/surrender & simple prison dynamic

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
Thinking about this idea for a little bit.

Basically if you are being pursued by a guard you can type /surrender and your character will put his hands up/unequip their weapons and wait for the guard to catch up with them.

Guard them bounds the players hands and walks them back to town.

Player gets put into a stockadeor a cell naked where other players can throw tomatos at them.

Player then gets to wait a minimum of 5 mins where every minute they slowly gain some reputation back.

The rep can increase until they are at a baseline again so they can rejoin society.

All of your personal belongings will be returned to you at the end of the wait time.(stolen items will be taken back and returned to owner)

Higher offenders will also be executed at the end of their sentence where they lose their items.

Of course you will always have the option to suicide during this process and just continue being a criminal as usual.

This would solve the issue of having to run parcels and offer an entertaining experience for all people in town who can chat with the men on the gallows.

Make this also available for bounty hunters to turn in a criminal alive

Also arena that a criminal can’t leave for an option to gain rep! :D

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
I had mentioned a Prison system in the past, Easier method however in general is if a guard within town range places you in mercy mode they would run up-to you which a timer will count down until you're arrested.

After being arrested you'd be teleported away to the prison environment of the town, You'd have a timer to wait out or you can mine/harvest to speed up the process.

Once thievery/pilfering is out there would also be gates/exits to picklock your way out easily so you can simply dip if you're ever caught, Could even stay in prison and smuggle people out for a fee etc.

Overall this would help against griefers in town and slow down their ways, Also would add some fear to the guards "Near" towns, Perhaps a Jailor guard that runs around, Would also help work around the jank mechanics of sometimes turning grey in town randomly which it would be less punishing (Ofcourse someone could easily just run upto you and kill you out of mercy mode) so the choice is still there.

I can see options of people wanting to get killed before getting captured or even fighting off guards attempting to arrest mercied players outside of town which would force players to turn around and save their friends as they have the opportunity.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
idk if they were to do this id prefer it be like in Oblivion where you can either wait real-time, or get out instantly but you lose like 5% of your skills. Or maybe you can pay in gold to get out too. Don't really want a public shaming system in game though I think its childish and unethical

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
idk if they were to do this id prefer it be like in Oblivion where you can either wait real-time, or get out instantly but you lose like 5% of your skills. Or maybe you can pay in gold to get out too. Don't really want a public shaming system in game though I think its childish and unethical

Yea the point of instant release would be something to think about for a cost

I mean, Public shaming? Really lol? someone who can’t handle getting hit with a virtual tomato probably shouldn’t be playing a social game.

But yea I think it would actually result in a better environment in general.

Last edited:

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021

So it is ethical to go murder people and take their property, but oh no, don't demean anyone, that is just wrong.

Reactions: Domtomsen

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Its only a social game if you are a townie. The game is actually a full loot survival sandbox in the shell of a MMORPG.

If you leave town you attack people on sight or you avoid people as much as possible. That is how you survive with how the rules work. No amount of punishment for PvP is going to stop that outside of just making all the PvPers quit.

If I want to be social I have a discord, Im not going to town to be around a bunch of people who cant play the game properly and have to listen them talk about noob things.

I dont appreciate the sentiment that if you cant handle public shame then the game isnt for you, because its of the mentality of "its a hardcore game PvPers should be punished extra hard but not the non PvPers, Make blues have no consequences"

A lot of other things could and should be changed first before adding more PvP punishments to a game which punishes PvP already too much. So many people have quit and several guilds died due to the priest changes mainly.

I do dislike how guards just kill on sight for anything. There could be more mechanics to the game to make it like a real RPG. But this game is so time gated that adding another time gate to the game would further drop the play count.

If they want to add stockaids for low rep players after bringing back red priest and adding risar head rep that would be fine. Time gating a criminal debuffed character from respawning at a red priest could be good if it was near a town. I think this is what they should do, roll back some of the anti PvP changes and if you are a criminal player you can not spawn at the red priest untill criminal goes away (but only for town red priest). Having to run 20-40 minutes because you died just kills off the population.
If you die to a guards, or near town with low rep then you can be instant respawned to the stockaids and do all that rep gain junk.

Less punishment for PvP away from town while having having a spawn time gate for criminals at towns. But we really need be able to gain rep from bandits and risars in this game. Would get PvPers out into the world fighting each other and have a reason to not spend all your rep on killing noobs in the graveyard.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
Its only a social game if you are a townie. The game is actually a full loot survival sandbox in the shell of a MMORPG.

If you leave town you attack people on sight or you avoid people as much as possible. That is how you survive with how the rules work. No amount of punishment for PvP is going to stop that outside of just making all the PvPers quit.

If I want to be social I have a discord, Im not going to town to be around a bunch of people who cant play the game properly and have to listen them talk about noob things.

I dont appreciate the sentiment that if you cant handle public shame then the game isnt for you, because its of the mentality of "its a hardcore game PvPers should be punished extra hard but not the non PvPers, Make blues have no consequences"

A lot of other things could and should be changed first before adding more PvP punishments to a game which punishes PvP already too much. So many people have quit and several guilds died due to the priest changes mainly.

I do dislike how guards just kill on sight for anything. There could be more mechanics to the game to make it like a real RPG. But this game is so time gated that adding another time gate to the game would further drop the play count.

If they want to add stockaids for low rep players after bringing back red priest and adding risar head rep that would be fine. Time gating a criminal debuffed character from respawning at a red priest could be good if it was near a town. I think this is what they should do, roll back some of the anti PvP changes and if you are a criminal player you can not spawn at the red priest untill criminal goes away (but only for town red priest). Having to run 20-40 minutes because you died just kills off the population.
If you die to a guards, or near town with low rep then you can be instant respawned to the stockaids and do all that rep gain junk.

Less punishment for PvP away from town while having having a spawn time gate for criminals at towns. But we really need be able to gain rep from bandits and risars in this game. Would get PvPers out into the world fighting each other and have a reason to not spend all your rep on killing noobs in the graveyard.
"public shame" its a video game

The first point about this not being a social game shows a lack of understanding of the genre of full loot pvp games.

Day z, rust, tarkov (especially now with voip) and all the other full loot games you can think of that allow for player interaction (battle royal games can be exceptions no doubt) are at least 50/50 social games.

I could obviously say that all multiplayer games are social experiences too but that would muddy the water a bit. But in principle a multiplayer game is a social experience.

You can’t say that mmos are not social, and you can’t say games with voip are not at least in large part social experiences.

It’s just stupid to die on that hill.

Go watch some videos on the aforementioned games and tell me what videos by at large have the most views?

The ones with the player not talking with anyone or the ones where players interact with each other.

The discord comment was also redunkulous.

You’re pretending that you don’t know that people are more likely to talk to each other in game than in a discord call?

I know people do that for privacy of course which is imo something that Mo2 lacks and should work to rectify that design flaw. But yeah it’s just dishonest to suggest that the only communications between players happens in towns and otherwise discord is the “correct” way to socialize.
——
The system I proposed here is an option for criminals to gain reputation back, omo there should be several.

If a player is so petrified from someone (in the worst case scenario) saying something like (haha you suck you died) then while I have no respect for them as people I already said they should have other ways of increasing rep in other ways.

But you gotta be a pretty fragile person to be pretend to be a killer and criminal in game and then choose to be put into a cell or stockade and still cry about people making a few silly jokes.

Or are you in the camp of “everyone should kill people at all times outside towns cause like it’s the way the game is supposed to be played.

Which again is another moronic take for nothing else other than the design has consequences to playing this way built in.

You can say you wish that was the way the game was, and advocate for that kind of game. But it doesn’t help your situation to just delusionally assert that the game was made for the specific reasons that you personally play it.

Show me anywhere that the devs and henrik have said discord is for chatting and the in game voip is for what? Shit talking as far as you’re conscerned I guess.

Or maybe voip is in game specifically to get people to give each other their discord names.

Ill bet money that the “shaming” 😿 wouldn't Bother 99% of people playing

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
"public shame" its a video game

The first point about this not being a social game shows a lack of understanding of the genre of full loot pvp games.

Day z, rust, tarkov (especially now with voip) and all the other full loot games you can think of that allow for player interaction (battle royal games can be exceptions no doubt) are at least 50/50 social games.

I could obviously say that all multiplayer games are social experiences too but that would muddy the water a bit. But in principle a multiplayer game is a social experience.

You can’t say that mmos are not social, and you can’t say games with voip are not at least in large part social experiences.

It’s just stupid to die on that hill.

Go watch some videos on the aforementioned games and tell me what videos by at large have the most views?

The ones with the player not talking with anyone or the ones where players interact with each other.

The discord comment was also redunkulous.

You’re pretending that you don’t know that people are more likely to talk to each other in game than in a discord call?

I know people do that for privacy of course which is imo something that Mo2 lacks and should work to rectify that design flaw. But yeah it’s just dishonest to suggest that the only communications between players happens in towns and otherwise discord is the “correct” way to socialize.
——
The system I proposed here is an option for criminals to gain reputation back, omo there should be several.

If a player is so petrified from someone (in the worst case scenario) saying something like (haha you suck you died) then while I have no respect for them as people I already said they should have other ways of increasing rep in other ways.

But you gotta be a pretty fragile person to be pretend to be a killer and criminal in game and then choose to be put into a cell or stockade and still cry about people making a few silly jokes.

Or are you in the camp of “everyone should kill people at all times outside towns cause like it’s the way the game is supposed to be played.

Which again is another moronic take for nothing else other than the design has consequences to playing this way built in.

You can say you wish that was the way the game was, and advocate for that kind of game. But it doesn’t help your situation to just delusionally assert that the game was made for the specific reasons that you personally play it.

Show me anywhere that the devs and henrik have said discord is for chatting and the in game voip is for what? Shit talking as far as you’re conscerned I guess.

Or maybe voip is in game specifically to get people to give each other their discord names.

Ill bet money that the “shaming” 😿 wouldn't Bother 99% of people playing
I played this game long enough to know that its not a social game. Its a survival game. Henrik doesn't realize that and neither do you.

All these "you's" as if you know me? Pretty much is just a page of you calling me a moron and fragile but with all most no actual substance. Like what are you mad about with me?

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
I played this game long enough to know that its not a social game. Its a survival game. Henrik doesn't realize that and neither do you.

All these "you's" as if you know me? Pretty much is just a page of you calling me a moron and fragile but with all most no actual substance. Like what are you mad about with me?

1st off IM ALWAYS ANGRY!!!

2nd off you can play the game as long as you want and still be wrong about it.

3rd the kind of person who is gonna sit here acting like they are more credible than the people making it at describing the design of the game seem delusional to me so if that’s what you wanna pose as then that’s what I think.

4th you can feel offended if you want but it’s not useful to the discussion. Whether you are fragile or not doesn’t change that you are arguing in place of people who either don’t exist or people who are imo extremely fragile and the game shouldn’t be designed around them. Way too much of that in games and it’s refreshing to me to see star vault making something without so many guard rails.

You wanna try and argue a game that has no survival mechanics is a survival game then go for it but I think your just coming off as a contrarian who wants to sound thoughtful.

Lmao “not a social game”