Taming and Animal Care (As they are now) Should be Crafting Skills

Minyiky

Dec 10, 2020
I see people trying hunter's build already, which means archer/fighter in heavy armor with battle pet. Making domestication tree a proffesion would destroy any balance that is left. Everyone would run pokemon trainer cos it would be non-brainer best option to do. Especially when zoology tree was moved to proffesion skilltree already.

No-one is saying move the domestication tree to profession, all people want to be moved is taming and animal care, as those aren't needed to have a pet in any way as you will be able to buy them just as you would a sword. You would still need, creature control, beast mastery, herding for multiple pets etc. and you could have the same build with or without taming and be no different in combat

Komodor

Jul 11, 2020
No-one is saying move the domestication tree to profession, all people want to be moved is taming and animal care, as those aren't needed to have a pet in any way as you will be able to buy them just as you would a sword. You would still need, creature control, beast mastery, herding for multiple pets etc. and you could have the same build with or without taming and be no different in combat
I misread then. As long ad CC is in action skilltree I'm fine. Cheers

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
EDIT: Nevermind, looks like we are on the same page now. Yes I still want CC under action skills where it solidly belongs.

Last edited:

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Just gonna add IMO Animal Care should be a secondary skill. Simple put the only thing the skill does is doubles the XP your pet gets at lvl 100. So base it takes 30 mins to earn one level with 100 animal care its 15 mins. It nice in that it cuts leveling time in half, but I don't think it worth being a primary skill, it landing Technique has more uses in actually gameplay than Animal care does. The same can be said for Beast Influence skill not worth being consider a Primary skill.

Reactions: Runaljod

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Just gonna add IMO Animal Care should be a secondary skill. Simple put the only thing the skill does is doubles the XP your pet gets at lvl 100. So base it takes 30 mins to earn one level with 100 animal care its 15 mins. It nice in that it cuts leveling time in half, but I don't think it worth being a primary skill, it landing Technique has more uses in actually gameplay than Animal care does. The same can be said for Beast Influence skill not worth being consider a Primary skill.
Could defo see it being a secondary of beast mastery or beast influence, or even herding. Just to bring more value to those skills.

Runaljod

Jan 3, 2021
After almost a year the topic of domestication skill bloat arises again.. The default argument is that domestication has a mountain of primary investment because using pets in combat is not player skill related enough to justify its immense power. I'm sure that we would all love to see more involved gameplay with beastmasters and less skill bloat in this category.