Taming is fine, the method of gaining EXP is not

Maxisan

May 25, 2021
Please understanding how we currently gain EXP for taming:

We have a circle, once the circle is 1/4 filled we GAIN exp tick. When your taming fails, you miss out on EXP you were taming because you did not hit the 1/4 2/4 3/4 or 4/4 threshold. We are asking to give us that exp between these threshold in which we failed at.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yea I found out TAMING SUCKS yesterday when I was walking my fighter from MK. Anything that is grey (not showing a level) should give taming exp regardless (that's how it was in MO.) I was at like 25 taming and came across a Steppe spawn and learned the lore so I was like LET'S GO!!! But not only did I have to do much chasing (because for some reason every horse runs away when you fail to tame one... lol), but I didn't get ANYTHING. I finally logged in this morning w/ like 38 taming and was able to tame a steppe on two tries, but still have yet to see one tick of experience. BLEEEHHH

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
keep in mind that tamer is a road that give lot and lot of money

frankly it feel fine to be hard as fk to lvl it up

book should lvl you up to 70 ; soooooo good luck and endure

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
keep in mind that tamer is a road that give lot and lot of money

frankly it feel fine to be hard as fk to lvl it up

book should lvl you up to 70 ; soooooo good luck and endure

I dunno man, like I said we wuz 100 tamers in MO1. Ain't nobody read Taming 2. Grey mobs a pretty hard to find... by that I mean things that are tame-able but say no exp gain. The fact that I did multiple horses and even grabbed one and didn't get ONE TICK is pretty disheartening balance wise, but I do think taming should be hard. The money taming is gonna give you is gonna be mostly horses tho and you don't need much more than 40~ for that, I reckon, so that's kind of a moot pt. Give us some messages saying something is happening. I assume you've gained points taming in the wild, tho? I'd like to be able to see like we see for clade gifts, and maybe you can... like see some bar moving, some message you gained taming exp. Just to know you're not wasting your time completely.

Reactions: Maxisan

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
I dunno man, like I said we wuz 100 tamers in MO1. Ain't nobody read Taming 2. Grey mobs a pretty hard to find... by that I mean things that are tame-able but say no exp gain. The fact that I did multiple horses and even grabbed one and didn't get ONE TICK is pretty disheartening balance wise, but I do think taming should be hard. The money taming is gonna give you is gonna be mostly horses tho and you don't need much more than 40~ for that, I reckon, so that's kind of a moot pt. Give us some messages saying something is happening. I assume you've gained points taming in the wild, tho? I'd like to be able to see like we see for clade gifts, and maybe you can... like see some bar moving, some message you gained taming exp. Just to know you're not wasting your time completely.

i guess wait for molva and lyk i guess

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
i guess wait for molva and lyk i guess

I can only hope there will be, is this confirmed? Cuz I loved Lyks haha. I resented them on release but then I grew 2 love with how dynamic their 'skillset' was and jumping on them wowww. And always loved molvas. I bred molvas that were outright FUCKING CUTE BRO. AND STRONG. I could tell when people were coming off my breeds cuz I had run them thru so many things that they had special colors. That was another cool part of MO1. I think other than lag, bugs, and dubious-ness... Mo1 was super underrated (pre TC) as a game, I'd say combat (for non euros, cuz they were playing in a diff universe) was one of the worst parts, but now it's one of the best. There is a lot of missing flavor and depth.

But still the issue is the same, I assume you are a vet? But I dunno... anyway back in MO1 the biggest issue was finding those 'grey' things you could fail on and spamming them until you had to move to a new spot. My issue is that I didn't seem to get much lore or taming exp in all my fail tames. I unlocked the lore, and that was it, and got no ticks in taming. That was like... 4 horses I think and 1 success. You'd think I'd get something at 38. But I dunno.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
I can only hope there will be, is this confirmed? Cuz I loved Lyks haha. I resented them on release but then I grew 2 love with how dynamic their 'skillset' was and jumping on them wowww. And always loved molvas. I bred molvas that were outright FUCKING CUTE BRO. AND STRONG. I could tell when people were coming off my breeds cuz I had run them thru so many things that they had special colors. That was another cool part of MO1. I think other than lag, bugs, and dubious-ness... Mo1 was super underrated (pre TC) as a game, I'd say combat (for non euros, cuz they were playing in a diff universe) was one of the worst parts, but now it's one of the best. There is a lot of missing flavor and depth.

But still the issue is the same, I assume you are a vet? But I dunno... anyway back in MO1 the biggest issue was finding those 'grey' things you could fail on and spamming them until you had to move to a new spot. My issue is that I didn't seem to get much lore or taming exp in all my fail tames. I unlocked the lore, and that was it, and got no ticks in taming. That was like... 4 horses I think and 1 success. You'd think I'd get something at 38. But I dunno.

believe me i remember looking for those agressive lyk in the deep jungle ( dont remember the name ) to gain some taming xp ...

idk if lyk and molva were officialized , i hope so

bredding thought was said to be nerfed a lot