SV blocks content for red players (xmas event)

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Yeah, what an exhilarating gameplay loop.
What would make a less dogshit grief happy game? As it stands I've caught entire groups of people just camping outside of gates near towns PKing anyone that tries to leave said town even if the person they're ganking is just naked and has nothing worth killing for. Game needs some way to punish mass PKing or this game would just be Rust were you wake up on the beach with your rock and can't walk two feet without being mowed down by fully kited guys shooting rocket launchers at you cause fuck it there nothing in that game to punish or stop them from doing it so they do. At-least be happy they buffed the shit out of Parcels so they always give +2 to your standing each time and aren't RNG based any more, and not like it takes long to run one Parcel, depending on which towns your running between it a 5-6 minute horse ride.

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
By that logic, the devs should charge you money every time you murder someone and transfer it to the victim. Because you are wasting/running victims' time they paid money for the game.
Time to man up to your disgusting attitude, or better, change it altogether.
This is a pvp sandbox game. Players bought this game knowing that they can die anywhere on the map. While I agree that murderers should be punished, I do not think murderers should be excluded from community content (emphasis on community) that SV is spending time on developing funded by the one time purchase and future sub. Players that are murderers are paying for community content that they cannot participate in. Obviously, I would not expect murderers to have access to blue tasks (bounty hunts, etc.).

I am not sure why you're saying that I have a disgusting attitude just because I'm trying to have a discussion on the state of the game. Sounds like you are the one that needs an attitude adjustment. I look forward to camping you outside town and killing you while your naked. I'll take the murder counts.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I haven't played mo1, but that sounds fun. Unfortunately, I'm sure the majority of the community sides with the two comment above yours that are directing all criticism to the players for being a murderer, as if we are bad people irl? Pretty weird reading their comments when all I'm trying to do is have a dialogue on the direction of the game.

You have access to some loot outside the city by the water, but I'd tend to agree. There should be more than 6-7 raffle bags in locations that red players can reach. Maybe something in a lawless town, GK, or some other celebration going on in a red city with some lore attached, but is essentially the same thing as the tindremic tradition. IDK just spitballing. There are multiple 'cultures' in the game, and it would make sense that there is more than one type of holiday celebration going on at once.

Wouldn't be too upset though... I picked up over 10,000 bags and it was hell, and I barely got more than 300g worth of stuff for like days of grind.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
This is a pvp sandbox game.
It a PVPVE sandbox game, people bought the game knowing that it has PVP but that it also offers more than just mindlessly killing every person you walk across in the open world.

I will agree though the event should be in a better location though, but the event should also offer better rewards too. As it is now it literally just free loot bags in a safe zone any person that naked can pick up so people complaining about looting 10k bags and not getting anything good I mean what do you expect there literally zero risk partaking in the event. Why are we expecting sacks of gold and rare matz to just fall out of the sky and into our tindrem bank exactly?

This event should have been located in a lawless town and the loot should have been a lot better would have made for a much more enjoyable and interesting event.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
What would make a less dogshit grief happy game? As it stands I've caught entire groups of people just camping outside of gates near towns PKing anyone that tries to leave said town even if the person they're ganking is just naked and has nothing worth killing for. Game needs some way to punish mass PKing or this game would just be Rust were you wake up on the beach with your rock and can't walk two feet without being mowed down by fully kited guys shooting rocket launchers at you cause fuck it there nothing in that game to punish or stop them from doing it so they do. At-least be happy they buffed the shit out of Parcels so they always give +2 to your standing each time and aren't RNG based any more, and not like it takes long to run one Parcel, depending on which towns your running between it a 5-6 minute horse ride.
I think you and I, some stranger on the internet whom I know nothing bout, could come up with a better system than the primitive errand running where you take a parcel from Point A to Point B in order to allow you to PvP in this sandbox game without consequence. There should absolutely be a reason to not kill people in this game, but what we have isn't it.

I think you and I could come up with it in a matter of hours.

Imagine having a decade of feedback and game design experience and having the chance to recreate your dream game. When you design the murdercount/flagging system for the second time, which was one of the biggest complaints of MO1 by the way, you say "Oh yes lets just allow them to ride a horse from A to B to allow them to continue to PvP. That will also give them 'content'. Sounds great. Next topic."

EDIT: By the way, in your first paragraph you even agree the parcel system doesn't do what its intended. People still "camp outside of the gates near towns PKing anyone".

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
SV seems to love hosting events in Tindremic areas. A good portion of the community are now blocked from participating in the tindremic hosted xmas event due yo negative tindremic standing. If only we had multiple character slots that let us experience the full game we paid for, and will continue to pay for via subscription.

Discuss.
No one forced anyone to have negative tindremic standing. You blocked yourself out of Tindrem.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I think you and I, some stranger on the internet whom I know nothing bout, could come up with a better system than the primitive errand running where you take a parcel from Point A to Point B in order to allow you to PvP in this sandbox game without consequence. There should absolutely be a reason to not kill people in this game, but what we have isn't it.

I think you and I could come up with it in a matter of hours.

Imagine having a decade of feedback and game design experience and having the chance to recreate your dream game. When you design the murdercount/flagging system for the second time, which was one of the biggest complaints of MO1 by the way, you say "Oh yes lets just allow them to ride a horse from A to B to allow them to continue to PvP. That will also give them 'content'. Sounds great. Next topic."

EDIT: By the way, in your first paragraph you even agree the parcel system doesn't do what its intended. People still "camp outside of the gates near towns PKing anyone".

I remember back in alpha a couple of years ago I made a suggestion.

No flagging outside of town limits. Everyone outside of town is grey. If you are in the area of the town you are flagged... blue. If you kill near towns like grave yards you can lose rep. But in the wild no rep loss. Congrats problem solved.

But the community at the time said that was to harsh and not good for the game. Yet a carebear like me came up with it.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
This is true I agree the Parcel system not very engaging well designed and at times doesn't do enough to stop people who are just greifing tbh, and I have nothing wrong with PVP and PKing in this game, but at the same time I don't want this game turning into how most rust server end up were zergs dominate and small groups just get stomped out because there nothing in the game to protect them. As it is now I'd rather see decisions about how to replace the existing system with a better one instead all I see is "Parcel system shit this a PVP game people should expect to be ganked 24/7".

At some point it just get frustrating and makes people want to quit when they walk out of a town die by the first person they see, walk out of town die by the second person they see, walk out of town die by the third person they see when all they're trying to do while being killed is gathering resources or learning how to play the game. You do need to expect being ganked in this game and just learn to accept it will happen, but to expect it from ever single person playing well if I wanted that I'd be playing Rust, Escape from Tarkov, or Dark and Darker not MO 2.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
This is true I agree the Parcel system not very engaging well designed and at times doesn't do enough to stop people who are just greifing tbh, and I have nothing wrong with PVP and PKing in this game, but at the same time I don't want this game turning into how most rust server end up were zergs dominate and small groups just get stomped out because there nothing in the game to protect them. As it is now I'd rather see decisions about how to replace the existing system with a better one instead all I see is "Parcel system shit this a PVP game people should expect to be ganked 24/7".

At some point it just get frustrating and makes people want to quit when they walk out of a town die by the first person they see, walk out of town die by the second person they see, walk out of town die by the third person they see when all they're trying to do while being killed is gathering resources or learning how to play the game. You do need to expect being ganked in this game and just learn to accept it will happen, but to expect it from ever single person playing well if I wanted that I'd be playing Rust, Escape from Tarkov, or Dark and Darker not MO 2.
And I fully agree with you as someone who's playstyle, except for when I first started in MO1 with SS, has always been PK anyone who isn't my guild. I understand people saying its a "pvp game" because it is, but so is WoW for that matter. However, I like the idea of an immersive world with laws and guild law in territory they own. I DO think the game needs a reason for all playstyles. This is an MMORPG....emphasis on the RPG part. I want to see incentives to be a lawful player. I want to see lawful guilds owning territory and setting their own damn laws within it.

But again, what we currently have is just a very basic and terrible system. It doesn't even make sense. As long as you run parcels to one empire enough they let you kill their citizens? Like what?

I'm just mad all over again. I don't play this game anymore, but I really wish it was in a state to where I did. I wasted tons of time with MO1 thinking it was going to eventually get good. I made hundreds of posts of feedback and suggestions. I was invited to the test team. Then MO2 was announced and I was like "Wow this is it. They get to take all this feedback and experience over the past 10 years and finally make MO what it needs to be". And here we are...tens of thousands of game sales and barely hitting 1,000 players. Which 1000 players is pretty decent btw, but regardless it still shows there is a lot of shit wrong.

I can't help but to be extremely bitter when I have invested so much time into the games. It really is like a toxic relationship a lot of us have with SV. But here I am, still on these forums because I care and think the game can be good. Sometimes my comments can sound like I'm just bashing the game, but I really do enjoy engaging in constructive conversations with people about how the game can improve. Even though these forums are forgotten about by the devs...

Now that I've gone way off topic of the thread, I think OP makes a fair point. And I don't think people should say he has a "disgusting attitude" for what he said.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I play mortal online to be a fatmage, not a mail man.
3982865.jpg

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I don't care about the crim system. That's not the point of this post. The issue I have is that players, after purchasing a full price game and expected subscription, are blocked from content that developers are spending time on. This would be corrected by having multiple characters on one account. While I do agree that a Levia or Karni murder counting is ridiculous, my main issue is blocking paid content.
The idea that you deserve all of the content of the game because you paid for it is absurd. That is just simply not how mmorpgs work.

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
SV seems to love hosting events in Tindremic areas. A good portion of the community are now blocked from participating in the tindremic hosted xmas event due yo negative tindremic standing. If only we had multiple character slots that let us experience the full game we paid for, and will continue to pay for via subscription.

Discuss.
There is a reputation system that prevents you from going into towns if you have - rep.

You get -rep for doing bad things so: Bad things = Can't go into towns.

If you want to go into towns and play , be good.

Reactions: Elijah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
There is a reputation system that prevents you from going into towns if you have - rep.

You get -rep for doing bad things so: Bad things = Can't go into towns.

If you want to go into towns and play , be good.

Or to not be lazy... run parcels.

Reactions: Elijah

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
Or to not be lazy... run parcels.
I have max rep everywhere.... And I've been doing my best to keep it that way in preparation for future content... Problem is I have a bad habit of murdering people in the sewers. Point is that I maxed out all my reps within a day or two once I got serious about it, so it isn't that difficult. A day of grind for several days of murdering really isn't that bad. Unless you, stupidly, want to keep all your reps maxed for future content it isn't that hard. You'd have to go on a serious rampage to get 100 MC, and even then your time running around looking for targets is much much longer than the amount of time you'll spend doing parcels.

Heck, why not do both at the same time? I did a lot of fab->kranesh runs a long while back, and always had PvP and rep to offset murders.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I have max rep everywhere.... And I've been doing my best to keep it that way in preparation for future content... Problem is I have a bad habit of murdering people in the sewers. Point is that I maxed out all my reps within a day or two once I got serious about it, so it isn't that difficult. A day of grind for several days of murdering really isn't that bad. Unless you, stupidly, want to keep all your reps maxed for future content it isn't that hard. You'd have to go on a serious rampage to get 100 MC, and even then your time running around looking for targets is much much longer than the amount of time you'll spend doing parcels.

Heck, why not do both at the same time? I did a lot of fab->kranesh runs a long while back, and always had PvP and rep to offset murders.

Exactly. Fab-Kran, or if you're positive, Fab-Tind. Another common one, MK-Tox, Mohki-Bakti, Meduli-Tind.

I mean hell it isnt exactly hard. And if you wanted you can EASILY find pvp on any of those routes.