The Game isn't Ready [Poll]

Should they delay persistence (Full release)?

• Total voters

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
Now youre leaving drama queen territory and becoming a little hysterical.......haha only joking around.

But i do hear you and yes ive read everything, i just dont agree with most of it.

I still believe that as long as its made clear to everyone its Early Access and not the full game then it can go ahead without many features like mounts, housing etc.
Joshuil, mate. You give WAY too much credit to the average person, let alone the average gamer.

No matter how much you post "early access" that does not mean people will put up with it forever, or even for a long time, or even for a little while.

In most people's minds "early access" means it is in that status for two maybe three months tops.

The average person is dumb, and half of the population is even dumber than that, do not be naive in "disagreeing with most" of what people have to say, they say it out of love and cynicism, jaded by all the broken promises of MO1. Hopefuly that MO2 in Unreal 4 can realize all the dreams that technical limitiations inhibited.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hooves

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Joshuil, mate. You give WAY too much credit to the average person, let alone the average gamer.

No matter how much you post "early access" that does not mean people will put up with it forerver, or even for a long time, or even for a little while.

In most people's minds "early access" means it is in that status for two maybe three months tops.

The average person is dumb, and half of the population is even dumber than that, do not be naive in "disagreeing with most" of what people have to say, they say it out of love and cynicism, jaded by all the broken promises of MO1. Hopefuly that MO2 in Unreal 4 can realize all the dreams that technical limitiations inhibited.

It's just 100% true. A lot of vets, PvP or not, want the game to be GOOD not suited towards them. Bias here, bias there; there's always going to be bias in opinion unless what is stated is factual / objective.

I don't waste my time on here because I want a game for 'me and my friends', I do it because I want a game that'll encourage others to play it. Launching into EA with what I've seen thus far is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from me. There is way too much wrong and to little to do.

We'll see through out this month what changes.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I think TC is very important for the release. Without TC there is actual no point to the game.
Having the other features toward TC is also important ( Resource, Dungeon, Animals and others)

Magic and Thief is quite important too...

Reactions: Svaar

Pierre

Sep 7, 2020
The game should not be delayed. Many of the core features are in the game and indoubtedly the game will receive significant content updates and polishing over the month to come. Of course there may be some features that will be missing on launch such as new continents, certain siege mechanics, and some mobs, though that can be developed progressively post-launch.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Sorry, I will firmly disagree with that statement as this hasn't happened "yet" to MO2.

It will. And it's going to happen if they release tomorrow or 2025. Niche MMOs AND early access MMOs both get bombed to hell by people like those lovely posters on MMORPG.com just looking for the next polished fully finished WoW Clone.

If you're expecting to see anything better than "Mixed Reviews" prepare yourself for disappointment because even that is a lofty goal for an early access niche MMO.

A lot of people who make up this game's target audience have also learned to pretty much ignore reviews though. I literally started doing my own reviews because I found MMORPG.com's to be so shallow and worthless. Figured other people might appreciate the fact I break games down into important elements like stability, challenge, innovation, and immersion rather than spending the whole review whining about bugs or some other singular aspect of gameplay.

Very few people who like to go with the flow are going to give an indie, full loot PvP, sandbox MMO a try in the first place.

Last edited:
  • Love

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
I am very concerned with the time it is going to take to acquire materials in a map this big, even WITH mounts. People were put off the original for the same reason. I would like to try a persistent world with mounts and more fauna spawns/types with a wipe even before a public release. That's the only way for sure I'm going to be able to confidently say that the games ready. Once we can test the difficulty of being able to test combat.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I am very concerned with the time it is going to take to acquire materials in a map this big, even WITH mounts. People were put off the original for the same reason. I would like to try a persistent world with mounts and more fauna spawns/types with a wipe even before a public release. That's the only way for sure I'm going to be able to confidently say that the games ready. Once we can test the difficulty of being able to test combat.

Honestly, that's perhaps the feature I am most excited about, the map is pretty large, some of the resources are very localized, and the banking is localized. I feel the speed at which you could traverse the entire map in MO1 once you had mounts really hurt traders as a profession. Traders are going to be huge in MO2 early on and perhaps going forward even. I think the effort required to move goods from town to town is a tad ridiculous when we can't load down a donkey but at least we can be happy there will be plenty of demand to have goods moved from place to place.

Going to be a lot of coin in it for people who can predict demand and get goods to the places they are needed safely.

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
Honestly, that's perhaps the feature I am most excited about, the map is pretty large, some of the resources are very localized, and the banking is localized. I feel the speed at which you could traverse the entire map in MO1 once you had mounts really hurt traders as a profession. Traders are going to be huge in MO2 early on and perhaps going forward even. I think the effort required to move goods from town to town is a tad ridiculous when we can't load down a donkey but at least we can be happy there will be plenty of demand to have goods moved from place to place.

Going to be a lot of coin in it for people who can predict demand and get goods to the places they are needed safely.
Mistake me not I am also exited, just need to wait and see about fauna density, travel time and how long it takes to acquire certain things. We'll only be able to see that once the world goes persistent. I personally have no issue if things take longer, I simply fear it will turn away the masses of this day and age who like quick progression and well go down to the same population in MO1 but on a larger map. Just have to wait and see :)

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I feel like their intent is to start this off small and grow it. When you're saying your a month out from early access that's usually within the timeframe a lot of games would start heavily investing into ads but I'm not sure there are any Mortal Online ads out at the moment. I feel like their plan is to launch with as little fanfare as possible and keep the game to mostly the dedicated fanbase. Then start to slowly grow it over time.

I have my reservations about this plan. I think the Steam launch is going to draw attention anyway and that people might be less likely to join later launches if there are already a bunch of high-level characters running around with half the map claimed. But on the other hand, I know if they launch tomorrow I'll play it and have fun. There is plenty to be doing to build up and get stronger, and it is all feel more meaningful when the game is persistent. I think the early launch is them throwing a bone to the core audience of the game.

We'll see how it all pans out.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I think the early launch is them throwing a bone to the core audience of the game.

Yeah, I'm all for that, as long as it doesn't involve a sub. If EA is for their hardcore fans and truly gaining broader feedback, charging a sub for that seems like not a great idea (unless it's a heavily reduced price).

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Yeah. I'm in not huge rush. There are a lot of benefits to playing the alpha right when you can go and grab a 10k stack of tungsteel from a barrel next to the crafters and you have most your skills at 100 upon login. Every patch they add I'm leaning things that I know would be much harder to learn post-release so the main reward I want from sticking around at this point is regular patches that add new things for me to test.

I think their concern though is also that probably less people are subbed to MO1 when they know it will be lights-out at some point and there is a new/enhanced game to play around with. So as much as they're throwing a bone to us in that if we get in now we get a head start on character development and resources acquisition... I doubt they're going to throw us that bone for free. I think they need the money people will be willing to pay for the first chance to latch onto that bone.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
No, it's an indicator that it's not finished and they don't want you to reach it.
I came across what looked to be a cave entrance in my travels recently. It was blocked off near the opening with boulders but upon looking up I could clearly see a gaping hole with interiors beyond.

Seems to me that they're going with hidden places all over the world in this new iteration of Myrland. I for one enjoy finding and exploring these places.

Reactions: Vagrant

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
it does feel early for the game. BUT, they are adding stuff real fast. We'll see, but I'm an optimist I think they will surprise many with how fast they plop in major systems in the coming weeks.
They added 3 towns along with a plethora of other fixes, additions and changes all in one patch back in the dot-97 release. All within about 1.5 weeks or so if I remember correctly.

This shows to me that they have a pretty big team working behind the scenes to crank out all this new content seemingly in record time. Either that, or they're chaining a skeleton crew to their desks 24/7 and feeding them instant noodles. I would imagine the former is true.

BlackOpsy

Dec 4, 2020
I personally really enjoy the melee combat. I don't think it needs to be any faster or changes until: We see what larger groups with archers, magic etc will bring in kill speed. I do feel they need at launch:
0: melee, archery, magic (at least basic magic)
1: mounts
2: crafting
3: some pve
4:building

The reason I want MAGIC at launch or part of it is: In darkfall people got GIMPED once they started enabling more schools down the line. You were a powerful melee person, next day months after launch you are not viable cuzz of more magic schooles.

Reactions: Sirsancho

a.out

May 28, 2020
3.) Game is super unoptimized and there have yet been more options to be added to the graphics options for better control and FPS gain. We need a resolution quality, shadows disabled, and anti-aliasing disabled option. This will overall improve FPS in nearly all clients unless you're one of these guys running an RTX 3080 on a super CPU.
You should absolutely not be able to disable Foliage and Shadows for quite obvious reasons.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
So, why is so terrible if some materials are scarce at the beginning because of the lack of mounts?

I mean you can make basic armors and weapons fairly quickly without those. The first stack of steel would be a pretty big archivement in the time without mounts.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
You should absolutely not be able to disable Foliage and Shadows for quite obvious reasons.

Didn't say foilage so don't include it as some kind of 'package' I put out. I said resolution quality, anti-aliasing, and shadows. Shadows do nothing to hide or obscure anyone or anything. If you think otherwise you're crazy.

Reactions: Vagrant

a.out

May 28, 2020
Didn't say foilage so don't include it as some kind of 'package' I put out. I said resolution quality, anti-aliasing, and shadows. Shadows do nothing to hide or obscure anyone or anything. If you think otherwise you're crazy.
I included that to exemplify the meaning of my stance. Shadows is the same category: ensure equal footing for all players. This is Henriks stated goal and I absolutely approve. Props like this can and will be used for hiding purposes.

WYSIWYG consistency. It is part of the game.