The alavarins being able to run and heal so easily needs to be balanced better

Bogwandi

Apr 13, 2024
Alvarins are busted as hell. There's too many of them and for good reason. Why stay and fight when you can run away? That's all you alvarins do. Run. Run, little boy, run!

I want a buff to the higher strength characters where they can charge a weapon faster, even if it's small. A character with 121 strength should charge a 2.5kg sword faster (maybe by 30 percent since thats the strength difference) than a character with 93 strength.

Its wild to me how one race can just keep resetting and healing. I suggested alvarins speed scaling with a percentage of their health as well. It's lame when their health gets low and they just dart away like nothing happened to them. I wouldn't mind if every clade had this mechanic really. I can see how It could be a little too punishing to stout and slower characters, but as one of these players, I lost track of how many times I was whooping an alavarins ass down to low HP and they just hop skip and jump away when they are a bloody mess.

A running speed penalty to low health doesn't have to be anything drastic to speed. Maybe 75 percent speed once your health goes below a quarter? Maybe even 90 percent speed! So the lower third of the health bar might be 90 percent speed... middle third 95 percent speed, and full speed anything above 2/3rds total health.

Try it out devs, do something. Sick of the gutless pointies alllwaayysss runnnnniiiinnggg.

As far as the rest of the game, I love it. I think there is a good balance in this game for a majority of all the combat types and situations we come across. The melee and magic combat mechanics are so good. It should be featured in an arena mode game type so people can experience group fights without the grind and maybe make a potential player appreciate the full game more.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I don't disagree, but a lot of it is due to their clades. I think that's how they want it.

The issue, as people have pointed out, is that races like ogh are more for zerging. Elves are a movement race and excel in trolling, opposed to like siege. They are pretty squish. They can wear 'pretty good armor,' but it seems best to put them in like Khurite splinted level stuff (imo lol) to keep their combat leap intact.

As magi, it kind of makes sense how they are able to kite because that's the 'idea' of mages. Moving casting made a big impact on this altho people think moving casting is a good thing ( imo it's not.)

Magi are definitely important to 'real fights,' but I dunno the value of a veela fighter in a zerg v zerg.

One thing that is kind of interesting that I learned is you can make like 90~ dex on an alv and with clades (plus their run buffs) and be faster than most other races. Not fast enough to just infinite kite them like you can with normal dex, but your base speed reads out higher.

I think there needs to be a speed, or maybe two, in between. There needs to be a stout sheev speed. That should be about the same speed as a lean khurite (minus buffs,) then stout veela should be a little faster, then stuff like Skinny sheev and Lean veela (close to true max speed) should be the kind of speed you get to just skip away if you can avoid getting hit by 3 people at once.

There is a difference in speed/jump between a stout sheev and a lean veela, but it's not very much. I've long felt they need a speed and they need to bring up khurite, maybe even the tiniest edge of lean thur khur, too. There needs to be a skirmisher banger speed. Then the characters approaching max dex should just be for very special circumstances (and they are, but it's not nearly pronounced enough.)

___

Re arena bla, just put on some shit tier armor and start hitting people. haha. Eventually someone will come. :)

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
The game needs a solo class that can disengage combat, or you would always have to be in a zerg to play the game. A slow based on HP would be an insta death in outnumbered fights, but if they add out of combat kiting back they could disable the stam regen advantage if your less than x% hp, that could work.

Veelas give up a lot of damage and hp to be that fast, and even then most pets will catch them even with clades on. If your a thursar/ogh foot fighter you can insta swap to a bow now to finish em off too.

Bogwandi

Apr 13, 2024
Alvarins just need a hard nerf. They are not even human.
I don't believe in just nerfing the alvarins specifically. I don't wanna take away what they do right now. I just want a nudge to help combat them. They're so many dex builds in MO2.

I'd really like to see the strength stat get a tiny buff with something that makes sense. A stronger character should charge the same weight weapon faster than a character with less strength.

Last edited:

Bogwandi

Apr 13, 2024
These forums really need a dislike button...
You don't think a stronger character should be able to charge a swing faster than a weaker character? To reiterate, I'm not even including the swing itself, I'm just talking about the charge. But really it would make sense that they can swing it marginally faster anyways if they're going to wind up faster.

Baseball players should be strong because they can swing a bat faster and harder. The faster the bat gets there, the farther you're going to send that baseball. Similar concept.

So you can absolutely dislike my recommendation, I'd just like to know why you don't think it's a good idea?

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
You don't think a stronger character should be able to charge a swing faster than a weaker character? To reiterate, I'm not even including the swing itself, I'm just talking about the charge. But really it would make sense that they can swing it marginally faster anyways if they're going to wind up faster.

Baseball players should be strong because they can swing a bat faster and harder. The faster the bat gets there, the farther you're going to send that baseball. Similar concept.

So you can absolutely dislike my recommendation, I'd just like to know why you don't think it's a good idea?
I dont think you realize how massive 30% faster charge speed would be. I also dont see how that would help you catch Alavarins, which is what your initial complaint was about.

You already have more health, do more damage, have more stamina, can use heavier weapons, better bows, have lifesteal, etc. Faster charging would just be ridiculous. To be fair the melee combat in this game is already absolute trash, but I dont see how this would help anything. I think advocating for the removal of 360 degree blocking would help you better.

While the baseball player stuff makes sense...trying to use realism to boost the validity of your point for this game is silly.

In MO1 the speed difference was even larger for Alvarin. You still had majority running thur/khur for the reasons I mentioned above. Alvarin was mostly for hybrids. The better thur/khurs just always ran with a bow. And once they won the initial engagement and the Alv started kiting, it would only take one or two arrows to finish the job. And bows were harder to use in MO1.

I understand a Veela kiting when they don't have the advantage can be frustrating...but that's literally their identity.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I don't believe in just nerfing the alvarins specifically. I don't wanna take away what they do right now. I just want a nudge to help combat them. They're so many dex builds in MO2.

I'd really like to see the strength stat get a tiny buff with something that makes sense. A stronger character should charge the same weight weapon faster than a character with less strength.
I just hate alvarins and I wish for a task named "collect alvarin ears".
That said, the only thing alvarins have is their speed, that is their gameplay, dont change that.
Str changing weapon swing speed, nah. I think that is unrealistic in the same way that hvy armor should nerf your speed, is unrealistic. Try to swing a sword or take a run in heavy armor irl.... you will see.
Edit: if you are below the str req for a weapon, I am all for nerfing the swing speed.

Bogwandi

Apr 13, 2024
I dont think you realize how massive 30% faster charge speed would be. I also dont see how that would help you catch Alavarins, which is what your initial complaint was about.

You already have more health, do more damage, have more stamina, can use heavier weapons, better bows, have lifesteal, etc. Faster charging would just be ridiculous. To be fair the melee combat in this game is already absolute trash, but I dont see how this would help anything. I think advocating for the removal of 360 degree blocking would help you better.

While the baseball player stuff makes sense...trying to use realism to boost the validity of your point for this game is silly.

In MO1 the speed difference was even larger for Alvarin. You still had majority running thur/khur for the reasons I mentioned above. Alvarin was mostly for hybrids. The better thur/khurs just always ran with a bow. And once they won the initial engagement and the Alv started kiting, it would only take one or two arrows to finish the job. And bows were harder to use in MO1.

I understand a Veela kiting when they don't have the advantage can be frustrating...but that's literally their identity.
It doesn't have to be the actual percentage difference. 30 percent is steep. A baseline swing speed can be established and tweaked from their for varying strengths.

You also can't take away the blocking with the back turned due to general network latency. On my screen I could be blocking you while facing you but on your screen you could be hitting me in the back. That's why star vault made it so you don't have to be facing someone to block them. I don't think a back-turned block awards a fast parry attack though. Fair enough for me.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Speed isn't king, but it's something. Haha. MO1 had that time where veelas were dum, then they made it so they didn't really have the same escape speed, were barely faster than a thurkhur. They kept that same weirdo speed curve and just added speed boost clades (which turned out to be a huge boost, lol at people who don't understand percentage boosts) and active speed boost clades.

I do think the speed curve should be looked at, but keep in mind if you wanna play a true disengage veela, you DO have to use a lesser wep than most other races would. Your str is already low and you need stam to get away. I don't agree you are gonna get bowed down because it should not take you very long to realize whether or not you can succeed in the engagement.

Kiting has always been my favorite part of pvp games haha. Kiting in terms of kiting and killing might be dead, but being able to disengage is something that only an elf can do. That is their thing. Combat jump and resting pulse (I don't agree w/ idea that they have less stam. I think resting pulse + burst clades, unless they made them not affect stam drain anymore, makes them the class that can escape for the longest, despite what the numbers indicate) are just as egregious and maybe even more so.

But yea I was running around w/ sub 2 wt weps to be able to fight and get away. Even w/ like 2.2 weight, you could feel it.

Again, if anything could be adjusted it's not the difference in speed between an ogh and an alv, but there should be a lot more in between. You still get sticky'd as a stout full khur vs an ogh, and that's crazy. I could KINDA get away as fit or lean, barely, but why not roll a stout elf then? There are basically two speeds... elf and not. That's trash.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
A 121 strength is an Ogmir. You cant pick the slowest possible race and then complain about the fastest race always kiting you. Oggys are made to be defensive tanks with the heaviest of armours and hard hitting weapons.they also have a ton of healing with bandages/pipes/extra units of potions. If a Vheela is kiting you, use a long bow, or a pet.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Speed is king in almost every game. Speed is only king though if a player can utilize it well. Usually those players are quite a bit above average and can handle the disadvantages that come with those classes. In the case of MO, Veela has many disadvantages in order to gain their speed. Its also situational, there are a lot of scenarios where just having and Oghmir/Thur would be better.

May 4, 2024
Speed isn't king, but it's something. Haha. MO1 had that time where veelas were dum, then they made it so they didn't really have the same escape speed, were barely faster than a thurkhur. They kept that same weirdo speed curve and just added speed boost clades (which turned out to be a huge boost, lol at people who don't understand percentage boosts) and active speed boost clades.

I do think the speed curve should be looked at, but keep in mind if you wanna play a true disengage veela, you DO have to use a lesser wep than most other races would. Your str is already low and you need stam to get away. I don't agree you are gonna get bowed down because it should not take you very long to realize whether or not you can succeed in the engagement.

Kiting has always been my favorite part of pvp games haha. Kiting in terms of kiting and killing might be dead, but being able to disengage is something that only an elf can do. That is their thing. Combat jump and resting pulse (I don't agree w/ idea that they have less stam. I think resting pulse + burst clades, unless they made them not affect stam drain anymore, makes them the class that can escape for the longest, despite what the numbers indicate) are just as egregious and maybe even more so.

But yea I was running around w/ sub 2 wt weps to be able to fight and get away. Even w/ like 2.2 weight, you could feel it.

Again, if anything could be adjusted it's not the difference in speed between an ogh and an alv, but there should be a lot more in between. You still get sticky'd as a stout full khur vs an ogh, and that's crazy. I could KINDA get away as fit or lean, barely, but why not roll a stout elf then? There are basically two speeds... elf and not. That's trash.
You've never played/fought against/as a war club alvarin have you?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You've never played/fought against/as a war club alvarin have you?

not really. I've used all of the weps that are decent, but I like longer weps so I can go outside and hit people.

War club is nice, but you really gotta be in there. I'd prefer a war hammer or MO1 flanged mace if I were gonna do a hammer. War hammer is pretty fun even with the weird hitbox haha. Not as fun as MO1; I was trying to make a weak spot skadi war hammer in MO1.

Spear a nice; war spear or something is what I like the most, I'd make poles out of spw, fuk dura. If i had the pts, I'd take a light pole sword. You barely even lose stam when you are running w/ the wep held and even if you go in for 3 or 4 exchanges of swings, you still have enough to skate away esp if you end up triggering resting pulse at times.

I'm not good at 1v1 because I don't do the whole swing hide thing other than swings that are naturally hidden by fast play. I tend to try to stay at my weapon range and try to tag people coming in. Even if they parry my shit, they have a hard time hitting me back. The only time I'd really go in close is to switch sides.

That's why i can disengage, too. I am not comfy with something like a war club even tho their dmg is real nice and they seem to have a good hit box. Similarly, I'm not comfy with a dagger.

If I was using a war club, I might die sometimes. haha.

May 4, 2024
Blunt damage scales very nicely at end game level armors. Even an Alvarin is highly competitive with blunt weapons. Even more so if they have blunt trinkets. The +22% Blunt/+22 HP is the best return on investment in the game for rings and really allows the Alvarin to conquer most combat situations.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Blunt damage scales very nicely at end game level armors. Even an Alvarin is highly competitive with blunt weapons. Even more so if they have blunt trinkets. The +22% Blunt/+22 HP is the best return on investment in the game for rings and really allows the Alvarin to conquer most combat situations.

No doubt. Blah @ trinkets, tho. Sooner or later they are gonna remove or nerf that shit. They have to. 20% dmg aiye. Makes me cry every time.

I still stand by what I said, tho, they need to expand the speed curve. There is such a huge difference between ogh and alv that there is room for a middle speed, maybe two. MO used to be like that, then they changed it.

May 4, 2024
No doubt. Blah @ trinkets, tho. Sooner or later they are gonna remove or nerf that shit. They have to. 20% dmg aiye. Makes me cry every time.

I still stand by what I said, tho, they need to expand the speed curve. There is such a huge difference between ogh and alv that there is room for a middle speed, maybe two. MO used to be like that, then they changed it.
The speed curve works just fine. The problem is that you have two percentage increase passive clades on the Alvarin.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
The movement speed is fine. The healing is NOT.

Again, this is another situation where people are targeting the wrong issue. It isn't that they can run from you, it is that they are able to instantly get their health back for basically nothing. If they could just run, then you've won in a sense, they cant' use it very offensively. They're essentially out of the fight and have to hide away and rest. Include healing? Now we have an issue where they can just have endless turns to attack you until they win.

Moving whilst putting a bandage on is RIDICULOUS. You should have to walk at max and should take longer to put on. They should just be a faster form of resting. Resting, you are stationary and slowly regen health. What they certainly shouldn't be is a mid combat heal. That is idiotic. Maybe they should even have to take their armor off to use them, you know.. like real bandages?

Second... Magic healing should require more investment to be useful. I can't stand seeing someone in plate armor healing themselves with magic. Combining plate armor with self healing essentially amplifies the effectiveness of the heal, due to the armor making it so it costs more to cause harm, meanwhile the heal remains just as potent.

If someone has the power to magic heal, then that should be more or less all they can do, otherwise it becomes broken. You should have to be a dedicated healer to literally regen health bars mid combat.

For immersive purposes and balance purposes, endless healing spoils the game on so many levels; and is the real reason "speed is king".

The actual saying should be : "Speed with endless HP regen is king".

Speed is fine. Healing is a massive issue. We NEED the damage to stick.

I get it, we have "corrupt", but not everyone is a mage. We need alternatives for other playstyles so we can turn off this idiotic healing OR just nerf healing generally in all forms. We should be able to lock them out of heals for longer too.. 15 seconds or whatever just seems too short. They can run and heal up and be back in the fight before you know it.