TC might destoy the new players experiance.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
We need to kill Mobs for prominence.

Northoder will kill everyone @ Risar Triangle
Koto kill all Palyers @ the 5 Bandit Camps
Oldguard will kill everyone go for Tagmatons, Spidercave and Bandit Camps
Slav will kill everyone farm at sunken Islands

The lest goes on an on

Where should the new players farm ?

Furthermore, the lucrativeness and spawn time of the mobs in the north and west needs to be talked about, or the west is doomed as we cannot farm enough prominence points compared to the north.

Maybe the prominence Points should only be gained from Tower captures or inside selected Hotspot dungeons and bosses and not from the mobs itself in the dungeons, or the new players will suffer hardcore and will be forced to join the guild owning the territory.

Reactions: boogis and Rahz

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
In Point 2 i talked about ideas to gain rep.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I doubt there will be that much competition for camps etc. Maybe there'll be groups of 3, maybe 5 people roaming and farming prominence for their guild at these spots, but more is simply infefficient. You can do better simply running parcels and/or contensting actual dungeons.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Don't really see this as an issue. I haven't heard of or seen many players have issues farming and they should feel pressured to join a guild and be social that's a positive thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Rahz

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I doubt there will be that much competition for camps etc. Maybe there'll be groups of 3, maybe 5 people roaming and farming prominence for their guild at these spots, but more is simply infefficient. You can do better simply running parcels and/or contensting actual dungeons.
It must be much more lucrative to farm the Bosses, but only in specific Hotspots.

I see the design problem as all mobs giving prominence and the same mobs in different locations don't give different ammounts of prominence points, but let me explain why.

1691820078052.png

Henrick confirmed, that they will add 1000 Mobs

1691820136775.png

But this won´t fix the problem !

It needs places that are uninteresting for large guilds, because of the low ammount of "rep points" you can get there and still bring in good loot for new palyers.
If all mobs give prominence, then bandits in different areas should give different amounts of prominence, so the new players can farm low prominence bandits somewhere.

Even if SV add 100 or 500 more Mobs in Meduli. they all would be camped by our guild, just by smaller groups and 1 Veteran Player can kill 3 new players. I don't see the problem with the number of mobs, but that all mobs give promonence and not just very specific mobs in specific locations with a high spawn rate to create Hotspots for PVP as for excample the Necro Spot near Twin Lake, which the new players would avoid and for which groups are necessary to hold the position. If this is not the case, smaller groups will camp all the mob spawns in the whole area. That would be terrible for the new players, as 1 Veteran can kill 3 new palyers, as i already mentioned above. It would be way smarter if holding or capturing supply towers generate prominence points overt ime. Then there would be non-stop fights to defend them. Later, when we hopefully get the control towers delivered, they could generate prominence over time instead of the supply towers, so a small group can get defensive values for their Strongholds aswell. I think it would be really cool if our guild would do more PVE and if the group play is promoted. If the bosses gave a lot more prominence. Then there would be many more events and not just 1-2 times a week and on the other hand SV should relieve the Dungeons for PVE players. Hence the suggestion of the hotspot dungeons.

Conclusion: Running around in smaller groups to find fewer Zergs would be a nightmare for the new players. It's better if the Zergs beat each other over hotspots. The big fights are fun.

2. What mechanics could be used to generate Prominent Points and what buffs could make the zones of a growing kingdom depending on the prominence Points more lucrative and interesting.​

Depending on how many Promenent Points a keep owning guild and its alliance generate should have an impact on the area.
Capturing and holding TC towers should involve a fight for resources and spawns and have an impact on the zone's lucrativeness.

A growing kingdom could increase the loot drop chance for all players in that zone. E.g. from 1-6% higher loot drop chance, 1-6% higher rare trinket Gem Luck, up to 10% higher gathering yield etc. These buffs could be displayed in the top left corner of the screen.
In addition, this could have an impact on mob density or spawntime.

Players who played MO1 will surely know that MO1 had an expanding camp mechanic. If bandits or risar camps were not farmed for 10 minutes, that camp would expand into a tier 2 and later into a tier 3 camp. Every 10 minutes more tents, mobs and bosses spawned and the camp got bigger.

Generating Prominence Points from capturing towers may affect how quickly mobs spawn and how quickly the camps expand to tier 2 and 3. Also the number of players that are on a single node and walk from camp to camp or cause damage to NPCs should have an impact on the spawn rate.

A growing kingdom might attract more bandit bosses, outlaws, trolls or Risar bosses, as the chances of getting loot are higher in a prosperous and growing kingdom.

*** Hotspot dungeons to create Hotspots for PVP to gather prominent points, and further relieve the other dungeons for PVE Players.​

This Idea would require a Town crier who declares one of the dungeons to be a hotspot for the next week and that this NPC should demand specific items for certain rewards that can only be found inside the selected dungeon at that time and delivering them should generate TC Points (Prominent Points).

This prevent players to only farm the most lucrative dungeons. This way the luncrativity of the dungeons would change and these dungeons would then become a PVP hotspot for a specific time. The other dungeons would be relieved. Some players want hotspots for PVP and enjoy to fight each other all day and the pure PVE players want to farm their dungeons on the weekend without getting involved in major conflicts. The Hotspot Dungeons should be the only Dungeons that give Prominence Points for delivering the specific Items out of the Hotspot dungeon to the Town Crier, so that the other dungeons get relieved. During the specific Time the Hotspot dungeon could spawn specific Loot that can be traded for prominence Points, rare Mobs for Dominating, much harder Elite Mobs (for bigger Groups) a bit higher loot chance, the Boss could drop legendary trinkets (with the chance to roll a clade Gift on it) or be able to increase a skill over the lvl 100 cap (maybe 105) or whatever. I loved this raids in UO and ther skill scrolls you could find. This would be a great addition for TC and a nice way to farm prominent Points !

Last edited:

bopkasen

Jul 21, 2023
If the population of the server continue to expand, they would have to increase more farming hotspot. MO1 had limited farming hotspot because it didn't have lot of player. The policy was that PvE hotspots cannot be close off by TC. They can however control the town.

Piet

May 28, 2020
They also don't want everyone to have a farming spot at all times. Fighting over spots is encouraged and healthy. It not only makes the world feel more full and dangerous but also encourages solo's to join a guild or at least have friends.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
First of all TC will ruin everyones experience when the server buckles under returning players load. You can bet your bank that the larger guilds will purposely have as many alt accounts permanently logged on just to keep their enemies stuck in the login queue.
Nothing will make people quit the game faster than being stuck in a queue while your stuff is getting sieged.

Secondly the only way to have assets will be to join a coalition, otherwise any stronghold will be sieged asap by the paranoid controlling ( and bored) guild.

Thirdly MO has always been very unfriendly to new players. Even more to solo players. Nothing new here.

Last edited:
Reactions: grendel

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
The problem with most guilds is, that most guilds (i've tried) dont offer a good experience. Either its a core group that takes 90% of the ressources for themselves or a bunch of mouthbreathing discord-warriors, spewing abuse at people because they didnt get their 5th heal in a row while over-extending. The other thing is I personally am not a zergling and i dont support this playstyle in any game. I like big fights but let's face it, most of the fights are something in the realm of 5v1 and i dont get any form of satisfaction from that.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The problem with most guilds is, that most guilds (i've tried) dont offer a good experience. Either its a core group that takes 90% of the ressources for themselves or a bunch of mouthbreathing discord-warriors, spewing abuse at people because they didnt get their 5th heal in a row while over-extending. The other thing is I personally am not a zergling and i dont support this playstyle in any game. I like big fights but let's face it, most of the fights are something in the realm of 5v1 and i dont get any form of satisfaction from that.
It can be hard to find the right guild. I would stay far away from those that take resources from their players. Sure contributing to the guild or running farming events for the guild is necessary, but forcing people to give their own stuff is a no go. Also finding a guid thats not too hard core but also not dog shit in pvp is a fine line.
You can always start your own of course and be affiliated to some of the bigger ones for protection.

Reactions: Rahz

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I like this crying before a patch is release. Let's wait some weeks and then start crying if it gets worse. One or two days of intensive prominence farming after release don't kill the game for single players or small groups.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
I like this crying before a patch is release. Let's wait some weeks and then start crying if it gets worse. One or two days of intensive prominence farming after release don't kill the game for single players or small groups.
Well, if you know the stove is hot, do you need to wait till you actually burn your hand to start saying the stove is hot?

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Well, if you know the stove is hot, do you need to wait till you actually burn your hand to start saying the stove is hot?

Technically yes? Sometimes people or species need to do this first before they are able to develop a reflex to know instincitively that this will hurt them.

Reactions: Piet

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Technically yes? Sometimes people or species need to do this first before they are able to develop a reflex to know instincitively that this will hurt them.
The comment exists in a context, i do realize it can be hard to grasp for someone with autism.

Reactions: Weis

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
The comment exists in a context, i do realize it can be hard to grasp for someone with autism.
The tism is strong with us all for sticking with Starvault for so long haha. But I believe its called classical conditioning. We wont know if TC will be inherently harmful until we see its effects. Although at the end of the day its absolutely okay to complain and make assumptions as to how its harmful to new players with the information we do have at this present time :)