Taming unbearable

Raclaw

Mar 1, 2023
Here are my suggestions to make taming / dominance an interesting, less-punishing experience.

* Add pet soul bind.

When players train their pet for a week or two, and them it's randomly killer in pvp or even pve, it's unnecesarily punishing. Add soul bind of pets that reached for example level 50.
You could have 1 pet soul-bound to you. If a soul-bound pet dies, its spirit will follow you and it can be ressurected by your priest.
I think soul-bind should be unlocked after around 80 beastmstery or even more. To keep pet market active.
In pvp, you still lose the advantage if the pet dies. There are some interesting synergies with spiritualism.
Current state is the worst possible option.

* Slow down pets levelling

That's connected to soul bind. If you have soul bind, players will get used to their pets. Give them names etc.
I suggest to drastically slow down pet levelling to make it meaningful. That would alo affect the amount of food needed to feed. Should be reduced equally. Feeling them once a day should be enough

Seeing an Elder Terrorbird should be sth rare and interesting. And that would be rewarding for tamers.

* Toggle pet aggro

That's purely for pve. Currently, if you're a mage or archer, If you deal more dmg than your pet, you have the aggro, which make it so unpleasant. We gave plethora of skills which should give us the opportunity to have tens of viable tamer builds. Currently, we mainly have mage tamer because it can heal the pet without generating aggro and well, keep the pet alive.
Do sth about that, because currently, it's a wasted opportunity.

Reactions: Maxisan

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
This worked well in UO, they just didn't copy all the needed features from it. Kind of indicative of SV development process:

* Add pet soul bind.

When players train their pet for a week or two, and them it's randomly killer in pvp or even pve, it's unnecesarily punishing. Add soul bind of pets that reached for example level 50.
You could have 1 pet soul-bound to you. If a soul-bound pet dies, its spirit will follow you and it can be ressurected by your priest.
I think soul-bind should be unlocked after around 80 beastmstery or even more. To keep pet market active.
In pvp, you still lose the advantage if the pet dies. There are some interesting synergies with spiritualism.
Current state is the worst possible option.