TC is here but where are the players?

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
Btw nothing wrong with Haven. Uts not that far to walk from town to bandit dungeon/gy/etc. It gives you the opportunity to learn some if the basics. After that you gotta get in main, join a guild, and learn to survive and thrive. Sorry everything cant be handed to you on a silver platter care bears...

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
No, but I mean the thing that is not understood @Henrik Nyström is the GAME IS ALREADY THERE. THE GAME EXISTS. The other games that might be like this are at least 1 year or more out, and that's assuming they turn out to be decent. All of the mechanics are in the game to be good and can be calibrated.

There is BAD CONTENT in the game. There are BAD SYSTEMS in the game. I could and have written essays on this crap. There are some things I take issue with, personally, but it's whatever. I'm sure some people like it, but it seems to me that these are the bullet points.

MO2 is 100x better and has more potential than MO1 (in theory.) MO2 is enough to appeal to a still niche but larger than-you-think audience.

They basically played themselves with the roadmap. The roadmap is trampled. The beta content, as said, was a solid foundation. They would do better to roll back to that and instead of adding trinkets, tower shields, and magic, work on adding in TC stuff SLOWLY, like piece by piece.

The biggest problem with MO other than the launch/exploits is the fact that they can't keep the server up. I don't know the answer to that problem, but there has to be one.

They again played themselves by adding grind level content when the grind in a game like MO is building, crafting, keeping your empire running, etc. They believed that making dungeons (dood I played the shit out of MO1 and MO2 and I never actually did a dungeon except to get iron silk, basically 1 or 2 player content) high level content and having them give high level drops would engage the player base, but the actual engagement in a sandbox is the interaction between entities, and most of that is small scale (imo) or starts small scale. They tried to make MO like a 'normal MMO.'

This is beyond a niche content game. There need to be more things to do. Combat is gated cuz it's dumb. You could parry whore in MO1, too, but it didn't get you anywhere. It needs to be accessible to most people. This game has a place for just about everyone as long as they don't have some level of disability (missing fingers, v slowed reaction, BLINDNESS, etc) but there isn't CONTENT for everyone.

MO is already what new games coming out are promising to be, but they've made bad decisions and had a really fail launch, and they are too arrogant or, worse, they believe the same thing will happen again and have a plan, after all this time.

One more time: WHEN MO1 WAS OUT, PEOPLE SAID, "NOTHING IS LIKE THIS GAME!" but there were other options for MMOs that were not washed, at least. NOW, MO2 is basically going vs New World, which I haven't played, but I can bet anything is TRASH. The fact that they can't get it right is amazing. Even if they opened up a different server that was clean. They don't realize why people aren't coming back. Haha. It's like we giv them de magic, we giv them de pets, we giv them de TC... wat happen??

EVERY OTHER MMO OTHER THAN NEW WORLD, which is critically regarded as a failure (from what I've seen?), IS LIKE TEN YEARS OLD AND ON LIFE SUPPORT. Maybe Eve is diff, but that's a whole nother thing. Ble, whatever. GG have fun SV. Ya didn't blow it, you ARE blowing it. All... day.... long.
Yeah well, it's not gonna happen lol.

Reactions: Gnidex

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Wow yall are wigglin and squirming like a box of worms because your bad/sad. SV has made tremendous progress since launch and now TC is out and is running quite smooth! This game will not be topped for what it is. Play the game or go touch grass. Stop crying for fast travel lolllll.
Yes it definitely will not be topped for what it is. And what it is is unrealized potential.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Wow yall are wigglin and squirming like a box of worms because your bad/sad. SV has made tremendous progress since launch and now TC is out and is running quite smooth! This game will not be topped for what it is. Play the game or go touch grass. Stop crying for fast travel lolllll.

lol there was that one dude w/ the Amish icon, and this guy reminds me of him. I wonder if some of these are like dev alts. ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO WHAT I AM SAYING? It's probably true that it's not going to happen, but there is no reason why. Nobody here is BAD. The game is SAD. Most people in MO are pretty BAD tbh. I imagine more BAD players are playing now than ever.

They launched a test server. Why can't they launch a second server? Do it without all of the lags ( guardspam, ether, fx magic) and handrails, boost skill gain, clade gain... make it like beta but with the obvious fixes. Then, they have TWO servers so it doesn't feel so bad when one crashes out. People can defend their stuff on server 1 if necessary and play on server 2. I promise you if they made a few changes (mostly a lot of roll backs / theory changes) the game would be better, and it would be proved by people being active on the new server.

There can still be ONE WORLD ONE SERVER, but it can have a more vanilla lo fantasy/hardcore server and a more modern MMO type server. TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE! ONE CHARACTER, TWO SERVERS. YOLO.

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
First the server probably still can't handle more. Second there is nothing for pvpers in Mortal Online 2. The restriction create timegates that are horrible, and the time it takes to find fighters generally are even worse. Years ago this was probably most pvpers favorite games, and sadly they decided to destroy all of those social dynamics so we left. There is still theoretically pvp, but it is only functional for RPers willing to set everything up before hand. All the drama is dead and everything is now on rails.

You guys talking about marketing while it would help. There are so many people that know how flawed this game is that any grass roots effort will just get crushed. You can't market it to hardcore pvpers because that is not even close to what this game is. It is a game for RPers which is a even smaller subset of the mmo population. I wish it was the Hardcore pvp game it use to be It would have been a hit. Back when people said it was the mideval rust, and the PvP elderscrolls they always wanted. They got scared and destroyed those dynamics though.

Last edited:

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Territory control without territory control and sieges =) "the best patch". The outflow of players has already started. You can continue to take care of the pve players. With this approach, the best pvp sandbox will turn into a casual pve game. With an online game of 400 people...

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
I seriously thought the population would be up with TC being released but the numbers look the same (1,6k max daily concurrent) like after pre-patch after the bump of 2002 players on patch day.

What gives?
Too few bugs is being fixed and people take a break and comeback realizing same bugs is in the game as when they played a year or two back.
I got a feeling people would start coming back if they where to see weekly or every second week bug fixes, like Jonas did in MO1 around Sarducca release. Remember we had that broken back thing when you played MA back in MO1 for half a year or something? It was fixed during those weekly patches Jonas was doing. It would never been fixed otherwise since they only focus new content.

SV just gotta split bugfixes from the main content patches. So instead of having 0.01% taxes on things bought from TC vendors we could get that 10% from bought and sold stuff. It at least would make it worth having open to public until they add more tax options.

In short.
Content is nice but only when it works. @Henrik Nyström @Sebastian Persson

Reactions: Svaar

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's a damn shame, is all. WILL THERE EVER BE 1500 PLAYERS AGAIN? People multibox, too, AIYE. For a sec, I was like I should log in and craft some stuff just to see what's up, then it's like... nah. haha.

THE ANSWERS ARE ALL OUT THERE. YOUR GAME IS DYING. Can't really say more. Sorry. Wishya luck. Be back later?