Target bar.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Please let people's name stay on the screen slightly longer after you target them. It is hard to see who someone is when they are moving around.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
This can also be used for spell detection. You can kind of see this in the spell range video I posted. When I did outburst at 4000 range, the lighting was not favorable, there were other people getting in the way, and it was a bit hard to see at that distance through that many obstacles anyway.

I aimed the spell at the material supplier by simply adjusting my aim until it said "material supplier" and then firing.

So now I know "If I see their name, my spell is on target." I highly doubt nametags are intended to function as aim-assist.

Reactions: grendel

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
This can also be used for spell detection. You can kind of see this in the spell range video I posted. When I did outburst at 4000 range, the lighting was not favorable, there were other people getting in the way, and it was a bit hard to see at that distance through that many obstacles anyway.

I aimed the spell at the material supplier by simply adjusting my aim until it said "material supplier" and then firing.

So now I know "If I see their name, my spell is on target." I highly doubt nametags are intended to function as aim-assist.
I get that, and that it could be a problem, but that is only a small part of the game compared to the constant inconvenience it is now.
Not only that, but have you noticed that the name tag is off, and not reliable for aiming spells? Having the name tag focused does not mean that you will hit the player (which I find frustrating.)

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Actually, your suggestion would help fix what I am talking about. If the nametag lingers momentarily after losing target then it's less reliable as aim-assist. That's why I brought it up. It's a point in support of what you are saying.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
I get that, and that it could be a problem, but that is only a small part of the game compared to the constant inconvenience it is now.
Not only that, but have you noticed that the name tag is off, and not reliable for aiming spells? Having the name tag focused does not mean that you will hit the player (which I find frustrating.)
yes a very small part, it doesnt matter.

magic works with the actual hitboxes of the player so not even the armor. the targetting system has a bigger artifical hitbox around the player.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Actually, your suggestion would help fix what I am talking about. If the nametag lingers momentarily after losing target then it's less reliable as aim-assist. That's why I brought it up. It's a point in support of what you are saying.
Ah, I understood backwards.
yes a very small part, it doesnt matter.

magic works with the actual hitboxes of the player so not even the armor. the targetting system has a bigger artifical hitbox around the player.
It seems to me that the hit box is sometimes a little off from the actual character, especially around the upper body.