TC and server capacity nightmare.

How do you think the server will handle the influx of people wanting to siege?

• SV will have it all figured out. It will be smooth sailing and nothing but endless pvpgasm.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There will be hiccups, but SV will fix them quickly and then it will be awesome sieges all over.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • It will be a rough few weeks, disconnects, queues, laggy server, server crashes. It wont be fun.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • It will be a disaster. Queues for months, impossible lag, server constantly down. Complete mayhem.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I’ll be on the alternate servers pretending not to care who's sieging my stuff. Revenge later

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Henrik said the server can handle 100k. It will be so. God wills it!!!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
With TC patch looming in the unknown future i’ m just curious as to what people think will happen to the server with the influx of players. I know SV has mentioned “upgrading” the capacity of the server before then, but i am not convinced. Everyone i talked to is waiting for TC and has friends and guildies currently not playing but waiting for it. What do you think will happen to the server when TC goes live?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
HAHA, I gotta stop posting on this forum. Was watching some TV show and dood was like... HEY u stop being mean, and YOU stop setting yourself up like that. It's hard!! Anyway, lol at the mention of 'sailing.'

If they have long queues/crashes they have to take servers down, period. If they put alts up during siege time, we should file a class action suit!

My vote is that once the keeps move and the people who had keeps quit the game or go ape and burn themselves out revenge sieging either enemies or just anything to get the rage out, everything will be back to normal. It will be a necessary population trim IMO. And yes, I do think people might siege my shit. I doubt anyone would put something up for it, but you know if they got left over boulders :p

RHODRI DON'T SHOOT IT.

___

That being said, I wish they would add a semi-siege thing like RAZING. Where somehow you pay x to get the ability to raze x value structure, need people to get it started as if you are building a house, then it just starts it going down slowly over days. Like reverse building? Get rid of a lot of the stuff that people are just leaving there and don't often check, since you can go 60 days out. I went to check my last house, expecting it'd be at least a little damaged, but it's still got many days left.

Oh, and to put it out, I guess you'd have to do something, too! Many unknowns! It'd be somethin' tho. The long promised FIRE ARROWS work, too. It ain't pretty, but believe me that people would put the time in heh.

I'm more worried about how siege is gonna be suddenly implemented 1 year into the game and not be a total shit show, regardless of server issues.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I only vote for weeks instead of months because people will give up before months otherwise complete mayhem for sure. The funnier part is this will show how much Henrik has been lying about improving the servers and how they can totally handle it now.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I think there will be an influx but I don't think most will stay. People who quit mo before can quit again. sieging is a big update, but its also a lot of downtime/walking/running boulders, so you can maybe have a lopsided fight, or blow their stuff up while they are asleep. Unless the sieging system is much better than MO1's. A lot of people will get bored of that.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Again..

This would not be an issue had SV not had houses, strongholds or keeps at launch and held them back till AFTER they had siege done. But because of this the first few weeks of TC will be a complete and absolute....
72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700.gif

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Why is my name in your mouth? I haven't touched this game once with exception of like an hour or two of the Beta like two years ago. I'm innocent here.

Yoo I wish I had an alert that said every time someone was talking about/to me like you did, cuz I missed this for way too long LOL. I did think about it when I said it, but I was like nah...

It's like you guys forgot your own memes!! MO where is ya mem(e?)ory!!

Sigh & nvm.

Another sign I need to stop foruming! Moved on to offending people with jokes about old vids ON ACCIDENT.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
Yoo I wish I had an alert that said every time someone was talking about/to me like you did, cuz I missed this for way too long LOL. I did think about it when I said it, but I was like nah...

It's like you guys forgot your own memes!! MO where is ya mem(e?)ory!!

Sigh & nvm.

Another sign I need to stop foruming! Moved on to offending people with jokes about old vids ON ACCIDENT.
MO forgot it's memes because the people that used to no life and play it just don't anymore. Prime example - Me. I'm almost 30, I work all the time, and when I don't work I don't have time for MO or the cancerous attitudes of the community that doesn't understand the game's own premise.

It just doesn't offer me a gaming experience that I can enjoy right now and probably never really will.

Also the meme just wasn't ever that funny. Ya'll know the dumb ass visual bugs this game has, the artillery piece on my client looked like it needed to be cranked back. A moment in time that could have been avoided by a more talented game developer.

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
I hope I am wrong, but I think it will be same as on release. Too much players, queue, SV will add more alt servers, people will start to quit, less population, removing alt servers, low population, one server.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If what SV has stated on their roadmap is anything to go by, they will have another major server upgrade on Epic launch. Hopefully this will translate to better server capacity and performance when the massive infux of players comes.

If it all goes horribly wrong once again, this time round I think no one will be as forgiving or lenient on SV as on Steam launch day.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
MO forgot it's memes because the people that used to no life and play it just don't anymore. Prime example - Me. I'm almost 30, I work all the time, and when I don't work I don't have time for MO or the cancerous attitudes of the community that doesn't understand the game's own premise.

It just doesn't offer me a gaming experience that I can enjoy right now and probably never really will.

Also the meme just wasn't ever that funny. Ya'll know the dumb ass visual bugs this game has, the artillery piece on my client looked like it needed to be cranked back. A moment in time that could have been avoided by a more talented game developer.
Come back Rhodri.

After a thousand years of darkness and desolation under the foul shroud of Umbra, Nave struggles against the chains tyranny and despair. Then, far into the horizon, a faint glow.
A dimming of the darkness.
A glimmer of hope.

Whispered in hushed tones are the distant memories of light, honour and justice. Soldeous, some say, has awoken from her slumber and heard the pleas of the devout. Her angry gaze fixed on Umbra, she now turns to the righteous believers for her true champion…to spread the light, to break the chains, and in her name cleanse the land of darkness and damnation.

“Rhodri” she whispers.
“Rhodri my hero, where are you?” she murmurs….

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rhodri_Taliesin

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I don't think it will be that bad for that long. Only because I don't think it's going to recapture as many lost players as anticipated. I think the people "waiting for TC" to come back and play again are primarily MO2 vets.

I think the people who crashed the servers on launch were people looking for a new experience that have mostly forgotten MO2 exists and are entirely unaware this patch is about to drop.

If they market the hell out of this launch there may be queues nearly as bad as launch. If they're smart, they won't, and there won't be. There will be a pop uptick and it will be bad temporarily but die down within days. They really should hold off on another big marketing scheme until the 2nd continent. No sense marketing to the game to more people than your servers can support.

Then again, they very likely will not make the smart play here.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Prime example - Me. I'm almost 30,
So u was young in MO1 eyy haha. I didn't even KNOW you, really, just saw you when you'd come around my area. Talked a bit, thought Halberds were cool, too. I loved meeting all the different people. Nothing has changed, imo. Just different people. Makes sense at working all the time. I find MO relaxing ( in theory!) or it was. Lately, it's a lil meh. I def have my times I enjoy playing MO, basically when there isn't much else possible to do... unless I wanna play another game.

The meme was funny because dudes were like DON'T DO IT 20x. It probably doesn't mean much to you, but believe me I was not laughing at you, it was just funny. That and the whole gamer word video.

And like jack said... haha, well, interpreting, it is what it is. The GAME is a meme. You're not a meme; you are a vehicle for the meme. If it's not funny to you, I'd venture to say it's because you think people are laughing at you. Maybe some are, cuz I know a lot of people are Rhodri haters. But, despite that, U WUZ THERE for a lot of stuff. There have to be some good memories, right?

Age tho. I remember almost 30. Tis no crises. I look at it like this: you are old when you could conceivably no longer play pro sports. I dunno if that makes sense to you. I totally support the PoV, but certain things... voices, videos, words... pop into my head as I am typing. I tend to add them to posts.

Edit: like now, middle of night, woke up... don't want to put any big effort into something. I would prol play MO now in a more intriguing time, but I will prob just shitpost while doing other things.

Sorry if it somehow upset you. I was just laughing because I dunno how the heck you were able to respond so quickly.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
So u was young in MO1 eyy haha. I didn't even KNOW you, really, just saw you when you'd come around my area. Talked a bit, thought Halberds were cool, too. I loved meeting all the different people. Nothing has changed, imo. Just different people. Makes sense at working all the time. I find MO relaxing ( in theory!) or it was. Lately, it's a lil meh. I def have my times I enjoy playing MO, basically when there isn't much else possible to do... unless I wanna play another game.

The meme was funny because dudes were like DON'T DO IT 20x. It probably doesn't mean much to you, but believe me I was not laughing at you, it was just funny. That and the whole gamer word video.

And like jack said... haha, well, interpreting, it is what it is. The GAME is a meme. You're not a meme; you are a vehicle for the meme. If it's not funny to you, I'd venture to say it's because you think people are laughing at you. Maybe some are, cuz I know a lot of people are Rhodri haters. But, despite that, U WUZ THERE for a lot of stuff. There have to be some good memories, right?

Age tho. I remember almost 30. Tis no crises. I look at it like this: you are old when you could conceivably no longer play pro sports. I dunno if that makes sense to you. I totally support the PoV, but certain things... voices, videos, words... pop into my head as I am typing. I tend to add them to posts.

Edit: like now, middle of night, woke up... don't want to put any big effort into something. I would prol play MO now in a more intriguing time, but I will prob just shitpost while doing other things.

Sorry if it somehow upset you. I was just laughing because I dunno how the heck you were able to respond so quickly.
Nah I ain't upset, it's just a tiresome dumb meme that was more annoying at the time than it ever was really funny. Like I said, visual bugs and surrounded by dudes who were itching for an excuse to kill me- united in an aim to kill ES. A dumb mistake and a miscommunication, and mostly Finnley being a cunt, but that's besides the point.
As for my age at the time, god, I think I made my very first MO1 character when I was 17 back in 2010 and that was when I was with Dog Company through the game WWIIOL aka Battleground Europe. It was through their forums I found out about MO. By the time I was truly active and making a name for myself though I had to have been 18 or 19.

I getcha about writing from stream of consciousness, I just got home and just worked 12 hours overnight and it's a quarter 'til 7:00AM at time of writing.

As far as good memories of MO, most of them were centered around the wartime camaraderie I had alongside the various groups I fought alongside. Several with Wessex, many with KoTO and AI, some when fighting alongside IX and KOV when the war was being fought against GUTS and ES. Like when we deployed some of my first experimental super lykiators. They were known for never burning stamina and moving extremely fast and having such high dex that they could jump walls. We ambushed a large group near GK from a position on the mountains that we were hanging from almost at an 80 degree angle, it was nuts.
Another good memory was alongside my buddy Otto during the WSX vs SOV civil war, where he and I stood side by side and slaughtered a group of them that charged at us in the southern desert. 2 against many, it was glorious.
Then there's just memories of the people come and gone, I still remember Lyfender's voice like he were still here and some others. I still look back with some sense of nostalgia but this kind of game is simply in the past for me. I don't have the time and will not for a long time. Even if I did, the drive for this kind of gameplay is burned out.