The Criminal gray status should last longer.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Simple put this status doesn't last long enough. It too ez to kill someone literally inches from a town hide in a bush for 2 mins than walk back into town after murdering someone completely risk free. IMO after attacking someone for the next 20-30 mins you should be gray, 2 mins is just too short and too forgiving. As it stand I just quit the beta cause I went in the sewers yesterday in tind got murdered literally inches from the entrance the moment I entered by 3 people, than I went to go mine rocks got murdered again by 10 people the moment I walked out of the gate guards aggro range, than just now today I got on my horse and went to Fab to buy the heavy armor skill book, I got stuck in a rock for 40 mins had a GM TP me out (thanks for the help with that GM appreciate the time you put into helping people) just to than instantly be murder right in front of Fab by 2 more people, and by the time I got to the priest to rez my self the people who killed me were already blue again inside the town at the bank.

As it stand there to much PKing in this beta, and not enough punishment for PKing. I'm done with this Beta I'll try the game at launch in Jan, but if the PKing stays this bad and the Criminal system isn't more punishing than I'm not going to stay with this game. It too ez to murder people inches from the town than instantly store the loot you took from them risk free, even in the open world it too ez to get away with murder. Even if you kill someone in the open world loot their stuff and start heading to town chances are by the time you've even moved 300m your back to being blue again being protected by the criminal system and no one walking by you will know what you just did.

Last edited:

Euriloco

Sep 6, 2021
maybe you are correct, perhaps keep this sytem the same but allow for the person who was murdered to see the guy as grey for the next 30minutes and allowing him.her to fight him still. in towns it would allow a 1v1 and no other gang member would be able to infringe or they would go grey and be killed.

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
Sorta agree, crim timer should go away but they should remain local grey to the player for much longer.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
maybe you are correct, perhaps keep this sytem the same but allow for the person who was murdered to see the guy as grey for the next 30minutes and allowing him.her to fight him still. in towns it would allow a 1v1 and no other gang member would be able to infringe or they would go grey and be killed.
But then ud just die again if ur gild cant help. I think the whole guild should see them as gray if ur gonna make it last 30min. Bc the clown that kills u could just be going the other way from you. So youll never see him again. But if you cry to your boyfriends in guild chat maybe they have a chance to catch up to them.

Also the mind set of the killer is just gonna walk in town 100% of the time is simple minded. So your 1v1 comment is not thought out. Bc if I kill someone near a town, the last thing im doing is going right to that town. Im go fishing for a bit or something. and lay low.

Euriloco

Sep 6, 2021
yes it crossed my mind that, he might not go back to town, the main problem it came across here in the original post was simply that by the time you got back on your 2 feet, the murderer was already banking your stuff.
So in the scenario where the murderer, is not going to town because he knows you and your boy friends are going to be all over him, then it will allow for you to create a band of brothers and go for a hunt, he will still have your loot because he had no balls to go and bank it.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
yes it crossed my mind that, he might not go back to town, the main problem it came across here in the original post was simply that by the time you got back on your 2 feet, the murderer was already banking your stuff.
So in the scenario where the murderer, is not going to town because he knows you and your boy friends are going to be all over him, then it will allow for you to create a band of brothers and go for a hunt, he will still have your loot because he had no balls to go and bank it.
But if he does indeed go back into town there is no point in kipping him crim for only that person when he can just bank your shit while your guild mates watch. As he laughs and also banks his shit and waits for you to come 1v1 him.

I dont have a problem with keeping someone grayed out for 2min for everyone and then 30min for your guild. So the killer is not kicked out of town for half an hr, but there is now a risk of sticking around for 30min, and also going to bank the shit.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
My issue like I said it just how most PKing clearly happens inches from town. An you can quickly see the person who PKs you renter town just to bank what they took from you before you can even walk from the priest to the bank. Now they could even implement a system were your only gray for a duration depending on what you did. Hitting someone or their pet 2 mins, stealing from a blue loot bag (or being caught thieving when that system in game) 5 mins, killing someone 30 mins. It like this if your killing someone you shouldn't be able to kill them so close to town than walk back into said town moments later to store the persons loot, it encourages to much town camping and ganking right outside of gates.
This video is an example of what I mean. Here you have a player murdering other players & their pets inches from the town. An each time he does it you know he instantly picks up that loot an is storing it in his bank ASAP giving his victims zero chance to get their loot back cause 2 mins isn't long enough to organize any form of relation against him. The only way he gonna be stopped in that 2 mins duration is if someone stumbles into him by chance while he still gray, which isn't likely to happen in only 2 mins and such a vast world. An even if someone does stumble into him when he still gray chances are that person is most likely going to run away because he won't be properly geared, mentally prepared, or want to risk what their carrying to try and fight the gray player.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
sounds dumb and like another way to kill PvP in the game. 5 to 30 mins for PvP? Enought time for a zerg to form and come kill you.

Would just be another shot in the foot for the game. Just learn how to PvP.

Reactions: Euriloco

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
sounds dumb and like another way to kill PvP in the game. 5 to 30 mins for PvP? Enought time for a zerg to form and come kill you.

Would just be another shot in the foot for the game. Just learn how to PvP.
So zergigng someone in a 5v1 is what you consider PVP, but being counter zergged for your actions is not considered PVP why?

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Libertarianism in action. I should be able to do whatever I want but also the law should protect me from retribution and consequences for my actions

Euriloco

Sep 6, 2021
yeah it all just sounds too carebearish. want revenge go grey yourself next time with a group of friends

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
You can get gray for so many reasons, for example accidentally healing a zombie. Changing anything about gray status to resolve some niche situation I think is unreasonable. But I can think of some solutions for OP's problem :

- Extend the timer on stolen items (to 10 minutes ??). So the criminal cannot bank before the victim has any chance of doing something about it.

- Stolen items should be illegal in towns and Guards should stop people carrying illegal items (as they did in MO1). This should keep thieves carrying hot items away from guards and hopefully even from towns. Unless they invest in the special skills for this (Bribery/Threatening/etc - I forgot the exact names)

- Instead of a MurderCount you can give a "Vendetta" status to your murderer which allows you (for the next 10 ?? minutes) to force a duel on it. (MO1 people know what a duel is)

Discuss which ones you like and how would you adjust them (if needed).

Strider

Dec 10, 2021
The timer is fine, just get better. If I kill someone I shouldn't have to wait 30 minutes, then that guy can just keep coming back trying to kill me. Or like someone said a zerg could form and come hunt me down. You already gain kills when killing someone and become red when you reach 5.

What sucks is when people like you come to games like these and complain about shit that has been the same for years because you suck at the game. That's why new world is shit right now. A bunch of carebears complained about pvp so they took it out, now it's just a hollow shitty game.

Get good and quit bitching because you suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tashka

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
I would be for a 5 minute timer. This gives enough time to actually force the player to give consideration to get out of dodge and evade those who might pursue them.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Stolen items should be illegal in towns and Guards should stop people carrying illegal items (as they did in MO1).
I hope the only reason that they don't is that the skills to try to talk your way out of it if you're a thief are not in the game, yet.

But with no such skills it was still possible, in MO1, to nonchalantly walk around the guards, keeping a distance, and not be questioned while carrying illegal items. That should also be less easy.
This should keep thieves carrying hot items away from guards and hopefully even from towns. Unless they invest in the special skills for this (Bribery/Threatening/etc - I forgot the exact names)
Connections for the whole group, and Intimidation for threatening, IIRC.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Why dont you just win your fights?
How does one win a 5v1? Especially when the fight starts with the 1 person being back stabbed by the 5 people while the one person was attacking a zombie in the graveyard or mining a rock with a pickaxe? By the time they even realize what going on the 5 players ganking them would have already murdered them before they could even turn around.

Simple put it clear the people who see nothing wrong with this trash 2 min only gray system are the same people that will only pick a fight were they know losing is impossible, an they don't want to stay gray for their actions because they're actually terrified of an actual fair fight or being ganked themselves.

I mean makes sense usually when a group starts PKing near a town they're only killing guildless players who are clearly not experienced at the game or ganking people in a 3-5v1. But the moment anyone with gear who knows what their doing comes up they run away as fast as they can an hide until their gray status is gone than cry about how they got zergged. Like lol so it ok for you too zerg people when they leave town but the moment it happens to you it wrong and you want to shame people for it. But ya your right you guys are just gods at this game, I mean it only takes top tier skilled players to murder someone mining rocks with 5 people, clearly I should just get better at the game so I can win a 1v5 with nothing but a pickaxe.

Last edited: