key + right mouse to make a mid block. I love this new mechanic, but it can only be used, if we will be able to bind the block directions on separate Keys aswell, or if we can Bind a Key for mid Block.

If a spear used want to get behind you, you need to look left or right and follow him with your mouse. It´s a pain in the ass, to look down and hold the right mouse, to perform a mid block. This way you get imput errors.