The alavarins being able to run and heal so easily needs to be balanced better

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The speed curve works just fine. The problem is that you have two percentage increase passive clades on the Alvarin.

I disagree. The speed curve is broken. That's why the 1.5% percent or whatever increase (x2, lol @ doubling up clades instead of making it 1 clade) are so powerful. Like I said you can run 90 dex and still be able to move on the ground. The speed is horribly bunched up. Without the clades + actives, there would be no burst speed.

I think it's fair to say there should be more than two distinct speeds. The only class that can really hit that 'middle speed' is lean khurite. That 'feels pretty good' imo. Still, I'd actually like there to be ogh / big thur THEN human (100) THEN Stout khur THEN lean khur THEN Stout alv THEN lean veela/skinny sheev (max.)

Lean khur is kinda 'bad,' but at least it can move. Still that's only one spec. Maybe with trinkets it's different, but without those % boosts, you are getting a tick gain over most other classes. Everything being around 100 is even closer.

You really didn't like the old curve? haha. I thought it was cool. Well, at least we agree about blunts (hehh blunts :eek: ) But the reason I like them is because they make logical sense. Some people don't like to argue 'reality' and I can see that, but things that feel real work for me. There being very little speed difference without clades is bad balance. Khurite would be solid if it had more movement. Regular human should be faster than an ogh. If speed was what it should be, the armor stacking that ogh gets would even out.

edit: in short, I believe speed curve is bad, and the % boosts are another SV bandaid.

Last edited:
Reactions: MortalEnjoyer42069
May 4, 2024
I disagree. The speed curve is broken. That's why the 1.5% percent or whatever increase (x2, lol @ doubling up clades instead of making it 1 clade) are so powerful. Like I said you can run 90 dex and still be able to move on the ground. The speed is horribly bunched up. Without the clades + actives, there would be no burst speed.

I think it's fair to say there should be more than two distinct speeds. The only class that can really hit that 'middle speed' is lean khurite. That 'feels pretty good' imo. Still, I'd actually like there to be ogh / big thur THEN human (100) THEN Stout khur THEN lean khur THEN Stout alv THEN lean veela/skinny sheev (max.)

Lean khur is kinda 'bad,' but at least it can move. Still that's only one spec. Maybe with trinkets it's different, but without those % boosts, you are getting a tick gain over most other classes. Everything being around 100 is even closer.

You really didn't like the old curve? haha. I thought it was cool. Well, at least we agree about blunts (hehh blunts :eek: ) But the reason I like them is because they make logical sense. Some people don't like to argue 'reality' and I can see that, but things that feel real work for me. There being very little speed difference without clades is bad balance. Khurite would be solid if it had more movement. Regular human should be faster than an ogh. If speed was what it should be, the armor stacking that ogh gets would even out.

edit: in short, I believe speed curve is bad, and the % boosts are another SV bandaid.
A 25 dex alvarin runs at 400 movement speed. All other characters run at 390 at 25 dex. Using both of your active clades at 25 dex, you are faster than every other race in the game regardless of their dex value.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
A 25 dex alvarin runs at 400 movement speed. All other characters run at 390 at 25 dex. Using both of your active clades at 25 dex, you are faster than every other race in the game regardless of their dex value.

Yeah, and like I said i don't mind it, IN SOME WAYS. Haha. If the terrain was better designed to have more platforms and places you could climb up, a active clade boosted high dex char can jump stupid, too, so they would be bounding all over the place. That's fine, for me, if that's their clade identity, but it's completely outside of the speed of other clades.

Ogh have a pretty good identity.

People say Thur are bad, but when I see people pvping solo a lot, they are running Thur. I def think they could be improved.

Human having hybrid armor wt is good. I'd like to see that developed more, like raise it to where there is less of a penalty at a higher weight, until it flatlines at like 22 or w/e, but being able to run 30% mana regen (iirc?) in full armor is good. They just need more attribute points, and if they have a little bit more speed than thur and ogh, that would be perfect.

Alv has a pretty good identity, too.

Yknow balancing this game shouldn't be that hard loool. But they do need to make it so that pets are slower. Pets should be like the speed of haven bandits.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
Alvarin are still a strong clade, but Oghmir gifts are just too stupid op and Human elementalism spam seems to be the norm. I never felt that much squishier as a Sheevra since its usually just 1 less attack, but you do have the ability to freely reset on people. Thursars are in a weird spot and ngl I think they should just be removed from the game, I don't know anyone who actually likes how they look, and they always compete with Oghmirs (ogh not used in mo1 foot combat because having 68 max dex was a gimp).

Stout Oghmir having practically the same max speed as a stout Khurite is a gigantic joke though, and I'm surprised the stat caps from mo1 even stayed to begin with. Every single thing about clades and races needs to be rebalanced from the ground up, its a near unfixable mess that they created and only caused new issues with the dex normalization. Alvarin do need speed, but it doesnt matter when theres stuff like crackpipe and the stoneskin clades.

TL;DR Alvarin good, but oghmir better and human mages in big groups op.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Alvarin are still a strong clade, but Oghmir gifts are just too stupid op and Human elementalism spam seems to be the norm. I never felt that much squishier as a Sheevra since its usually just 1 less attack, but you do have the ability to freely reset on people. Thursars are in a weird spot and ngl I think they should just be removed from the game, I don't know anyone who actually likes how they look, and they always compete with Oghmirs (ogh not used in mo1 foot combat because having 68 max dex was a gimp).

Stout Oghmir having practically the same max speed as a stout Khurite is a gigantic joke though, and I'm surprised the stat caps from mo1 even stayed to begin with. Every single thing about clades and races needs to be rebalanced from the ground up, its a near unfixable mess that they created and only caused new issues with the dex normalization. Alvarin do need speed, but it doesnt matter when theres stuff like crackpipe and the stoneskin clades.

TL;DR Alvarin good, but oghmir better and human mages in big groups op.

if that's only due to tactician, that's crazy that they let that be in the game. lol AoE tact. Having an armored front line AoE mage makes sense, but doing half damage to allies is wack.

Agree w/ rest.